Nobody wants a kunark start

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ownanat, Apr 7, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Yes the start of the dumbing down of EQ...

First it was okay 3 expansions later we will put them on vendors...

Then they put level 60 spells on PoK vendors which on TLP's are available day one of Planes of Power.

My statement about caster's even stated OLD SCHOOL EQ...TSS is in no way OLD SCHOOL EQ.

I was still playing when we got ranked spells and I thought it was a mistake then. but that has NOTHING to do with my post...

You want to try and make something I post as wrong because you have an EQ career of being wrong....lol
  2. CdeezNotes Augur

Meanwhile you only play eras in which there is 1 button click (auto attack) then stare at a screen. LOL

Your statement said last 25 years. You're wrong. Stop with the goalpost shifting.

And settle down there, I've forgotten more about this game than you have ever known. Your EQ knowledge is as shallow as a puddle which is quite evident in your posts.
  3. eqfanforlife Elder

Another classic andy who thinks running around for hours on end in the dark = skill.

In modern EQ if you stand and just auto attack, you die, the game is much more complex with many more abilities.

I think the modern EQ intimidates people like you.
  4. Sethisto Elder

Also here voting my support for kunark. In fact, just start in Luclin and add flags to all the raid zones so people have to progress through them anyway.

Classic is boring at this point, bards need to be able to mez in high end zones, vah shir are the best, luclin gives way more places to level, and aa give something to do.

Selos was the best server.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  5. Aziuno Augur

OP Must be a Darkpaw Developer. Sure knows what the customers want!
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  6. Sakuraba Augur

Still curious what would happen if we started at TSS. Maybe as a bonus "No Tutorial" so we all actually have to start in CR.

It's "modern" EQ1 but everyone would effectively be on a level playing field with no pre-accumulated plat. lol.
  7. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Not at all, just do not care for MODERN EQ.

You do great...TLP's are generally for people who do not care for modern EQ.

Anyone can play on LIVE. and they can start with a fully equipped level 100 character.

I on the other hand was never interested in a character I could simply buy.

but if you like that ERA more power to you.

And this is the TLP part of the forums...

The truly hysterical part of all of this...I am fine that you like modern EQ...you seem irritated that I don't...LMAO
  8. Ivei New Member

I can agree hanging the tunnel with those /WTS in chats gets old pretty gosh darn fast, about as old as at lvl 40 you go to guk, or you go to the Hole. Kunark start will be a cool new experience for 2 weeks. Before it turns into normal woes of kunark and epic 1.0 drama

I've always had/made one friend you liked the tunnel in early eq so that's his job, he can keep 25% EQ is still one of the only games where you can 100% mail xx amount of coins to an anon lvl 1 selling an item and it will get mailed to you.

Now to the queue nightmare. It's totally feasible for them to launch something to offload the stress of queues and keep the Tmax server the way it is. I believe they did it a few times in the past.

Far as items that mess up the economy this is a tail old as time. It does suck when your goal of cool if I earn at least 2 Kronos you can pay for both (or how every many accounts) and basicly play for free. Heck early on mischief when GDKP guilds paid out jumps in costs happened each time it was screamed there is a dupe. Basically have to be prepared for that to vanish.

Anyways, it's going to be interesting at the least!
  9. Aziuno Augur

Closest to this that I know of was ... was it Miragul? the heroic character (85) start, and I think it had 1 guild which transfered from Phinny to it, if that helps you realize the demand for late game.

People want nostalgia drip w/variety. If they enjoy it, they will play it to live or near live, i played phinny until RoS when I realized live EQ... well... It was not my cup of tea at all. The slow transition through the expansions made it seem more seamless of a transition than jumping right into the newer content.

I think, while yeah it has a new leveling path for new characters, lvl 75 is just too much of a culture/playstyle shock for majority to try it.

Edit: Fixed server to Miragul, thanks Tyranthraxus
  10. Tyranthraxus Grognard

That was Miragul. I think, definitely not mangler.
    Aziuno likes this.
  11. Tyranthraxus Grognard

So for the ones keeping score.

TLDR the OP was wrong and most do want Kunark start! We're all as shocked as you are.
  12. Aziuno Augur

Good catch, Thank you
  13. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I'm super excited for a Kunark start! I'm planning to roll an Iksar SK from day one and I'm looking forward to making some Iksar pals along the way. Being able to work on Greenmist as I level instead of rushing through the quest when Kunark opens sounds so much nicer.

Not having everyone fight over VP key ground spawns for a zone most people don't even want to raid in. Maybe this time around it will be slightly more relevant than everyone being stacked coming from Classic. Let's also not forget about the abomination that is Sky at level 50. Doing that at 60 might actually be fun rather than completely awful.
  14. Elabone Augur

Fun fact, starting the server in Kunark isnt speeding it up at all. Itll still be 3 months until Velious, which is exactly how it was on Mischief (1mo classic 2mos kunark).

The biggest bonus to a kunark start, is actually having things to do at max level. You have key quests, epic quests, LONG quest chains for various classes, and it spreads the population out a ton, so theres not 1000 players in Lguk.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. eqfanforlife Elder

A fully equipped 100 character is useless in the hands of a new player.

You wouldn't understand how any of the new abilities work and wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace of the game. The 100 armor they give you by the way isn't anywhere near as good as comparable raid gear.

Yes I am irritated that classic andys like you crap on the modern game that you don't understand, players like me like the entire game, from start to finish.
    GnomeGnomeGnome likes this.
  16. Vlahkmaak Augur

There has to be a semblance of balance - if they are not making money then they won't be making games. more money equates to more resources. Devs need to pay their bills too. No one is working for free.
  17. MMOer Augur

Hi Nobody.
    Check my post history...Think I have been asking for a kunark start for about 5-7 years.
    Search and Rescue and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  18. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Great good to know you are so triggered...seek help....LMAO
  19. eqfanforlife Elder

Says the person who is triggered that people got a level 100 character and gear in a part of the game that you don't understand.

By the way going from level 120-125 takes a lot longer than 1-60 in era.
  20. natedogg Journeyman

Amen, Bobby, amen