Producer’s Letter April 2024

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 4, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Buh-Bye....lol
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The last few images should be available now. I had them linked wrong, apologies.
  3. xxar Augur

I think FTE needs to be enabled on the Teek server , this is going to be a train fest ... bot nightmare.

There is already discussions of people just skipping it flat out due to the Kunark unlock + no FTE + epic situation that is going to be a nightmare.

If it's FTE + Random that be amazing but we can already see the funnel points that are going to be locked down inside of a week.
    Darrowin, Skuz and NuffanTuit like this.
  4. Atomos Augur

FTE was always a test, pretty sure this was even stated by devs? If it went well there was potential for it to become a permanent mechanic on all servers. Didn't play on Oakwynd so I've no experience with it to know how well it actually went, but reviews on the forums were pretty mixed, there were a lot of bugs, some people liked it, some people didn't. Don't know if the bugs were ever fixed, but some people have claimed there are ways to get around FTE making it pointless anyway (again only repeating what I've seen said, no actual personal experience). So it sounds like it either didn't go well enough or maybe they are taking the time to fix all the issues with it, but it's just not a priority.
  5. Gen2.0 New Member

FTE would have been nice. That said, cheap and lazy server rules imho.
  6. Kenuven Lorekeeper

There's only two "problems" with FTE.

1. If aggro goes to a non-group member because of heals or AE bard songs, there's no way to defend yourself unless the original target player's group yells for help.

2. Toxic players who want to KS/"DPS race" others have to wait until the 15 minute auto unlock happens.
    Darrowin likes this.
  7. Zansobar Augur

FTE went well. The only issue with it is when it was bugged, but they can just keep working on those few remaining bugs. 95% of the time it worked perfectly and you didn't have toxicity like KSing and trains. More camps were open than I've seen in the past since a single kronolord couldn't lock them down.
    Darrowin likes this.
  8. xxar Augur

I have to agree , wait til epic spawn points are locked down week one since we start in Kunark.

I hope people have alot of Krono to shell out.

I prefer to earn my gear at least with FTE people had a even chance to compete.
    Darrowin likes this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

These are based on time gates rather than expansion gates. So for example "classic has been open + 60 days = guise stops dropping." I made that number up because I don't remember the exact number, but it's basically like that. So there will be a window to farm stuff like that.
  10. Basak Augur

This is unfortunate, this alone may make me not play on these servers. FTE was the best mechanical change to the game since no corpse runs.

If it is anything like how it was done previously, you can "log in" to get as far as character screen to create but the server itself would not be available.

Those items are time based on how long server has been up. Guise for example was something around 60 days. Which is why people were able to get it on their Iksar when we had month of Classic and why Beastlord's were able to get it on Selo when it started in Luclin.
  11. Grau Elder

Well darn. I was kind of hoping that the new TLP would be some combination of Mischief+Oakwynd rules/bonuses.

I also think I would prefer FTE, as it was generally fine on Oakwynd when I played there. It mainly had some bugs and issues that needed to be ironed out.

I would have liked to see relaxed truebox from the start as well. I'll box on multiple PCs, but it sucks for people who want to box and can't do that.
    RotgutDrinal and Flexin like this.
  12. Crackers Augur

This is very unfortunate, I hope you'll reconsider. I will be the first to admit there was a huge amount of skepticism for this change prior to Oakwynd launching, but it was absolutely one of the best mechanical changes the game has seen in years. It removed a vast amount of toxicity on Oakwynd. This honestly should be standard on all servers going forward. It made the leveling experience so much better for me leveling on Oakwynd.

I'm honestly blown away you're not implementing this. Can some insight be shared as to why this particular mechanic isn't being implemented?
    Darrowin likes this.
  13. Crackers Augur

Honestly Mischief + Oakwynd would be the best combination, but I could settle for Mischief + FTE and still be excited. I'm very hesitant to go back to an environment where mob stealing and DPS racing is a regular concern.
    Darrowin likes this.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

That’s not all either. This year we're introducing a name reservation system that will launch on April 24. Those characters with 200 days or more played time will be the first with the opportunity to reserve their character name on these servers.

Now you all see why players sit afk in the lobby.
  15. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

Teek sounds like the winner here. Although the name is lame.
    And I must admit I am a bit disappointed with the Kunark start, I feel like we are celebrating 25 years by removing the 1st year from our history.
    But those issues are both minor. I think it was a smart move to give everyone a chance to go through on Mischief rules. Clearly that has been the best TLP ... until Teek.

Now to struggle through 6.5 weeks of high anxiety deciding characters and guild.
  16. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

+1 vote for Tormax being reworked to be the same as Teek but with FTE.

It would alleviate both the expected huge population imbalance as well as give people the choice of which they want.

It also gives potential for a merge down the road to consolidate population - although there would have to be a vote on whether the combined server was FTE or not. What better way to gauge the popularity of the feature?
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Y’all should sell early access to the TLPs. Make some more money, so Live can have more than 2 missions.
    GnomeGnomeGnome likes this.
  18. GnomeGnomeGnome Elder

Agree with the suggestion to sell early access. I will happily pay up for that.
  19. LawfulEvil New Member

TrueBox, lol. I will still be 6 boxing day one on Teek. The person at SOE/Daybreak/Darkpaw (whatever you guys want to call yourselves) that has that set in their head needs a reality check.
    RotgutDrinal likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you for the video.