Is anyone gonna play tormax?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lamberduim, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Intercept Augur

There will be a ton, many people who have played this game for 25 years don't use forums, social media, etc..

There will be lots of people on Tormax
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Intercept Augur

People who have been here for 25 years want a server closest to the games release, we know this because it's been 25 years and this game is still going.

So making one crazy kind of EQ server and one traditional server is a very fair compromise
  3. Intercept Augur

I kind of agree.

Sometimes I want to play a new game so I load up steam and check out whats new, popular, etc..

I'd never think of playing this game as a new game
  4. Crimson Violet New Member

Yeah, I figured there would be a lot, not as much as Teek, but a fair amount. I just like to talk with potential guilds ahead of time or to make my own. Finding a guild once you are actually in-game is not something I enjoy doing as I tend to leave them more often as the pre-server bond is not there.
  5. Sheila Elder

I will say that there is literally no indication that there’s a hidden horde out there spying Tormax. People that don’t frequent forums won’t know this is even being released. I’d temper my expectations that Tormax will be in a good spot once queue stops being a reality on Teek.
  6. Intercept Augur

Not posting on an EQ site is hardly hiding out, heck you don't even have to visit the forums in order to know about the new servers as they are on the front page of the site.

People really overestimate how much of the population comes to these forums.
  7. Intercept Augur

I see people without a guild all the way to cap and in the early days most are without a guild they are too busy playing the game.

I join a guild when if/when I'm looking to raid and the earliest I ever raid is mid velious as it's just not even fun until then for me
  8. Sheila Elder

You’re one of four people looking forward to Tormax in a forum full of EverQuest nerds and we are telling you it’s DOA. You can say otherwise but now would be the time to start asking for changes for Tormax that you’d like rather than double down. It is what it is lol
  9. Kahna Augur

There is no reason to think the forums doesn't represent a reasonable cross section of the game's players. It's what, 10-1 in favor of Teek right now? 15-1? Something in between there.

This game doesn't have enough people who play it every year for a server that is only going to pull in 8-10% of the annual EQ TLP reroller population to be successful. I do wish you Tormaxians the best, but you've got a rough road ahead of you.
    Sheila likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Silly how many here think that whatever they don't like must be "bad". If you want Teek, thats great. Yet so many think its bad to want something else.

Theres a reason most players avoid the forums (And thus you're unaware of their views)
  11. Sheila Elder

I’m sure there are a lot of people that don’t post and you’re right I don’t know their views. There’s no compelling evidence to think that there’s a huge population of players out there that aren’t, within some margin, going to align with the people that have posted, starting a guild or spoken in discord. Certainly some past servers have confirmed that opinions of servers on the forums have translated almost directly into how well they perform. I’m sure Teek as is, is going to be very popular. There’s no reason the indicate that Tormax is going to pull any surprise. It’ll do well for a couple weeks and then it will be sad.

Also, I personally want everyone to get what they want, within reason. I want EverQuest to remain a popular game far into the future. That means that there will be rule sets I love, some I hate and that’s all fine. I just don’t think they nailed it with Tormax.

I’m also realistic that Tormax isn’t hitting that stride.
  12. clan darkpaw Journeyman

Literally 5 people will be on Tormax come July.
  13. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

I heard everyone that loves the classic feel from p99 is coming to Tormax. Maybe we will get lucky and R---girly will go there too.
  14. Intercept Augur

I'm gonna go by the last 25 years of evidence proving the exact opposite of what you are saying, but please don't let facts get in the way of how you feel
  15. Crimson Violet New Member

Okay then, yeah. If I could change Tormax:
    - Random Loot (No free-trade)
    - FTE enabled
    - Legacy enabled
    - Oakwynd Ruleset
    - 4 month unlocks
    - Slower XP gains
    - All race/class combo at start

Otherwise if nothing is changed, I still prefer Tormax
    Sheila likes this.
  16. pipo Lorekeeper

Developers have chosen to have a plain TLP server, asume it.
  17. Sheila Elder

Or, and hear me out, we could give constructive feedback and they can decide what to do with that feedback?
  18. Zansobar Augur

Keep saying that enough and maybe you will start to believe it.
  19. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Tormax will be okay. Let this thread due already.
  20. Doze Augur

Well, they might if they follow the Official EverQuest page or one of the fan groups on Facebook, Daybreak on Twitter or even if they are just lurking on one of the many Discord servers related to EQ (guilds etc.)