Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Soriano Augur

Heirloom does not create the bank space nightmares....try again?
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Never once filled my bank or the dragons hoard or the tradeskill depot. Buy moar bags? If you have you should seek counseling for hoarder addiction. It's not something to take lightly, i have seen the TV show Hoarders.

And i play alot and keep quite a few things.
  3. Kahna Augur

No AOCs was far from Ragefire's only problem. Rizlona had the same problems as Ragefire when it came to grouping, the community and economy. You may not have seen the lack of these things as an issue because you have your own box group and don't need anyone else, but that is pretty much the core of the issue.
  4. Soriano Augur

No /pick was what created the issues on RageFire...

mass box groups were at every camp and there was only ONE of the camps not 15-20 instances of the camp.

You hate boxing we all get it...GET OVER IT.
  5. Kahna Augur

LOL Ragefire had /picks hun. It just didn't have AOCs.

And I don't hate boxers. I won't play on a server with unrestricted boxing but I never said I hated them. I just dislike the impact it has on the over all personality of a server. I even said I think they should occasionally give folks a no truebox server. Also I don't really have anything to "get over". Truebox is the standard.
    KobalWR likes this.
  6. Twizle Lorekeeper

Truebox is the standard because unfortunately players like yourself dont play past the point were 1 apm is no longer sufficient for playing your class
  7. Kahna Augur

I am still playing on Mischief in HoT so try again. I will still play on Mischief while playing on Teek. Shocking, I know.
  8. Twizle Lorekeeper

wait you said you wont play on a server with unrestricted boxing yet you play on mischief, are you just a massive hypocrite?
  9. Kahna Augur

No. There is a difference between unrestricted boxing in classic and relaxed boxing servers. I have repeatedly said in other posts that OOW is a good place to relax boxing and TBS to remove it. Search my post history and you will find it. Classic->PoP the community of a server is being developed, post GoD it is what it is and relationships are already established. It doesn't have the same negative impact as it does at the start of the server. People already have established friendships and can rely on those people so they feel less need to spin up a box.
  10. Twizle Lorekeeper

nobody cares about your post history, you contradicted yourself in consecutive posts ...

they should just remove boxing restrictions when auto kick gets removed
  11. Kahna Augur

I didn't. Pretty sure no one here gives two shakes of a lambs tail about truebox after PoP. Truebox only matters pre-PoP, that is a given. Sorry you can't understand that it has a different impact at the start of a server than after a server has had a year to mature and get established.
  12. Twizle Lorekeeper

are you unable to read other peoples posts? or do you think auto kick removal occurs pre maturity? either way please stop replying with your opinions as they are irrelevant
  13. Chikkin Augur

while you're probably right by some high percentage, I would not give you a 100% cosign on this, because if they're smart, they know people (who do not have this down to a science) may not even know about Krono, or bought Krono before, or may not even sub for the game until day of server release.

Also, the people who don't make Day 1 a thing in their real life -- but catch word of it late, or just come a little bit after the hot start, may see some huge thread(s) here for the first week talking about 2-5+ hour queues with some like 20 pages of replies and complaints, and be pushed away thinking they already don't have a lot of time for EQ, and now they can't even get in to play easily.

I think there is a small chance they change Tarmac some (which would affect Teek's population a tiny bit, depending on the ruleset) and I think there is a very-small chance they add a "2nd Teek Server". They saw Mischief and Throneblade. -- I would be more sure about it, if it weren't for the fact that they have never released 3 TLP Servers at once.

Still, they like money, they must (and surely will) do SOMEthing. I'm sure they have plan b-z scenarios and resolutions etc, while they wait to see how much backlash and player demands they get on things.

Or perhaps I'm overly optimistic. :D
  14. Chikkin Augur

I have not heard 2 shakes of a lamb's tail since my Grandma was alive. She passed away in 2003. Thanks for that memory jog!
  15. Kahna Augur

I wanted to say two something elses (my G-ma was a sassy lady) but they would frown on that on the forums.
  16. Sheila Elder

Meh, Rizlonas economy was fine. Our prices were much cheaper than Aradune. If you were a new player you could get geared up for cheap. Items that were running 1kr on Aradune were a tenth of that on Rizlona. I have no idea how good or bad the lfg game was but I grouped from classic until mid kunark and got along fine. I mainly stuck to friends. And plan to do so wherever I play.

You have very strong opinions on boxing and as I’ve said previously I can respect them. But rizlona was much like any server. We had communities - we mainly interacted with them when we raided together, we had drama when bad loot calls were made and we had a slightly different play-style. Rarely did I spend more than fifteen minutes in common lands. It was great.

I think you took one look at a forum post and think that you found some secret to rizlona. Or maybe you played on Aradune and heard second hand. The post you linked was not a reflective post but one made by a person dedicated to Aradune, bored and probably a little mad. There were many forum warriors taking swings at Rizlona at the time.

Oh, we also chatted on rizlona. Helped each other with epics. Etc…

I truly think truebox has its place but your conflating boxers to some unhealthy state for a server. Most of us started our boxing journey to help fill raid slots, help guildies or our friends and ourselves cause we didn’t sit waiting for two hours for a group. Truly doing it to build. And all you see are antisocial people that won’t kick invite others, won’t chat. And that if you get help from, owe a burden of debt that can’t be paid. Part of helping in eq id that it’s free and it’s great when you can repay it but also most of us do it with no strings attached.

Of course, there are people that are antisocial that but that’s truebox or otherwise.

Anyway, it would be great to see you post a little less about your boxing opinions. No one cares but you really seem to. As you’ve already mentioned truebox is standard. Only a small handful of people want it to be removed entirely and they are wrong. Perhaps we could find middle ground with relaxed. Because I think you’re overzealous in your belief that boxes are truly as harmful as you feel. But to circle this back to Tormax; I think what most people want and agree on is that tormax is gonna flop in current state. And a boxing server may mitigate some of it. And make a lot of people that share your opinions a tad happier. And that should be the topic. You should be applauding and reinforcing tormax as nontruebox if that’s your opinions. Show some support. :)
  17. Kahna Augur

I played on Aradune and Rizlona, As I have stated in other posts. My opinion comes from personal experience playing on the servers, not from forum posts.

You don't have to read or respond to my posts if you don't want to. There is a lovely ignore feature if you don't want to see anything from me anymore. The power is yours.

I support relaxed truebox. Just not at the start of a server. OOW is fine, TBS is fine for it to be removed. That is the middle ground DPG came to.

I have never said Tormax shouldn't be unrestricted boxing. I really don't care what they do to Tormax. They probably aren't going to make any changes to it, if they haven't said anything by now. I only ever said there should never be only an unrestricted truebox server released, because the two communities don't mix well.
    AzzlannOG likes this.
  18. Atomos Augur

Why would the removal of truebox drive away small scale boxers? I honestly don't know what you were trying to argue here, were you responding to someone else?
  19. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Except it's a measure of time (namely very short) not a quantity so kind of a weird usage.
  20. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Yep totally agree. Daybreak can maybe increase the xp rate to make it a little faster to get to max lvl. Which should alleviate players feeling like it takes too long to max out which translates to "might as well buy a plvl cause I dont have the time".

It won't get rid of plvlers but it might cut down on the amount of people who use their services.

Because plvlers will try to adjust the price from 1-60, 60-70 etc to ensure they still make the same amount of krono that they would have on slower xp servers. Depending on the demand that may or may not work for them. So basically

Oakwynd 1-60 8 hours plvl = 8 krono

Teek 1-60 5 hour plvl = 8 krono

But if xp is faster some would rather just lvl themselves vs paying the plvler that ammount.
    KobalWR likes this.