LDON Expansion This Year Please.... Also Side Rant..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by khat, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Rythorn New Member

I'm glad you're the all knowing. People really need to stop thinking their thoughts? That's where you lost me. Again, the only way to know is to implement this and see, since your speculation is just that, speculation.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're the one acting all knowing LOL. You're saying "everyone feels this way", as is the OP. You're speaking for "everyone".

You're speculating. The only one that has any data at all on it is Daybreak.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Rijacki like this.
  3. Took2summmit Elder

I don't know if this is what he did, but every zone has repeatable merc tasks that are super easy and decently fast xp. A 3 person group should easily be able to get 10-12% an hour or so at 115+. A full group of 6 real people I imagine could close to double this. 10-12% an hour is SIGNIFICANTLY better than anything we had during Kunark era (outside maybe AE groups in seb) etc. so if this isn't fast enough for you, it's possible it's time to look for something else to do.
  4. Rythorn New Member

I never said everyone, I said it could be a fantastic thing to reel in new players. Please read before commenting. I'm speculating in the fact it could be great to bring in more players, sure. But you saying that people stick to people they agree with, you're wrong there, too. I embrace different opinions to bring up solutions to problems. In which, personally I think this expansion would be great for bringing in players. Never once said everyone.

You also told people to stop thinking their thoughts *eye roll*
  5. fransisco Augur

Really not sure what your point is aside from saying anything he says is invalid. I'm not saying we need an ldon expac, but you are saying no one can know anything, therefore they shouldn't say anything.

Try responding to the actual subject instead of pretending their thoughts are invalid because xyz
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Not to burst your bubble but all merc tasks have timers. Having 3 vs having 6 doesn't matter when you are waiting on a timer.

Also, I think some of you may be on FV (or Test) or have Friend bonuses (or something else) cause there isn't a current mission in game that gives 5% on completion (no achievement first time bonus) on a regular Live server.

It seems everyone tells white lies in these arguments.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Your turn to read. I said people need to stop thinking their thoughts are EVERYONES thoughts.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Flatchy like this.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I just want at least one 'grind' 'kill 40 x' type mission, without raid mechanics, with the standard 6 hour lockout.
    Vumad likes this.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

LDON and original artwork?

No!!
  10. Scila Augur

ldon = snore boring
    Flatchy likes this.
  11. Rythorn New Member

You're right, thanks for pointing that out. My bad there. It still doesn't change the fact, that unless they implement it there is no way to say for sure that more people don't want it, than do. I think Tides of Time anni tower will be a good indication of this, if it turns out to be something fantastic once the rest of the isntances are launched. Personally I think it's a fantastic framework for an LDoN-esque expansion.

It streamlines a lot of things, to get people back into the game, or to start playing the game, is where I come from. We need new and returning players all the time, if the game is to be a successful business. Just losing and not making up for them is a bad business move. Doing the same things over and over and over each expansion is super formulaic and causes people to end up getting burned out. Obviously with a new LDoN expansion they'd have to make new zones completely in my opinion for this to work.

Next people will say the team is too small and not enough resources for it. This isn't the debate here, the fact is many people, do think an LDoN based expansion (original dungeons, new "wayfarer" camps if we follow that lore), etc. It wouldn't just be a reboot of the same things, in my personal view of this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The problem isn't the number of people who would like it but the amount of work it would take compared to what we get with expansions now. They have to do the work to create everything needed for every level range the expansion supports and the only thing they can reuse are the zones and models
    Rythorn likes this.
  13. Rythorn New Member

This is a very big hurdle, yes. Along with hardware and software requirements and limitations, too. I'm not saying it'd be easy to produce, or cheap. As a business grows, and they make more money with an IP, they can invest more money into the IPs themselves. That's where I come from here. It'd be a huge undertaking and massive task - but if the funds are there and it's possible, the potential is near endless.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you seem to be missing the issue that the devs don't really have enough time as it is. In the latest expansion they cut the number of raids and group missions due to time constraints and what you are suggesting would take even more time and resources.

Overall it would be better to add in more content for the current/new level cap instead of adding content for lower level ranges that might not even get used. If we still had the dev team size that we had in the past and they had the time for larger expansions it might be more worthwhile.
  15. Rythorn New Member

I'm not missing the issue that they don't have the time as it is, as I stated, it would cost a lot. Because more people would need hired, to make this happen. Thus being more expensive. It doesn't change ideals that this is the case. Ideas are where things start to come to fruition. I completely understand they probably don't have the resources (speculation) to make this a massively successful venture (given the team size they have) at this time (I believe for a massively successful venture, it would have to shake the gaming industry as a whole), but there are many things they could do, as using the old framework of LDoN as a starting point, creating a few new instance zones and some static zones sure, a 7 zone expansion, 4 of them being new and randomized dungeons would be fantastic to start with.

Also, I just think mercs, parts, hunters, collections and a new evolving item EVERY expansion is overdone, just trying to come up with ideas.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would still be making a bunch of content that would likely get a lot less use then the current/new max level content that people already complain isn't enough to keep them busy all year long. It would be much better to work on increasing the amount of content in the current/new max level before working on lower level content. How many other modern MMO's use the LDON style content? That question should give a good idea about how well it will be received. When you really get down to it LDON's really are repeating the same content over and over again as there are just a few mission types and you will be doing the same over the entire level range.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

IDK about only missions, but more missions than two would be nice.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Dungeon slayer 2.0 achievement would be brutal!
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As mentioned this has been brought up before and there are many posts for and against but bottom line is:

Quote Absor:

Unfortunately, the way LDoN adventures were made makes increasing their levels a nightmare. It would require remaking the thing for every five levels we want to update it. It would also require some arcane knowledge that would have to be rediscovered. That's why we created the "Errand" system used by what are called Heroic Adventures. A much more functional system that accomplishes pretty much the same gameplay.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/uncap-ldons.218160/
    Rijacki and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  20. Cimbaeth Elder

I'm not lying... Laurions Inn mission chest gives 5% regular exp every time.. provided you have lessons running, which is really easy on a persona because switching over to the persona and then back after chest means you can have 1 lessons charge lasting for days. Why would I bother with repeatable merc tasks. For that matter even Doors mission gives 2-5% with lessons.. depending on level. It was quite a bit higher at 100- I think 15%?