Server locked krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by auto21, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Hamshire Augur

2. xxar Augur

I never claimed a single thing , it was in response to you posting the top 15 most pay to win games.

The reality is it will not make the list , its not even a top 20 mmo in 2024.

The game can be fixed , we all know that but at the end of the day its a executive business decision.
    That choice at the end of the day boils down to dollars , I have no argument there or rebuttal.

I also accept that eq is pay to win , if a player opts to pay. I am not saying that a person can't play the game without paying , but on the other hand there is nothing in this game that can't be bought in one sense or another.

That is just the reality of the state of the game , you either accept it or not.
  3. code-zero Augur

Define winning in EQ

I'm not being snarky, this is not a zero sum game

You can buy some stuff that may or may not improve your experience but I'm pretty sure that the folks in the top end raiding guilds on the live servers are not shopping the Marketplace every week before they go raid to stock up on stuff so they can win.
  4. xxar Augur

I never said they are , I think you keep trying to gloss over the fact that Bob ... can buy the same stuff they have with zero effort.

That's all I really have to say about this thread.

I just wanted to point out it can be pay to win if someone wishes it.
    I can care less myself , I have a lifetime sub and 100 + krono.

I am neither pro or against , but you do not get to say this game is not pay to win.
    The reality is , it can be if one makes the choice.
  5. Atomos Augur

Krono is one of the reasons that this game is even still running today. You start getting rid of things like that, just what are you going to do with your time after EQ is shut down?

P99 is for people who can't comprehend that Krono isn't the devil and doesn't ruin the game.
    fransisco, code-zero and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  6. Celatusp99 Augur

The best cure for P99 is playing on P99, its far more toxic than anything I have encountered on a live server. Pre TLP's it had its place i suppose. Now I can't imagine who plays there.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Sheila Elder

This has always been the case, kronos just make a direct and legit way to do it without worrying if your account will be banned later and DBG makes some profit off of it too. I think the only thought is does it happen more because that is the case since players that want to follow the rules may not have previously engaged in that practice? IDK. But I do think now that it is allowable, there's no easy way to stop it. All players now know that they can access this stuff, so I'm not sure that cutting off krono will directly impact the pratice.
  8. Celatusp99 Augur

I play for free and I get my gear by playing. Its not pay to win for me other than perhaps the bags. If people think that is egregious p2w than I don't know what to tell ya.
  9. Hamshire Augur

So then we agree, its p2w. Lets also not forget that platinum is no longer the most used form of currency when trading with someone anymore, its krono, that thing you buy in the store for 20$. Everquests main form of currency used for trade is 20$ subscriptions, which is impressive, its probably the only video game on the market that has players main currency for trade be 20$ subscription tokens bought from the in game store.
  10. Celatusp99 Augur

I think its not for me which is why i always end up with more krono than when I started. Also you can have the same or better outcome than someone who pays to win through rng and time spent.
  11. fransisco Augur

What makes p99 so toxic?
  12. Celatusp99 Augur

everything is open world so its constant fighting for raid mobs.