Producer’s Letter April 2024

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    All that glitters is not Gold.

It is once again time to review what has happened, what is happening now and what is coming along down the line. But, before I get to what will be coming along, let’s review all that has occurred already during this extremely momentous year...

PAX East ran from March 21 through 24, and as many of you know, we had a panel there as well as an after-hours meetup. If you missed us at the panel, you can find a recording of it below! It was wonderful seeing so many of you at both the PAX panel and at Harpoon Brewery. I am so excited about Fippy Fest, which is fast approaching. However, in case you missed it, there is a post that gives more details about what you get with an in-person Fippy Fest ticket purchase. There is a plethora of real-life loot, as well as all the digital loot from the VIP digital pack. So much great stuff! If you don't want to miss any of the good times, please be advised that the tickets nearly are half gone. They will only be sold until 11:30 p.m. PDT on April 21, 2024, or until they are sold out (whichever comes first) so be sure to grab yours before they are all gone. Don't let these parties happen without you being in on all the fun! Don’t worry if you can't make it in-person though; there will be a livestream of the event that everyone can watch. Tons of fun will be had by all, both in-person and digitally. If you choose to make a digital pack purchase, you will also be able to post your questions in a special forum where it can then be read aloud on stream and answered by the game team.

PAX East 2024 Panel

Plus: there is still time to grab the 25th Anniversary giveaway items if you haven’t got yours already! Everyone who logs in until April 20 at 11:00 p.m. PDT will get a Royal Silver Crown. All-Access members will not only get the crown, but they will also get a Darkpaw Torch Ornament as well as a Goblet of Adventure II and a Level 100 Heroic Character!

[IMG]
    25th Anniversary Keyart

I am so thrilled that you all are enjoying the Swag Store. We are busy gathering all the ideas you’ve been passing on to the Community Team to see what we can use in Season 2! You all have had some great ideas so far; keep them coming and be sure to reach out to our Community Manager Angeliana if there are things you would like to see if you have not done so yet.

With all the events going on, it's easy to miss, but we're also hiring! If you fancy yourself a tinkerer (engineer) or a storyteller (designer), look at our openings. If you have ever wanted to help create the EverQuest experience that you love so much, there has never been a better opportunity to become a member of the EverQuest game team than right now.

Now, for a few things that have happened that were not on the roadmap. Each month during the Year of Darkpaw, during our scheduled monthly update day, we run a Lore & Trivia Contest in the forums. The winner of the day’s contest will get a prize from a small pool of available items. It’s just a little something to pass the time while you wait for the game to unlock. The Community Team is also running a Jigsaw Puzzle event across our social media channels. Each day, a piece is unveiled, and another task is posted. The person who wins the daily task not only gets to choose the next piece to be removed but they also get a point for the day. The three people with the most points per platform will win a nice pack of items, that’s nine total winners! This will continue until June 13th with the winners being revealed at Fippy Fest.
    [IMG]

What a puzzling event!

Finally, Rathe Day is coming on April 22nd! Participate in this event and learn a thing or two about conservation while you’re having fun.

Here’s a quick look back at the roadmap from January through March.

January:
    February:
    March:
    The following is what is coming up between this month and June.
    April:
    • The Year of Darkpaw
      • Monthly collection, giveaway, limited edition items
      • Anniversary Tower
      • April quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items added
      • Adding March giveaway item for purchase
    • Tempest Festival event returns
    May:
    • The Year of Darkpaw
      • Anniversary Tower
      • May quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items added
      • Adding April giveaway item for purchase
    • New Progression Servers Launch
    June:
    • The Year of Darkpaw
      • Anniversary Tower
      • June quest, Heroic Adventure, and merchant items added
      • Adding May giveaway item for purchase
    • Pride Month Familiars
    • Hardcore Heritage event returns
    • Scorched Sky event returns
    Now that all the formalities are out of the way let's talk about the big announcement for this quarter. It's time to reveal the Time Locked Progression servers' rulesets for 2024! I hope you all are as excited as we are for these rulesets.

With Mischief and Aradune being the two most popular server rulesets from their opening day to today, this was an easy enough choice to make for such a celebratory year. So, without further ado, our new TLP servers are Tormax, a Traditional Time-Locked Progression server and Teek, a Random Loot Free-Trade Time-Locked Progression Server. Both will have Relaxed True-Box, starting with the traditional True-Box rules and relaxing the True-Box rules further over time. Both servers will start with the Ruins of Kunark unlocked with expansion unlocks then happening at a standard cadence. Both will launch on Wednesday, May 22, 2024!

That’s not all either. This year we're introducing a name reservation system that will launch on April 24. Those characters with 200 days or more played time will be the first with the opportunity to reserve their character name on these servers. As we get closer to launch, the played time restriction will lower for the next round and so forth. So be sure to get in those hours if you want to be in the first round to reserve your name on the new servers!

Lastly but not least, I want to thank all of you for being with us during this banner year and helping us celebrate twenty-five glorious years of this amazing game. I am thankful that each of you is here to mark this outstanding year-long celebration! And now, of course...

It’s time to answer the Call,
    Jenn Chan
    Head of Studio

[IMG]
    What could this mean?

Be sure to follow us on social media: X, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Maedhros, Nennius, Hobs and 1 other person like this.
  2. Verrix New Member

Will these TLPs have FTE? Thank you!
    Kaenneth likes this.
  3. Colt4954 Journeyman

Answer the call? please say its a tease for COTF 2!
    Lodestar and Hobs like this.
  4. BraelAradune New Member

Is it double loot like Mischief since you mention Mischief style or is it simply the random part of Mischief?

How does the name reservation work? Is it based on highest /played server or combination or all of the same name on account or even a different method?

Does the Aradune clone come with the 2-box limit and GM support?

Will FTE be on these servers as a standard feature going forward?
  5. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

Tormax is the out of touch with reality server. Aradune was popular only because of lack of options during the covid lockdowns. Only way to get Tormax populated is if you release a new virus that causes a pandemic.
    Skuz, Fenthen and Masjaun like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

They bailed on dedicated GM support before it even started. never gave us the introductions promised or mentioned it ever again. 2box was also not enforced. Some with rose-colored glasses will insist it was but it wasn't. FTE wasn't mentioned so it's safe to assume it's out.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Skuz like this.
  7. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

There will not be Encounter Locking on either server.
  8. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

Kind of disappointed really. Was hoping for something special for a 25 year anniversary. Makes me regret the 12 month sub.
    Flexin and Skuz like this.
  9. Gnomie Denser than most

Aw, TLE actually took a lot of the toxicity out of new TLPs. Is it safe to assume the previously stated plan of TLE being an ongoing feature is off the table indefinitely?
    Kaenneth, Rijacki and fransisco like this.
  10. Xinetoan Star Seeker

If the reservation system is just character creation by another name, this should REALLY help server performance at launch.

By far, the biggest cause of the servers straining is the zillions of database calls needed to create a character.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  11. theonepercent Augur

Is the name reservation going to require us to pay for all access to not play the game for a month while waiting for the servers to launch?
    Skuz likes this.
  12. kain200 Augur

I'd like to thank the team for giving me the opportunity to experience the mischief magic! I completely missed the boat first time around. Also love the kunark start for iksar necro/monk and more leveling paths!

Only request I'd add is for a possible higher exp rate than normal. It seemed like Selo's was one of the most popular rulesets you guys had whereas Aradune was popular due to covid and everyone being locked inside i'd wager.

The name "teek" really had us all guessing at a possible "hot zone" connection. Possibly rotating new hotzones from the start? Or just a plain old faster exp rate mayhaps? Just something to think about. The oakwynd exp rate was abysmal. It was so bad that I couldn't even bring myself to buy potions. Percentage based exp potions don't mean much when the base rate is so low. A 50% bonus on a tiny number is still a tiny number. A better base rate would have me opening my wallet for a worthwhile boost.

Very excited for the new journey on Teek though!
  13. Narvakhan New Member

I have to say, you did good for 50%. You just guaranteed Tormax is DOA. You are putting up a mischief clone against an Aradune clone. No thought that Aradune was a nod to Brad, when there was hype about Pantheon and surrounding his death, DURING a pandemic. Come on guys, that is a silly miss fire. Mischief makes all the sense in the world. But .... lol.... Aradune. I appreciate you all still being you. See you on Teek folks
  14. Raytheon Augur

You guys really dropped the ball on making something special for the 25th anniversary. It's sort of a no-brainer from a business perspective to simply re-do popular rulesets any time you do a new TLP. For 25th you could have gone for a touchdown and you punted. And Aradune clone? Going up against Mischief clone it is D.O.A. No FTE is a stupid decision too.
    OldTimeEQ1, Ilshade, Demetri and 3 others like this.
  15. Kenuven Lorekeeper

Not utilizing a feature that benefits DBG and players simultaneously? Sad
    Kaenneth, Ilshade, Demetri and 3 others like this.
  16. coltongrundy Augur

Give Teek GoD or DoD or TSS experience rate at launch and it's an easy decision to play there. I don't know if I want to level up to 60 on a new launch with normal exp rate again.
    theonepercent likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How will name reservation system work?

Does it matter which server?
    Does multi chars of the same name on multi servers count?
  18. itiswhatitis Elder

Tormax is already a dead server. Change the rules to mirror teek but take off truebox on one. Bam. Everyone will be happy.
  19. Guzum New Member

Safe to assume with Kunark start we won’t see any of the legacy items from classic dropping?
  20. Cfuson Journeyman

They already answered this on discord, the dev said that the way random loot is coded means that it will work the same way it did on mischief.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.