Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by iceyx, Mar 12, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

agreeing to Terms of Service is an implied consent not explicit...

when a sport site wants to verify your location they have to EXPLICITLY ASK to do so.

If a company wants to scan your pc it has to EXPLICITLY ASK your permission.

which means at login you would get prompt to allow or disallow. if you disallow they do not allow you to connect....but they have to ASK each and every time.

My PC has very strong software on it due to the nature of my work, if anything scans my memory looking for processes, I get an alert it does not stop everything it its tracks it puts up a pop up and logs the process that initiated the scan.

My log is not empty but there is no entry about EQ scanning my pc. And I do not believe EQ is doing so and just getting around it.

PS IF Daybreak is scanning our PC's for third party software why are people still using third party software? Would that not end the use of those programs? I never have even tried a third party software...so I really do not understand how they work. But I know there are all kinds of laws about anyone scanning your PC and they all use the terminology of EXPLICIT CONSENT. The exception is when it is not your PC IE you have a company PC at home they can scan it....but not your personal PC.

Sorry do not believe Daybreak is doing this....Activision does but it prompts you every time you login to one of their games that they are going to run an anti-cheat scan.
  2. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Could not find "Terms of Service"

Did find end user license agreement...AKA EULA it does not mention them SCANNING your PC it only refers to your lack of privacy on anything you transmit to their servers. No where could I find even a implied consent to allow Daybreak to scan my PC.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Then you should try to sue them. You can use all the mental gymnastics you want. They are 100%, unequivocally scanning your processes either on load up or while in game or both.
  4. Arclyte Augur

Welcome to gaming in 2024, where even the most basic games require kernel-level permissions for anticheat because pathetic losers ruin everything.

It's not going to get any better so might as well get used to it
  5. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

A single box server will never happen because it would require CSR to enforce it, and Daybreak will never invest money into CSR.

Which is why I think the truebox restrictions don't make much sense. We already have servers that enforce single box rules. That leaves mostly boxers who are interested in TLPs, but a portion of them aren't going to bother with setting up multiple physical PCs.
  6. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

No they are not and it is not even mentioned in End User License Agreement. The only evidence that they are is a couple idiots on the forums claiming it is happening...all evidence to the contrary.

Quite frankly if they were how is it so many players still use the software you claim they are scanning for?
  7. FranktheBank Augur

Now you are starting to understand.

I'm not here to change your mind. I know you are going to entrench yourself in what you believe and that's fine. For those reading who have not closed their mind off, I am absolutely right, they are scanning your process and have been for a long, long time.
  8. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

single box rules just means one PC per account...and people are getting around that enforcement.

I box on true box servers but I follow the intent and use two machines. and a third account is in offline mode in bazaar all year on one server or another...lol

So Daybreak get 3 subscriptions from me...

The problem with true box is it does not stop the crews but means for better than the first year casual boxers only use one account and there is probably very few casual boxers that play on a server past OoW. They generally reroll on the new TLP each year.

I do...

Would love a TLP that stops at OoW and has relax box on it.
  9. Exmortis_MT Augur

I have repeatedly, but instead of trying to police it, encrypt the data flows from server to client. This will make it much much more difficult to run third party cheat programs.

I agree it is impossible to police. However the impact of encrypting the data flows may be worse than the problem considering they cannot seem to fix the general lag many suffer now.
  10. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Then surely you can show us the service agreement that mentions it that the player base has agreed to....and if you can not you are claiming something is happening when it is not.

You keep saying it is going on....but have only offered an opinion with no evidence.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The issue isn't just the traffic between the servers and the client but what happens on the client machine itself.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

You can keep saying it isnt. I don't really care what the EULA says, because it's happening.
  13. jeskola pheerie

14. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I guess they are scanning your processes and nobody elses....it would get logged on my PC if an EXE or DLL scans my memory or hard-drive. Nothing from Everquest ever gets logged.

Call of Duty does. EQ does not.
  15. jordune Augur

It's like all the HOA presidents are posting about mister Johnsons lawn.. how dare you you box.. we don't like it and we mater and you mister Johnson do not
  16. Arclyte Augur

Yea, it's weird how customers are able to have a voice about a product

definitely a bad concept :rolleyes:
  17. Elabone Augur

Maybe I dont quite understand, but if they arent scanning your processes, how are they detecting 3rd party programs at all?

I dont know anything about the software that your company is using to protect you, but EQ in 1 way or another is definitely scanning something.
  18. Exmortis_MT Augur

Usually reporting from players, watch a person and in about 1 minute you can tell the difference between say me, and a person using one when boxing. There is no contest in efficiency.

Is DP scanning? it is entirely possible, but I have seen zero evidence of it, nor has anyone who claims it shown any beyond "I know", which is not evidence, it is conjecture backed up with nothing. I would love to prove it, I have access to the tools that can, but I would lose my job if I ever installed them on my personal machines, or install EQ within our secure zone.

So I sit back and ponder the value vs risk to DP, and I believe though possible it would not be worth it. Especially ignoring the privacy law for a moment, the lose of revenue from all the accounts/Krono. More likely is they act on a few reports, just enough to satisfy the client base they are doing something about it, but not enough to have any meaningful effect on their profit margin. This ensure some scream from the hills nefarious activity, which is perfect.

Power perceived is power achieved.
  19. Febb Augur

Yes, they are scanning processes on your computer. I've seen it when it was in development when they were still logging it to the dbg.txt file.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

Proof has been posted, both here and on discord and they got removed. I'm sorry that so many people act like ostriches here.