14th anniversary and beyond: What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheQxx, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Mystia New Member

I have fun every anniversary time, but i dream of having LDONs revamped, with
    greater ones perhaps with each anniversary year, adding higher Tier Tasks. Ldons were fun, and brought alot of different people together. It was a great expansion, with good content where you could pick how hard you wanted it to be.

PoP Fabled was a very good time for me, perhaps something like that in our future aswell. Either way, Anniversary time always brings something special, quests, missions, tasks, ect. It will still be memorable for me!!.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This would make logging on very tempting...
  3. Darktower Elder

I really enjoyed the Living Legacy raids back in '08.

Something along those lines would be cool again IMO. Maybe do four more similar raids where same-server guilds would compete against each other on a tiered reward program. Then maybe have four more group-type events where full groups of non-merc'ed players could compete for tiered gear. Have it set up before where there were posted results and a bulletin-board style ranking site where you could see how you were doing. Make them similarly balanced as before so that guilds/groups could be rewarded differently based on endurance, sprint, marathon and intelligence-based events.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Rouan Augur

I would like to see one last big multi-zone event (The War for Grobb, or the invasion of Firiona Vie), but with everyone likely to have a merc and the servers not handling things like they used to now... might not be feasible anymore.
    Kurayami likes this.
  5. Kurayami Augur

My need for clickies agrees with this return of the war for Grobb idea!
  6. Fendy Augur

Hotzones. Does anyone else remember when they used to change roughly twice a year? We've passed 14 months with the same tired hotzones even with frequent cries for new ones.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Hot zones equals 14th Anniversary events how?
  8. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Chardok needs to be the next zone that gets an exp boost.
  9. Mellifleur Augur

Think he was just interjecting with the idea they need to be updated.
  10. Iila Augur

Didn't Eli mention wanting to do an updated Sebilis?

With a faster respawn, the basepop in there would still work pretty well for modern eq. And except for the run out there, it was a pretty cool zone. Just make it a separate zone from the normal Sebilis to prevent conflicts with epics and lower levels. Sebilis has a lot of good design built in to it, well defined camp areas that have boring stretches of trash separating them, interesting zone features and a variety of mobs. The problems of a disconnected zone out and inconsistent named placement are either less relevant now or can be fixed in the revamp.

I would also be in favor of Chandrok updating Permafrost every 5 levels for double exp weekends as long as the original zem is kept.

Chardok is also big enough to be a good revamp, but Howling stones is kinda small and has some annoying gimmicks.
  11. smash Augur

The missions there come during the anniv events, dont let them come with rewards of type 21 augs, there more than enough of that reward(augs).
    Let the rewards be something usuable instead of that.
    Maybe time to expand some of the cities and make some parcels where people could get some, instead of only in their neighbourgh hoods.
    Reward could be a ticket of a lottery where an amount of people can win a parcel in a zone. Each zone should have around 10 parcels, You would still not be able to build a house on the parcel or place items on the parcel. You would need a certificate to do that, which you can get from markedsplace for 500 -3000 SC depending of the zone.
    This is not some extra power you can buy, but kind of be able to influence, how the zones look like. Imagine having a house in SL or Xorbb or CoB...
  12. Fendy Augur

14th anniversary and beyond: What do you want to see?

And beyond. New hotzones is what I want to see.
    BlankStare_001 and Tarvas like this.
  13. TheQxx Augur

"And beyond" meaning, 15th anniversary, 16th anniversary etc...
  14. Gragas Augur

Actually see something released and maybe some actual release DATES.
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  15. Enizen Elder

A Corrupted Veeshans Peak, maybe even bring back the no gate mechaninc, but please make all the loot worth the effort.