Server locked krono

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by auto21, Apr 9, 2024.

1. code-zero Augur

Does not matter whether it is a prepaid visa or paypal. Krono are all tracked and they know what account got them. Then they know where they went. You think that you're being really clever but all that sort of thing has ever done was get people permabanned when they bought those sweet $5 Krono off the plat sellers auction
  2. auto21 Augur

I'll just say if it was this easy, why are the plat dupes (which are more damaging) not "tracked" and fixed?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Krono where specifically designed from the start to be tracked from creation (someone buying them from Daybreak) to consumption (someone redeeming them for game time) That is not the case with plat or other in game items. The fact that they are purchased with real money and can be used for game time made strict tracking requirements necessary.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

I'm beginning to suspect that some people think that there are actual Krono farmers camping mobs that have a rare drop of Krono
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe that is the rules for a PvP TLP where you drop any krono you have when you are killed by players.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Hamshire Augur

One thing I see nobody has mentioned in this thread, you do realize this version of Everquest is pay to win right? Id even go so far to argue that its extremely pay to win. And you are asking for a no Krono server for a pay to win version of Everquest?
  7. code-zero Augur

Is there a secret section of the Marketplace where I can buy better than in game gear for DBC?

That's what pay-to-win is, not in game trading of anything between players
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  8. Tachyon Augur

you can pay another player for loot rights
  9. Hegsheoshed Augur

I keep getting to the point where plat farmers for Krono are so prevalent that it isn't worth it for me to pay to play since it takes longer to get anything done in empty or rapidly emptying zones due to a single player farming plat on autopilot. I like the idea of a pay to play server that characters can migrate to from other servers. It won't happen though.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need krono in order to do that.
  11. Tachyon Augur

correct paypal is cheaper.. my point eq has been pay to win since 1999, krono is simply the owner getting a piece of the profit
  12. Numiko Augur

I kind of miss the days of general chat getting spammed with "Buy Cheap Everquest plat at www . insertgamecurrencysite . com !! 20 times a hour.:rolleyes:
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Hamshire Augur

The definition of pay to win is the ability to buy an advantage over other players and during the leveling phase of Everquest it is extremely pay to win. A lot of people buy all of these potions at launch and roll them 24/7 while leveling and they do this for a reason, those people also tend to be the first to max level on the server, and the people who get first access to the desired items. And the stories we all hear about of items selling for ridiculous prices comes from those who get first access to them.

with an exp potion you now level faster then others, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    with a movement speed potion you now move faster then others and save time asking others for movement speed buffs, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    with the bag bundle you spend less time at vendors & don't need to spend upwards to 10minutes looking for a mage to summon bags, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    with a regen potion you now regen health faster then other players, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    with a haste potion you now attack faster then other players, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    with a mana regen potion you now regen mana faster then other players, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    you can stack you exp potion with the exp perk, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    with the extra bag perk you have more inventory space then others, you have now bought an advantage over players who don't buy it.
    Epicus likes this.
  14. Artanthos Journeyman

Krono is RMT

The only difference is Daybreak gets a cut.
  15. code-zero Augur

15 Best Pay-To-Win Games in 2023
    Funny enough EQ doesn't make the list despite your exercise in sophistry
  16. xxar Augur

17. Hamshire Augur

What kinda argument is that? You realize pay to win games are the most popular in the whole gaming genre right? Obviously Everquest didn't make the list, Everquest hasn't made ANY lists period in the past ten to fifteen years. Its still pay to win though!
  18. Kahna Augur

19. Kahna Augur

https://www.thegamer.com/best-mmorpgs-ever-wow-runescape/
  20. code-zero Augur

Sorry, I couldn't find a sarcasm tag.

Seriously you and others want to claim EQ is P2W because you want to have something to complain about.

I have seen calls for TLP to be free with no marketplace and no krono on rare occasions and I'm sure that along with a "volunteer dev" program would make some people happy except it's not viable.

One way or another the game has to be paid for and the current model seems to be keeping it afloat. Getting players who have demonstrated a willingness to just quit and only show up to grouse in the forums or on social media is not a good business plan