Why not just have a no box and a regular box TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by iceyx, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While that is true you don't see people calling for other rules such as banning of 3rd party software that plays your character for you to be removed because people are still able to do that and get away with it even though it is against the rules. There is a difference between asking for a rule on the server and Daybreak just getting rid of the rule because they can't fully enforce it.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have and do have a rule that prohibits boxing on the same computer on some servers. They have and do have a rule that has a limit of two characters on one server. This rule has been done before and that is what people are asking for.

My original post was that it was pointless to ask for this rule because it is hard to enforce. What people seem to be objecting to is the idea that rules shouldn't be gotten rid of because they can't be enforced. I am not suggesting that a no boxing rule would be a good idea or enforceable. Just that if they do choose to do it they shouldn't remove it for the difficulty in enforcing it.
  3. Soriano Augur

There has never been a rule against boxing and Daybreak is not getting rid of any rule.
  4. Soriano Augur

True box and No Boxing are not even close to the same thing now you are being stupid.

True Box requires people that box use a machine for each character.

Oakwynd is a true box server and I have legally boxed since day one.

There has NEVER been a NO BOX RULE and they did not get rid of anything.
  5. Soriano Augur

They had a server that only allowed one character per account but if you had two accounts you could box.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Truebox is a rule that says you can only box one character per computer on that server. Aradune only allowed for playing two characters at once and they had to be on separate computers. It may not be as strict as you seem to be thinking but they do have rules that limit boxing.
  7. Soriano Augur

That is not a rule against boxing....you should learn to fall on your sword....you sound really obtuse....lmao
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said anything about a "No Box" server, I said that they have limited the number of boxes that you can have and they had issues enforcing that. Also when I said getting rid of a rule I never specified any rule, I just made a statement that they shouldn't get rid of rules because they are hard to enforce.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I have never said that there was a rule that prevented all boxing. I said that there where rules that limited boxing and those are hard to enforce and that being hard to enforce should not be a reason to get rid of a rule.
  10. Soriano Augur

Will make it even easier for you....lol

Never in the history of Everquest (Verant, SoE, Daybreak) has there ever been a rule that prohibited boxing.
  11. Soriano Augur

Again you back pedal..

You quoted my post about no rule against boxing...and then gave the known explanation of what true box means which allows boxing.

You made a claim about enforcement not being a reason to get rid of a rule.

The thread is about NO BOX SERVER rule set.

Not what are the limitations on boxing...
  12. Dominate Augur

I see 6 posts in a row from you brother. You are arguing with the most ignored player on these forums.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Soriano like this.
  13. Soriano Augur

[IMG]
  14. Soriano Augur

That I can believe....ROFLMAO

He must have a goal of how many people can he get to ignore him.....
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I never said they had a rule that prohibited all boxing, I have said they have rules that limit the amount of boxing that can happen.

Again, I never said there was a no boxes allowed server. What I did say was they had a limited boxing servers and had issues enforcing the rules on that server.

Not sure what this is supposed to be saying, you made a claim that there has never been a rule against boxing. I showed you one rule that is against boxing on the same machine and another rule that limits it to two accounts on the server. Those are still rules against boxing even if they do not prohibit boxing altogether.
  16. Soriano Augur

That was me saying there has never been a rule against boxing

that you quoted

then started the non sense comparison of True box to a rule for a NO BOX rule set...

The subject of the thread is important if you want to contribute anything meaningful to the conversation....but instead you want to pick a argument that is just not related to the topic.

And those rules are not AGAINST boxing they are limitation on boxing.

The thread is about NO BOXING AT ALL and I said there has never been a rule and you replied to my post...
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And those are still rules against boxing, just not the full no boxing at all allowed that you seem to be focused on.
  18. Kahna Augur

Waring (who I assume you are speaking to, he is on ignore) adores arguing semantics. Best to not engage, no matter what you say he will just keep parroting the same argument, which probably doesn't have anything to do with the actual discussion.
    theonepercent and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

Every time you load up EQ.
  20. theonepercent Augur

Frank is right, they are scanning process and you did consent, read the ToS.