17 Days of Bonus XP & Marketplace Promotions!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

Thank you for joining us in EverQuest for 17 years, and helping make Norrath great! It’s our 17th Anniversary, but we’re giving YOU the gifts!

[IMG]

Bonus XP!
    [IMG]

For 17 days, players on EVERY server will earn 170% XP instead of the normal 100% (a 70% bonus)! 17th Anniversary Bonus XP starts at 11AM PDT on March 16, 2016 and ends at 11:59PM PDT on Friday, April 1, 2016.

Don’t Miss These Marketplace Deals!

All of the following Marketplace promotions start at 11AM PDT on March 16, 2016 and run until 11:59PM PDT on Friday, April 1, 2016.
    [IMG]

Two Heroic Characters for 5000DBC!
    [IMG]
    Heroic characters are a very popular item. They make it easier for EQ veterans to start an alt, or for friends to get a head start when they’re joining you in Norrath. These are normally 3500DBC, but for the 17 days of this anniversary promotion you can get two Heroic Characters for only 5000DBC!

Note: Heroic Characters cannot be used on progression servers.

Gnoll in a Barrel

Looking for a cute awesome gnoll to join you on your adventures throughout Norrath? These new pets are Fippy Darkpaw approved!

[IMG]
    Each Gnoll in a Barrel costs 299DBC, and gives you the chance of one of the special gnoll pets that’s only available from the Marketplace during our anniversary!

Special Hero’s Forge Armor Sets

These premium armor sets are available for a limited time! If you truly want to stand out in a crowd, look for either Golden Hero or Clockwork Hero's Forge in the Marketplace, that are available for premium prices.

[IMG]
    Clockwork Hero's Forge Cloth Armor

[IMG]
    Golden Hero Hero's Forge Plate Armor

Clockwork Hero's Forge sets are 9900DBC each and require the Hero’s Forge feature on your character to be able to use this cosmetic gear. There are 7-piece sets for plate, chain, leather and cloth-armor wearers.

Golden Hero 7-piece sets are 19900DBC each. As an additional bonus, the Hero’s Forge feature is INCLUDED when you make this purchase.

Don’t Miss Your Chance for These Mounts

[IMG]

As part of the anniversary, we have some mounts that will be taking a vacation and joining other items that aren’t available currently in the Marketplace.

Before these go away, you can get any of the following mounts for up to 30% off. Just like everything else that’s part of the anniversary, these mounts won’t be listed in the Marketplace after this promotion ends at 11:59PM PDT on Friday, April 1, 2016, so don’t miss your chance to pick these up!
    • Armored Planar Ardennes Saddle
    • Armored Royal Ardennes Saddle
    • Armored Royal Shire Saddle
    • Charred Rotdog Saddle
    • Fleshless Rotdog Saddle
    • Albino Rotdog Saddle
    • Ognit's Mini Dirigible Device
    • Grassland Tiger Saddle
    • Plains Puma Saddle
    • Forest Jaguar Saddle
    • Pegasus Saddle
    • Battle Armored Pegasus Saddle
    • Onyx Skystrider Saddle
    • Parade Armored Onyx Skystrider Saddle
    • Goral Stalker Saddle
    • Mechanical Skystrider Saddle
    • Ruishi Saddle
    • Reindeer Saddle
    • Raptor Saddle
    • Dragonfly Saddle
    • Komodo Dragon Saddle
    • White Wolf Saddle
    • Worg Saddle
    • Regal Worg Saddle
    • Gray Wolf Saddle
    • Battle Armor Worg Saddle
    • Noble Prowler Saddle
    • Marble Prowler Saddle
    • Toxic Prowler Saddle
    --

Which of these 17th Anniversary promotions is most exciting to you?
  2. Phynster2 Journeyman

why isn't there a golden set without the added hero's forged... like for collectors of hero's forged like myself we already have the ability to use it, and now you charging us again just because we want the gold set...
  3. kyong Augur

It would be cool if previous RaF rewards could be incorporated into the anniversary like the Luclin painting porting to plane of shadow and the resilient adventurer's crystal!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Middis New Member

Wow... Whoever priced the new hero's forge sets clearly didn't think about the consumer. That is way ridiculous. You really need to rethink the price.
    Tazzytu22, beryon, Garshok and 4 others like this.
  5. Rhiyannon Augur

would be nice if i didn't get a blank white page instead of the marketplace...
  6. Balfor New Member

Are you all serious?? 9900 db = 99.00 usd. that is 10 to 20x what sets normally go for. Someone needs to be bitchslapped.
    Tazzytu22, beryon, Garshok and 3 others like this.
  7. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

It's your product and you can charge anything you want but $99 is overpriced. And what's the deal with it having to come with Heroes Forged? i already have it on the toons I want it on. Don't most folks that use this?
  8. Ghubuk Augur

How do we join up for drunken race if our character slots are full?
  9. Riou EQResource

F2p Account, everything is tradeable
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Jein-ko New Member

CORRECTION!! Let me get this straight, you are wanting to have a person spend approximately $200.00 for a visual item in game? (10000 DBC costs $85.00) Who in their right minds thinks this is a logical and worth while price???? When the majority of people have the graphics adjustment turned off, explain how this is makes any sense at all??????
    Tazzytu22 and Garshok like this.
  11. Jein-ko New Member

Yes, most people who want these ornaments already have this. It is absolute stupidity by the daybreak personnel to try to charge these amounts. Really sours the interest in the "marketplace" items. And the cloth gold one doesn't even include a robe.
    Tazzytu22, Yinla and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Shuford New Member

Yea, but at least we get a 70% exp bonus. With that out there no one will notice the other high prices. :devil:
  13. Stormrider New Member

Yeah, seriously! Is that price a mistake?!?
  14. Riou EQResource

No, it is intended, they want to test how many people will buy "premium" items. To see if they will make more of them or not.

If you like the idea and want more buy them, if not skip them basically.
  15. fuloph New Member

I don't usually get on the rabble rousing and complaining band wagon, you can't please everyone... but 100-200 USD for armor sets? You should be ashamed of yourselves. I've played EQ for 17 years, and have spent a TON on SC stuff and buying krono for plat. You can make your money off of people without being outright price gouging. The only person that would pay that much is loaded with cash, or more likely, the kind of addictive personality that can be found in a game like this. I can't stress enough how disappointed I am with you guys.
  16. Vixx New Member

You know - the station cash stuff has been a necessary and even fun adjustment to offset the declining user base; this is extreme by any measure. It's insulting at best, and I hope not an indicator of whats to come.

If you look at my account history - I am your target market, and micro payments (including in game transactions) are a significant portion of what I plan and enable for a living.

It's an anniversary celebration - where both sides come together to mark something special. Sure make some money around it .. make a lot of money...but do so by delivering good quality, unique and a wide variety that appeals to the masses and celebrates what the last 17 years have been about.

I almost feel sorry for the folks that run around in armor that literally says I paid almost $200 ( 2 years of prepaid game time?) to look like this... (especially on Zek). I'll ignore it, like many .. but it really makes me doubt your ability as custodians for EQ
  17. Saeadyan Elder

Bud, if you are seriously thinking of spending $170.00 for a skin for your armor I don't think you're worried about the cost of hero's forge, LoL.
  18. kiethann New Member

Seriously, some of the chracteristic that was in EQ2 marketplace i would like very much to see does not happened in EQ1.

For example,eq2 offers to buy unlock gear slot which i think it is very relevant to eq1 in which can use to unlock prestige item.
    Any chance we can get this in eq1 ?

No Gifting of items to other players as well!!
  19. Iila Augur

The answer to nearly every "Why can't items in EQ1 do/be X?" is because the game was programmed 20 years ago, and for every way the game stores data, the worst possible option with least room for expansion was chosen.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Cazmac Augur

[IMG]
    Heroic characters are a very popular item. They make it easier for EQ veterans to start an alt, or for friends to get a head start when they’re joining you in Norrath. These are normally 3500DBC, but for the 17 days of this anniversary promotion you can get two Heroic Characters for only 5000DBC

Two Heroic for that price? But what if you want them on two different accounts?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.