Duplicate ahh huh.. SUURE

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

This showed up today for me in GL. FV server.

[IMG]
  2. Allayna Augur

Might as well turn this into the prettiest picture thread.

[IMG]
    Yinla and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  3. Scila Augur

I will say this ... whatever the last patch did or didn't do. Something did something to something else.

Explanation ....

I play on 2 comps ... both had gamma issues ... only 1 had the pretty graphics problem. After the patch, 1 has 0 gamma problems and the other has much improved gamma but still has the pretty graphics occasionally.

NVIDIA RTX 2060 never had the pretty graphics and now has 0 gamma problems.
    NVIDIA RTX3050 still has the pretty graphics but now has improved gamma to where I can play without messing with my desktop. Disclaimer - I haven't played much or in darker zones where it was very noticeable. But there is definitely a difference.
  4. Windance Augur

When you are posting the clips showing the graphics bugs, take a moment to also post your computer specs: OS, CPU, GPU -- AND -- the in game texture quality, mipmap settings.

Might help track down under which conditions the bugs are popping up.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Feels like I just walked into EQ MOMA. Each piece conjures so much feeling. I think i stared at Allayna's pink mushroom for over a minute.
    Allayna likes this.
  6. mrjimorg New Member

I had these issues before and it turned out to be an issue with my video card memory. You should try downloading a memory test program from the manufacturer and see if it passes.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

just now.. Guild Lobby ramp POK
    [IMG]
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

NAH.. it's EQ .
    (By your suggestion: IF their patches cause our hardware to malfunction and fail) ...Cause if it is something with MY video card, and everyone elses... then EQ gona get a hell of a lawsuit.
    Ironic you say that when memory.ini has been played around with dev's.. don'tcha think.
    Duder, Scila and Peter_The_great like this.
  9. Peter_The_great Elder

Its Everquest DX11 migration, code is broken to the core.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Hopefully @Cairbrae is close to a fix for this bug.
  11. Scila Augur

And now both comps have it and gamma is back to borked on both comps. Whatever is going on this is getting really old, really fast ...........................
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yesterday, the portals in Guild Hall were a bunch of sticks floating in the air. It is not just ornaments.
  13. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Every time this happened to me certain conditions are needed to be met. In POK when it happened, I used the Drunkards Stien, I zoned into a big mess of players. In POK this happened multiple times.

When this happened to me in the GL. I used the Throne of Heroes. Once again, I zoned into a big clump of players. When I use gate, it never has happened. My bind spot is usually in the GL.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Is this why our updates are slow?
    [IMG]
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Some of these bugs look really good.. I prefer the one on the left
    [IMG]
  16. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Zoned into GL tonight and my pet blew up. [IMG]
  17. Meeko Developer(Code)