Is anyone gonna play tormax?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lamberduim, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Tachyon Augur

thanks!
  2. Lamberduim Elder

Do buffs expire when you switch persona's? Say I get my druid to 60. Buff my self with high level druid buffs, than switch to my level 1 monk.
  3. Gialana Augur

They shouldn't count down when you switch Personas, but each Persona has its own buff bar. So if you buff your level 60 druid and switch to a level 1 monk, the monk won't have those buffs. But when you switch back to the druid, the druid should still have them all.
  4. Kahna Augur

Pre-Nexus/PoK/Bazaar this is a great way to save exp pots. Pop a 4 hour pot on your main persona. Group breaks up after 2 hours and you want to take a bit of a break from people and go farm some tradeskill mats? Just origin home and pop over to your other persona and the exp pot stops ticking down on your main persona.
    Gialana likes this.
  5. Rothj Augur

I will play tormax probably
    Magneress likes this.
  6. Kraked Augur

I suspect that Tormax will have an Overflow from many of the hardcore raiders who are fully epiced / geared / leveled in the first 2 weeks on Teek that want to obtain a few extra KR from the casuals who don't want to farm garbage and a few of the botter/boxers that also want to do the same because prices are going to be driver down with loot being so common of Teek.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Well so far there are 16 guilds advertising for players on Teek and only 2 on Tormax, at least in the guild lfm aggregation post in the forums here.
  8. Intercept Augur

Tormax will be fine, this game has been around for 25+ years and Tormax will have the rules closer to the original than Teek
    Magneress and Amtwo like this.
  9. Chopsuey Augur

There is no comparison between the 2 rulesets for fun per hour. They say they made Tormax based off of how popular Aradune was but completely ignore the circumstances surrounding what made Aradune so populated...a pandemic and lots of people with more free time/less to do outside.
    Still holding out hope they add selo rate xp to teek for peak fun per hour.
  10. Zansobar Augur

I don't think the pandemic had much to do with it. Aradune was advertised as a Paid GM that was going to enforce the rules and actively ban the cheaters, plus it was a strict 2 box server, again supposedly enforced by the paid GM. That is what generated the interest in the server, not the pandemic. Of course, once DPG got their bag sales revenue they pulled the plug on the GM enforcement and the server became a Mangler clone.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Kraked like this.
  11. AzzlannOG Elder

Like everything in life, it was most likely a combination of what each of you have pointed out. I didn't play long on Aradune because of life so I dont have good insight into why it was popular. I would guess most of the reason was not the ruleset though. I think they should spice up Tormax, as it is clearly not going to be popular.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree with you about the name Teek. It seems rather dull and uninspired. It's got as much gravitas as Jack or Jill (no offense to anyone named that). After doing a bit of research I found out the server is named after Franklin Teek an NPC in the Plane of Knowledge who was placed there in 2008 which is nowhere near EQs classic era. I don't understand why they chose this name since their are a surplus of iconic names in Norrath to choose from.
  13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Not I. Why ride a 25 year old moped which I have many many times, when I can drive a new fancy scooter!
  14. Arclyte Augur

People that disliked the 2 box rule on Aradune will claim it was only successful because of the "pandemic" in bad faith.

I'd say it definitely helped, but you can't attribute all of it's success to just that. I have yet to see a server launch with the 4 minute long lag delay, or the weeks of server queues that Aradune had.

Unfortunately the GM presence they sold was a lie, and the same bot crews were doing what they always do at the same locations 24/7.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. Soriano Augur

The enormous queues were the pandemic. The sheer number of available players in early 2020 will never be repeated.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  16. Amtwo New Member

Yes, I am very much looking forward to playing on Tormax! The rule set looks to be a lot of fun!
  17. Magneress Augur

Dunno the idea of Teek is nice but it also scares me away because Going to certain mobs and places for certain items and experiencing certain content is what EQ is about.

Now ppl will just sit in the easiest zone on teek and kill the same easiest mobs for every item. I'm sure for casual/alts its really good. The free trade is also pretty scary too. I'm not much of a trader anyway personally. So IDK. As long as there is some active end game guild to progress through on Tormax I will probably play there.
  18. Kahna Augur

You should give Teek a try, it's really not that scary. There are still certain mobs who will drop certain things, just a bigger pool. Also, Teek is going to be much much easier to come back to if/when you have to take a break. All mobs in EQ are pretty much equally easy so people will still be at all the camps, they don't just sit at the lowest level mob in the range and kill that. In fact more camps than you find on a typical server have people at them, rather than just the "good ones".

Mischief loot rules is a casual's paradise, but it's also really good for hardcore players too. Especially the ease with which you can take a short (or long) break and come back later and jump right back into things.

Tormax will have people on it. It will likely survive to PoP with a functional population. But after that, it's going to struggle, big time. If you want to see the later game Teek is the best choice for longevity.
  19. sadre Augur

I've done my due diligence and looked into the Teek server. Seems to be geared toward a younger set, new ideas and whatnot. If I wanted something new, I'd attend a Kesha concert.
  20. Zansobar Augur

Tell me you didn't play on Mischief without saying you didn't play on Mischief...