Is anyone gonna play tormax?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lamberduim, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Vortalis New Member

No a pvp server named Tormax would be perfect!
  2. clan darkpaw Journeyman

I understand you have a guild to support but burying your head in the sand will only hurt you and your guild in the end.
    splitpaw and Sheila like this.
  3. Intercept Augur

Not in a guild, won't even look till mid Velious at earliest cause I don't start raiding till then at the earliest.

I dunno about burying my head in the sand, just going off the last 25 years of success to show that Tormax willalso be a success.
  4. Kahna Augur

I guess we will see in a month or so.
  5. Magneress Augur

Teek is kinda overhyped butt everyone butt a few do seem to like free trade most I guess. Teek will be the krono heavy economy though.

It is a little concerning for those that want a full server. With a healthy raid scene.
  6. Celatusp99 Augur

I don't think Teek will be the krono heavy econ that people fear, mischief was not like that. There is just so much gear flowing in that things are much cheaper than you would imagine. I don't think you will have trouble finding raids on Tormax though so that may be your play.
    Yinla and Magneress like this.
  7. Kahna Augur

Not really how it ends up working. Sure the very tippy top high end items are krono. The rest of loot is very reasonable. I have outfitted alts in last expansion's raid gear for 1/10th of a krono. Otherwise known as the spare change I gathered while leveling.
  8. splitpaw New Member

A large chunk of your data range is irrelevant but ok. Let's ignore actual data and yell 25 years all day!

Tormax is on pace to be the least successful TLP since Miragul.
    Sheila likes this.
  9. Intercept Augur

Not worried, server will be fine
  10. pipo Lorekeeper

And then we were in quarintine and we couldn't do anything else. Now it's the recipe for disaster.
  11. Ticino Journeyman

I am actually torn with where to go. I don't like the idea of free-trade but Teek is where the people will be. So it comes down to people/rule-set I don't like vs not many people/rule-set I don't mind. I find myself bouncing between the two almost as much as I do with my class choice.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Make a char on both and see if Tormax is as bad as people are making out, at the end of the day everything is guess work based on posts on the board.
  13. Kahna Augur

This. Play on Tormax for the first two weeks, avoid the Teek queues. When those die down roll on Teek. See which rule set and which community you click with. A couple of weeks behind the curve isn’t going to matter in the long run, being happy on the server you pick matters more.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Ticino Journeyman

I like this idea. I don't mind behind the curve the only problem is guilds are what make or break a server for me. So if I end up liking Teek better and level up, join a guild, do a few raids, guild doesn't work for me, and I try other guilds and same thing, then I am stuck further back on Tormax. But, the idea does have merits for determining how the general play of each server will play out.
  15. Chyron Lorekeeper

Or you might find a cool group of people in your first few weeks on Tormax. I don't think its as hard to find a guild that you can raid with and enjoy as you're making it seem. If the raid times work for you, and in a few days of guild chat you aren't turned off, you're probably good.
  16. Soriano Augur

People simply do not understand BASIC economics.

SUPPLY & DEMAND

Free Trade and Random Loot will flood the server with SUPPLY so DEMAND will be much lower.

When demand drops so do prices.

And before you ask how is it greater supply...in a Free Trade environment nothing ROTS.

Add Random Loot falling off mobs that normally do not drop the items...it just means EXCESS...

So if you think Teek is going to be some krono haven it is likely to be the opposite.
  17. IheartEQ Elder

Dang. A lot of posters on this forum are getting mean about this topic. Do you act this aggressive in real life towards other people's likes? Some of you seem to hate the fact that other people share a different view point from your own. It almost sounds personal. Do you scroll down to the bottom of Twitch.Tv and mock the streamers who play games with low view counts? Do you knock on people's doors and tell them to stop enjoying their favorite unpopular game, tv show, movie, book, etc? It is just a game that we are all trying to enjoy.

Tormax players simply enjoy a standard ruleset. Another page of negative posts about the server isn't going to change my mind. I don't enjoy randomized loot anymore. I tried it and called it quits.

Just remember, Yelinak clones bring in the money as well. If Darkpaw calls an end to standard servers, eventually players will grow tired of the Mischief ruleset too. The standard ruleset players will have moved onto another game, and you will be left with "not another Mischief clone."

If Darkpaw changes the ruleset to something that I do not enjoy, I still hope that it does well from a fan and financial standpoint.
    Magneress likes this.
  18. Sheila Elder

Honestly, it’s because tormax has all of the signs of not doing well, and the half dozen pro-Tormax players haven’t been the most fun to interact with. ‘25 years!’, ‘tormax is fine’, ‘your data is flawed’,’why do you want tormax to fail so bad?’.

No one wants Tormax to fail and want it to be super successful. Most of us have an alternative goal in mind, for example I want truebox removed but are hopeful that tormax is successful regardless of what they move forward with.

I want everyone to get the ruleset they want but also realistic that this year might be a year to skip the traditional Tlp, just maybe?
    KobalWR likes this.
  19. Intercept Augur

It might, but it would be ill advised imo.

Many players will not play Free trade
    More won't play random

Neither will play on Teek and many of these players have been playing EQ on and off for 25 years, these people are older and much of them do not use any social media whatsoever.

They are much better off doing two dif servers as is.

One for those who wish for also Mischief restart
    the other for those of us who will not play that ruleset and are looking for a traditional EQ server
    Yinla and Sheila like this.
  20. Ticino Journeyman

That is possible too. Though I don't recall indicating it would be difficult to find a guild to raid with and enjoy.