In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Does that not mess with your ui window placement?
  2. krivin New Member

This bug is still happening in the guild lobby for me, I run an intel cpu with nvidia 4060rtx. Zoning in and out of lobby seems to clear it up.
    EtoileNEO likes this.
  3. EtoileNEO New Member

Just had this happen in PoK for the first time a couple days ago .
  4. kookoo Augur

same for me , it happen here and there too , since last patch a guess ( several days ),

was ok since the patch they did to resolve that bug, but it's back.
  5. goladith New Member

So, I'm still getting *REALLY* bad artifacting like that, only on live servers, but I mostly have been playing on Aradune, but looking at playing more back on live again, and it is a huge issue in Guild Lobby and PoK.

This screenshot is not as bad as I've gotten, but it's what I was able to remember to get a screenshot of.[IMG]
  6. Silvena *poke*

It's a good thing there's a map of the lobby? Live server. It's usually a small thing. Weapons not fully loading, maybe a glitch in someone's shield or robe. This was extra special. Throne of Heroes, Gate, or just zoning in from PoK or Guildhall: doesn't matter.

[IMG]
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

At what point do we roll back the DX11 change? Or is this just how we're living now?
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

They are too far along to "roll back" the DX11 change. Its not going to happen.

If you want to help, try to identify the conditions under which the bugs happen. If you can replicate it, they can fix it.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Everytime I see this stuff happening, I'm reminded of that scene from Interstellar where Cooper is in the tesseract, behind the bookcase. :D
    Silvena likes this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

Pretty much every time someone walks into PoK or Guild Lobby. It's not getting fixed.
  11. Windance Augur

I have not seen it since I changed my textures to highest quality/most memory.
    Cairbrae likes this.
  12. Cairbrae Developer

This has been an elusive set of bugs that've been hard to reproduce. We believe it's fixed internally and it'll be in the next Test update. Thanks for all the feedback.
    Fenthen, Silvena and Fanra like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Odd. For most people Ive polled its a very rare occurrence, and no where near "pretty much every time" like what you are seeing. What kind of hardware are you using? Maybe the eq code has a conflict with your computer basis. There may be good diagnosis information here. cpu, gpu, ram and graphics mem, OS version.
  14. Lodestar The Undefeated

Very hopeful that the fix doesn't impact the hitching improvements that were implemented in the most recent patch (e.g., reverting back from deferred texture loading or what-have-you). In other words: Hopefully we keep the current hitching improvements related to how textures are being loaded in this patch, while also independently addressing this.
  15. Scila Augur

I've posted my nvidia info for both comps. One never got it until the last patch so whatever happened then, messed that one up now as well and created a more frequent occurrence with the other one. Both have newer, updated nvidia cards and are on the approved list for their specs and both comps are win11 dx12 as I have stated in previous posts repeatedly.

Personally, if a comp meets their approved specs, it shouldn't have this kind of a problem consistently. What I do note, I see it from my own toons but only in PoK, Lobby, and GH. I never see it when I'm outside of those zones. Side note - my GH isn't loaded with afk players I pop in and pop out but it is a medium GH not the largest one.

If the specs need to be revisited, that's a different can of worms. My patience is running thin right now.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Foggy716 New Member

Also experiencing these issues in both the Guild lobby and Pok, with GL being worse usually. I run a stable 7800x3d with 64 GB ram, 6800XT on win 11.
  17. cleriche New Member

It's been weeks and this is still a bug! I have done the recommended eqclient, Memory.ini, and windows driver changes, but nothing helps. Today my mage was using a Fluttering Staff of the Damned in POK and 2 of my other toons saw the weapon effect as a Kaleidescope. I would remove the weapon and replace it and the bug came and go as I equipped the staff. I can confirm the Alt-Enter and the going full screen and back to windowed mode fixes that problem for many hours/days. While not a game killer, it's just a sign of the game is just no longer ok. The computers that are affected have a 6600 and a 6650 GPU's. The Computes that have 2070's and 1050's are not affected (that I know of). My internet connectivity is horrible, but in the GL facing the wall all my systems get 70+ FPS and when looking at the pile they all get from 20 to 40 FPS and I can still move and cast spells OK. The Kaleidescope effect does not appear related to FPS or Lag
  18. Warpeace Augur

Noticed 2 instances of this in PoK today, FV server.
  19. Lodestar The Undefeated

FYI there is no reason to expend time trying to fix this. This is a result of backend DX11 code changes pushed on Daybreak's side. There is no known fix on the end-user side. Enjoy the game the best you can, until Daybreak resolves on their end.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

If this goes on much longer some dev. will probably beg for more spending to make it a feature. An illusion perhaps?