Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Captain Video Augur

The pattern has been to laucn a Phinny/Mangler/Yelinak clone once every two years, and this is the pattern. We get that and Mischief 2.0. Why are people so mad there are choices?
  2. Captain Video Augur

No, because there's no staff to do it. Have you seen how many open positions DPG has listed now??
  3. Gutznmutz New Member

Having played Oakwynd and a few prior tlps I agree 100 percent.
    Narvakhan likes this.
  4. Tribbious Lorekeeper

You're not listening to your audience.

FTE
    relaxed truebox
    bst/ber available
    Hotzones
    Free Trade
    Random Loot

These are just some of them, and you just clone previous TLP's... 25-years...be original!
  5. Trow Journeyman

6. Atomos Augur

Because Kunark IS Classic. No server should ever start in vanilla again. People are still going to level in Unrest and Guk, and people are still going to do all of the vanilla raids, even Sky. It's neat seeing a million people in the starting areas like once, but the overpopulation gets old quick. Yes, picks help, and thank God for them, but you can still find yourself spending a lot of time picking trying to find mobs to kill/a camp.

Anyway, someone already mentioned it but we've been asking for this for a long time, so it'll be nice to see how it feels at least once.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I never saw any toxicity on Mischief, random loot really helps spread the players to more camps. With Kunark at start as well I'm sure it will spread them further.

If they decide to put FTE on any server it should be Tormax.
    code-zero, Barton-Vox and Polekn like this.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Will not play on a server with Defiant Armor and will not play on a server without FTE...

While I like EQ I do not like it that much....did not play from late 2012 to 2023...It is better than the other insta grat MMO's but not going to stick around on Oakwynd for a year and hope....Oakwynd will not have a population long after Teek goes live.
  9. Ainamaf New Member

They missed nothing. Mischief is peak. anything crazier than that feels like cheating.
    Crymea likes this.
  10. Laberintica77 Journeyman

who/what is Teek named after ? Franklin Teek the human NPC/Hotzone guy ??
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Teek and Tormax should both have the Teek rule set and give Tormax FTE...

otherwise they will have a queue disaster on Teek and Tormax will struggle to get off the ground and will only attract players early on due to the queue for login on Teek...lol
    Witless and Zansobar like this.
  12. Laberintica77 Journeyman

Its a clone by 90%. Its relaxed True-box like the Yelinak Server:

True Box:
    • This server starts with standard True Box. Only one EverQuest client may be run per computer.
    • When Omens of War unlocks, we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
    • When The Buried Sea unlocks, True Box will be removed.
  13. Critt Augur

I'll be rolling here.... thank Inny they didn't saddle us with FTE or anything else lame!!
  14. Ainamaf New Member

kunark start sucks. little incentive to go to classic. 99% of what drops there will be worthless for what drops in kunark within the first two weeks. Im hoping people still exp there. I dont care about drops as much as just wanting to hunt in the old places, which is far less fun if theyre empty. hopefully im wrong, but this kills one of the funnest parts of every tlp :(

youd think for an anniversary theyd want to start it where it all started.
  15. Arclyte Augur

is it too late to swap the names? teek is so lame, but tormax is metal AF
  16. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Laugh all you want, but a server without the toxic people sounds great - enjoy Teek dorks
    Laberintica77 likes this.
  17. Tuco Augur

Kunark start is at least something kinda new. I still would have preferred:
    • Kunark start
    • Level 20 cap
    • Level cap raised 5 levels every week until level 60
    • Double spawn rate in Classic / Kunark
  18. Laberintica77 Journeyman

Why is it never enough for you guys ? Aren't we lucky there's another TLP this year.. this is not going to last forever.. enjoy Everquest while you can. Not everyone has the time, money, energy and past exposed experience to know what EQ is .
  19. Arclyte Augur

8 weeks to get max level? your opinion sucks, sorry
    Cfuson likes this.
  20. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Yes - which is surprising to me that they didn't also include faster exp rates or hotzones enabled or something.
    Laberintica77 likes this.