Is anyone gonna play tormax?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lamberduim, Apr 14, 2024.

1. CdeezNotes Augur

I just wanted a unique server for the anniversary. Maybe an alternate currency server. All raids gets alt currency (up to HOT obviously since VOA+ has it).
  2. Kahna Augur

There is zero chance they have the time to accomplish this before the servers launch. Best you are going to get is something they have already done.
    Magneress and Sheila like this.
  3. CdeezNotes Augur

Thank you, captain obvious. What I'm saying was I had hoped for a unique server. But alas, we got retreads. Guess Aradune and/or live gotta keep me entertained another year.
  4. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Quite possibly.

I'm a '99er (just hit my 25 years two weeks ago and I got the itch) and played fairly continuously for about a decade. Did every round of progression servers through Agnarr but haven't played at all since. Longest break I've ever had from the game in some form or another.

So if I can swing it, time wise, I'm thinking it's a good opportunity to sink back in.
  5. Magneress Augur

Would not mind being able to box two accounts from one computer as for completely removing true box at launch in the age of chatgpt and AI is asking for disaster lol.
  6. Doze Augur

That would certainly be in line with calling Tormax an Aradune ruleset server and it would no doubt generate an increased interest in the server.
    Magneress likes this.
  7. Bewts Augur

I think you may be able to avoid the login challenges that Teek will certainly experience by playing on Tormax. I guess that is a good thing.

However, the longevity for Tormax as a viable server to progress is certainly a question as the longevity of a TLP has a direct correlation to its starting population. This makes Tormax a likely candidate to burn out into a dead server far too soon for a 25th anniversary server.

Again, if you only plan to play through PoP - Tormax is probably just fine. Going beyond that - you'll see attrition and new TLP offerings next year severely contract the server population on Tormax. Teek should have much better retention in comparison.