14th anniversary and beyond: What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by TheQxx, Feb 22, 2013.

1. TheQxx Augur

Personally, I love me some Anniversary events. When they did the first round of Fableds for 5th year, I had a blast and thought it was really fun and refreshing. I liked the subsequent additions each year after and understand why new Fabled stopped being added. What I'd like to see is a restart from the beginning. Like for this year, I'd like to see old world Fableds get re-Fabled (Legendary perhaps?) to have their difficulty and loots scale up to today's game and then next year the Kunark fabled would get the same treatment and so on.

I'd like to see more beefed up versions of old world dungeons, like what we got with Permafrost and Crushbone recently. Specifically the Guks, the Sol A/Bs and the like. Aside from the loot and augs, it's muy bueno to get to XP somewhere outside of the expansion for a few weeks (I'd really like for those zones to be available as an instance year round after they are added too).

I feel like the Anniversary events should be something that gets people back into the old world for a few weeks. There's not much reason or opportunity to go there on a daily basis and I think people enjoy romping around old dungeons and cities for some fun once a year.

Anyway, with the happytimes right around the corner, I'm curious what other people are hoping for this year and each year when the Anniversary rolls around.
  2. Xirtket Augur

I agree, I like going back to old places, it would be nice if something like this happened, I think they made an awesome decision with RoF and redoing some old zones and making them popular again.
  3. Shang Augur

I'd be okay with them repeatedly redoing PoP fableds every year.
  4. Trajet D'Or Augur

If they are going to spend time making content, whether that's Legendary mobs or raids like ToFS it should available all year. To take the same amount of Dev time to create and itemize the content but only provide players weeks or months to use that content always has been and always will be a very inefficient allocation of resources.

If you have ample Dev hours you can rationalize that allocation of resources on the basis of by forcing players to re-sub at a specific time and/or forcing players to buy RoF before the anniversary period ends or they won't be able to do that content until March 2014 but EQ has long since lacked a level of man-power to pursue revenue in that manner.

Launching new Legendary content or raids like ToFS on the anniversary of the launch of your game makes sense but you should be able to trigger/spawn the Legendary mob or request the raid year round. More content is always a good thing.
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Falos Augur

I'd be content with them adding instanced versions of all the old raid zones in their original or mostly original form.

Vex thal, Sanctus Seru, Akheva, ToV 1.0, sleepers tomb, kael, etc.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I had a blast doing fabled pop. Wouldn't mind a revamp of all of them. Hell they could add achievements for those folks who are odd about that kind of thing.
  7. Axxius Augur

Burned Woods! :)
  8. Tanecho Augur

It would be so epic if the burned woods was our anniversary zone, and the zone in was located in a different zone each day.
  9. Belchere Lorekeeper

If they are looking for zones to redo, please avoid smallish old world zones like Crushbone and Befallen. I would suggest the 3 best zones in order to revamp for anniversary celebration would be: Charassis (Howling Stones), Sebilis, and Chardok!!

Huge zones, spread out nameds, and classic dungeon feel.
    -----Cinexa-----, Khoza and Axxius like this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Oh yeah, new revamped Sebilis would totally rock. Not just Fabled.
    -----Cinexa-----, Khoza and TheQxx like this.
  11. Obiziana Augur

I'd love to see Seb as well, that has to be the greatest dungeon of all time. I would really enjoy seeing some Guk in there as well. Maybe I just like killin frogs.....who knows.
    TheQxx likes this.
  12. savrin Augur

I don't need any redone zones. I just want a bunch of raids to do.
  13. Muji Augur

Anniversary Great Divide War!
    Rouan and TheQxx like this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I think the 'seasonal' zones may work better since it focuses players in that area, for that period, making it more likely a single player will find a group/support; or so is the idea. Like hotzones.

But again, the problem with multiplayer games is other people.
  15. Kurayami Augur

More miniraids and more special anniversary augs w/ corruption resist please.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

I'd like to see fabled Tacvi personally.
    Darchon_Xegony and Xnao like this.
  17. Stubar Augur

Agreed, however there was some issue with the scripting being to complex to make Tacvi fabled for some reason (that's what I remember hearing anyway). That's why the "fabled program" stopped after PoP IIRC. Would LOVE Fabled Tacvi/Uqua..ect.
  18. Recnarp Augur

Continue doing "if you complete all of this year's anniversary quests, you get 1 big reward." However, make it better than last year's reward. :)
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I have no idea how much initial work it would take, but I think that in the future instead of temporarily revamping these old zones (and thus making them unusable by those actually at those levels) that it would be nicer if instead everyone just talked to an NPC by the zone in to that zone and would get ported into an instanced version of that zone which worked similar to the neighborhoods. We would all still be in the same zone but the normal zone would still be accessible to those who want to use it.

I'm also all for revamped versions of some of the Kunark zones. Sebilis, Karnor's Castle, and Chardok would top my list.
    TheQxx likes this.
  20. TheQxx Augur

That's what I was always hoping for with those revamps (like Permafrost) that they are released as an anniversary thing, but would remain in the game for people to enjoy all year round. Just have an NPC inside the normal zone, which ports you to the beefed up version. I'd love to see all the froglok dungeons get the anniversary treatment, those are my favorite dungeons (the Guks and especially Sebilis) along with RunnyEye, Solusek's Eye, Nagafen's Lair, Cazic Thule, Karnor's, Howling Stones, etc...