Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

Can he though? He's a warrior. Or are we talking about them bottom feeding off gray mobs in this theoretical scenario? Cause that is about all that a solo warrior can handle. How often is a warrior trying to out tag/DPS a mage anyway? Seems like any warrior on either type of server is still going to need friends to do what a mage can. FTE or no FTE. And if he did bring those friends so he can actually kill the mob he tags then he could probably have out DPSed the mage anyway.
  2. Lejaun Augur

It's certainly not a loss. I know I've lost a couple CoS from being out DPS'd, so at least for me it's a win.
  3. Kahna Augur

Just come to Mischief were you can camp them in multiple zones.
  4. Lejaun Augur

Played Mischief until PoP. Got tired of it.
  5. CdeezNotes Augur

They've been putting their feet up on live too. 2 missions? It's an insult to have such meager amounts of content for a community who has an entire year between releases.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Yes we have...lol

Both Servers were listed in the Producers letter. including the rules to the servers.
  7. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I think this is a good time to really test what is wanted...

Make Tormax just like Teek only make it FTE...

Both servers are on their own as they can not be merged down the road, but that would be the same with current decisions.

Lets find out which server does better let DBG get a good accurate read on which server makes them more money.

I wish they would back track and do this...

I do not think they will
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I was a huge fan of Oakwynd...

The Legacy XP Bonus was not a thing to draw me in as I two box and other than I will have two clerics one on each account I do not level alts...lol

While it is a good idea...it did have one draw back...

people were rushing every character to 60 and starting a new character I knew 3 people who had 8 level 60 characters when Luclin launch...This is good that there were lots of low level groups well into Velious and that is worth the drawback...The drawback was people rushing to 60 the continuity of a standard group really took a hit.

When the Legacy XP did not work on AA during a huge XP event 2 of these guys quit that weekend and the third quit a week later as his bazaar trader got wiped (bought out at new server prices) and then all that inventory was gone and a spiderling silk was 100p and a spider silk was 500p. All there krono for sale were bought for 65k and the next morning they were 2 million plat per krono.

Oakwynd got gut punched HARD twice inside a week. and a LOT of people left.

That said it still gets to HIGH POPULATION regularly I do no think that will be true once Teek and Tormax launch.

But for the FTE haters is was FAR from DoA. It had close to double the players that Fippy had although Fippy did get an overflow which pulled from it at launch and Oakwynd did not.
  9. Pimpmobile Journeyman

No, just no. That would be the end of Oakwynd as a whole and would completely screw the people that have invested heavily and continue to invest in the server. Unless they gave us all refunds and let us transfer characters to Tormax, it's unacceptable to even consider that. Oakwynd's unique in its own right.
  10. zurgar Journeyman

That is dumb. Classic eq didn't have truebox.....

Search and Rescue and Liberated like this.
  11. zurgar Journeyman

Increase epic item drops

Increase epic mob spawns

Starting in kunark and not addressing this is going to burn a lot of people out.
    Search and Rescue likes this.
  12. Vicus Augur

Some achievements were only doable during the era the expansions launched for. Once the next expansion released, they were locked out. But not they weren't achievable. When the top 3 largest/strongest guilds attacks an open world mob but lose because the regen rate is faster then the total combined dps because Darkpaw failed to do the math before releasing the server....it's not working as intended. But it would of taken some minor fixes to perfect that server to be a real challenge but doable.

There was also an achievement mob that required "curse cures" but the spell wasn't obtainable until the next expansion and level increase....you know, those minor looked over things doomed the server.
  13. Liberated New Member

It's dumb to make both servers Truebox - several people want to box on 1 pc. No reason to make people buy and maintain multiple PC's to play EQ.

Should be as simple as make both of the servers the same (Teek/Mischief Ruleset) but have 1 with Truebox to appease those type of folks and 1 without Truebox (the way the game is intended to be played 2024......).

See, there you have it. Simple solution. Both sides happy. Merge the 2 once Truebox falls off the other server in 2 years or whatever it will be.

Personally, I just came back to check the ruleset. Since it is Truebox on both, I will not waste my time or money. If they changed it, I'd sub at least 6 accounts. Some of us don't have time to sit LFG, we have lives and play around what little time we have. Sitting LFG for an hour just to run halfway across Norrath for a group that either splits up or has terrible players is not fun and is a waste of time.
  14. Intercept Augur

25 years worth of actual evidence says otherwise.

Releasing a near Mischief ruleset server for those who wish to play almost EQ is a nice add this year along with releasing the traditional server that got this game to where it is.
  15. Xilbus Journeyman

I'm not doing truebox again
    Give us a relaxed truebox from the start or I'm not bothering.
  16. Celatusp99 Augur

I'm going to truebox either way its just easier for me but I do think its kinda silly not to have a 3 cap on a machine.
    zurgar and Xilbus like this.
  17. Sebbun Augur

Amen to that. I can understand why some people prefer it but not me. Having to have 3 laptops to box a 25 year old game that my desktop could run 40+ instances of is not fun.
  18. Xhieron Elder

I'm torn on the truebox thing too. On one hand, it's trivially easy to KVM my tablet onto my main setup, so it seems silly to have to take up the extra desk space. But on the other, apparently that small amount of extra work is just enough to put some folks off boxing. And the botters and other cheaters don't care either way (and by their own admission prefer truebox just to increase their theoretical advantage). It's hard not to feel like allowing two or three instances per PC wouldn't be unreasonable.

FTE--I mean, it's whatever, at least on Teek. The idea is to keep people from KSing high-value targets, and if the loot is randomized, no target is higher value than any other target in the same loot class. Epic camps will still have bottlenecks, same as they ever did, and people will continue to be toxic, to no one's surprise. All the same, I would have liked to have seen some of the other Oakwynd stuff (expansion bonuses and lockout changes), because it was genuinely innovative.

With respect to FTE and Truebox both, however, I genuinely don't understand the viciousness with which some folks oppose them. It really makes it hard not to assume y'all have ulterior motives. It's trivial to run another box, and at least on Teek, the presence or absence of FTE doesn't really seem like it should matter all that much.
  19. Kahna Augur

It is about how unrestricted boxing changes the community of a server and turns it into something less than. That minor annoyance of having to have another computer makes boxing less desirable than playing with another person for a good chunk of the population. The folks who 6+ box hardcore aren't actually the issue. It's the average Joe. When all of them figure out that boxing their own little crew is faster and easier than grouping with other people the game breaks down into something I, and many others, don't want to play.

Unrestricted boxing evolves into mandatory boxing far too quickly. People don't want to have to box. My ulterior motive is that I want to enjoy playing with other people in the game, and no raids don't count. I am not socializing with my friends on raids we are all following instructions and listening to that one loudmouth in discord who never shuts up babble on until the raid leader has to tell him to shut up so he can give instructions.

As a single person on a boxing server there are many times when I will have to ask for help from someone. Friends will often reach out to provide me with that help. On a Truebox server there will also be many times when my friends need help and I get to repay their kindness. On a boxing server, my friends and their box group need nothing from me. That puts me in the position of always being the one to ask for help, and never being able to repay that help. I start to feel like a burden, rather than a teammate. The recourse is to box my own group so that I don't have to ask for help, but then I never really end up doing anything with my friends, because we are all off boxing our own groups.

FTE is whatever, but I wouldn't bother to play on a server that relaxed boxing from day 1. OOW and TBS are good spots to relax and remove.
  20. Sheila Elder

Then don’t play on a server without truebox. Simple. Boxing has been a part of the eq game for years almost as long as the game has been around and you still play. I don’t want to have to clutter my desk with laptops so I won’t play truebox.

You have your server and keep posting your thoughts and feelings. No one is asking you to play on non-truebox. No one is asking them to remove truebox on teek. You’d have a better experience if there was a place for boxers to go. You don’t want the average joe to box? Support non-truebox on tormax.
    dwiguslowater likes this.