Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ddezul, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Kahna Augur

I am not a sir.

Everyone else understood what they meant when they said it was a relaxed truebox server. Sorry you didn't.
  2. Ddezul Augur

Halfling ranger :(
  3. fransisco Augur

relaxed truebox means its still truebox, it just "relaxes" around oow
  4. MileyVyrus Augur

The Karens of the land defeated the Aradune CS team by the end of the first week. We'll never see anything resembling a 2-box server again.

Tormax being pure vanilla is super weird when the one thing we learned from Mischief is we are gonna need a bigger boat (a thornblade mirror for launch) a lot more than a pure vanilla alternative.
    Dominate, 25thAnniBaby and Krand like this.
  5. 25thAnniBaby Lorekeeper

Good luck whomever plays on that server as it will be a ghost town competing against a free trade random loot server.
    Gibbin Proudfoot likes this.
  6. Trow Journeyman

My guess is that they'll add a few twists into the mix with both of these servers. They have set a precedent from prior TLP's to changing things up based on feedback, maybe they will again. That being said, I don't see anything to not like. Mischief was a massive hit. Who cares about Aradune because you won't be playing there. The only minor thing that would be nice is a little faster exp, but maybe those details are yet to come....
    Demetri likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

8. fransisco Augur

Those are like chupacabras. They only exist in stories
    Ddezul likes this.
  9. Narvakhan New Member

My brain can't get past it... I can't stop laughing about the logic of it :)
  10. Kahna Augur

A fair number of folks dislike free trade and hate random. I dunno why, but they do.
    Ddezul likes this.
  11. Cfuson Journeyman

Fair number? gl telling all 100 of them that there server is dead within a few months.
  12. Appren Gnomercy

I stand corrected. No FTE. Probably never again then?
  13. uk6999 Augur

Im glad there is no FTE personally. Makes it easier to "shutdown" all those automated groups running rampant.
  14. Gutznmutz New Member

No FTE is a huge bummer to me. Rather enjoyed being able to camp something and not get KSed.
    Krand likes this.
  15. Trow Journeyman

Kunark start is a great way to mix things up, while still keeping all of classic relevant. We've all leveled up in classic 100 times so why not try something different. In kunark you still raid all the classic bosses, so we really won't miss out on too much. I'm sure zones like Unrest, Sol A, etc will still be packed. Maybe I'll be able to find a Dalnir group now!

Also, great call on no FTE. While I haven't played on Oakwynd, I'd imagine FTE takes some fun out of the game. Trains, KS'ing, etc are all part of EQ. Don't make EQ something that isn't EQ.

My biggest ask from the dev team is to do some level of policing automation. I know it'll never happen on a large scale, but it'd sure be nice.
    Demetri and KobalWR like this.
  16. Kahna Augur

I mean, plenty of folks played on Yelinak, when Mischief was still young and welcoming. Some people's boats float when they have to do things the hard way. It won't hold a candle to Teek, but past servers have taught us that even a low pop server will make it to PoP with guilds still killing things, what more do you really need? These peeps will probably all re-roll on the next server anyway and so long as they are having fun what does it matter.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Tormax is another Mangler clone, the only difference is that it starts in Kunark.
  18. Ragnoruk Augur

Oakwynd will not survive these new servers. Sure some will continue to play there but the population is already low and many I have spoken to are planning to leave. Not having FTE on these new servers is a mistake in my opinion. Oakwynd had the least toxicity of any TLP because of it.
    Krand likes this.
  19. uk6999 Augur

With random loot it is somewhat easier to compete against farmers. I will grant that FTE did help solve that issue to some degree.
    Krand likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

you keep posting that on multiple threads. However your gonna keep playing anyways