2024 TLP Ruleset!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OldTimeEQ1, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Azzlann Elder

You can just tag the mob first with an insta click. There are already ways around it if you want a mob.
  2. Shalom Quillmane Bane

For someone who doesn't carry the frustrations of EQ with them you sure are making one HELL of an effort through MULTIPLE posts to attack FTE. Sounds like you do carry it ;)
    MaestroM and Ddezul like this.
  3. Ddezul Augur

Then what's the issue?
  4. AzzlannOG Elder

Because I believe that's less fair, have you read any of the previous comments?
  5. MaestroM Augur

I won’t say this never happened because I’m sure it happens. But in my months and months and months on Oakwynd, I never had a single mob stolen from me by someone with an instant click or otherwise. On the last few servers I was on (yeli, mischief, Aradune, Agnarr, some others I’m forgetting) getting trained or KSed was a 2-3 times a week and sometimes daily occurrence.

FTE in one fell swoop removed virtually all of the toxic/negative actions out of the game. Yeah you can technically still be antisocial and toxic using the game mechanics, but in practice the occurrences of this type of behavior have been practically eliminated from normal play. There is a reason almost literally every mainstream MMO out there uses some version of FTE. It hobbles the ability of annoying people to negatively impact other peoples game time and therefore reduces the amount of attention the staff needs to allocate to adjudicating player disputes.

I’m not seeing the fairness issue. Especially not in light of the massive scale of the actual benefits of the system to how most players experience the game.
  6. maxisbored New Member

No maps or waypoints,
    classic exp rates
    Bazar from start
  7. Arclyte Augur

bring back coin weight and monk AC loss due to weight

you monks have had it easy for too long!
    [IMG]
    OldTimeEQ1 and Traductus1 like this.
  8. Mashef Augur

It only removed that because no one played. Not sure what is not registering.

If Oakwynd was 1/10th as popular as Mischief/Aradune/Agnarr you would have experienced serious issues. It was an incredibly small group of players on Oakwynd.

The top guild was quite scummy and the 2nd guild was all P99'ers that lacked fundamental modern EQ knowledge. There wasn't even a 3rd or 4th guild worth joining as serious raiders. The other servers had at least 10 guilds worth joining and clearing content quickly and efficiently.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  9. MaestroM Augur

The hopefully all of the FTE haters (toxic players) will keep not playing on FTE servers and we’ll have a great game even better going forward!
  10. Ddezul Augur

i think that's the point some miss. FTE fixes a lot of the toxicity that has been rampant on these TLP.

Come on folks. Most of us are old and gainfully employed now. I don't know what kinda person needs to lash out with toxicity in a 25 year old game.
    MaestroM likes this.
  11. Ddezul Augur

i know what you're about . I been in that guild. Good luck!
  12. Mashef Augur

Not toxic, and not a hater. It's just broken AF in it's current state. They need a lot of changes and work invested to make it viable. Obviously low skill players (you) are real happy with it because you level 10 weeks after everyone else and have no competition as it is already.

Raid targets - should only lock after 5% damage is done to ensure the mob is summoning - so you can't hold it for 10 minutes waiting on your force. This would reward first in force - which is the intention.

Group targets should only lock for 1 minute and at 95%. If your group can't kill a trash mob in under that time, are you even exping?

Yelling should be disabled.

Buffing/healing OOG should be disabled. If someone has an encounter locked to them.

All for FTE if they fix those things to hinder the botters/PL crews and general exploiters.

These are legitimate problems with the system that high skill cap players have to contend with because we are leveling ahead of the curve of the low skill players.
    Azzlann likes this.
  13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Was this the hilarious guild where most made alts of the same class got them all to 50 - as they were "hard core" and raided on them (one a day or something) to "Funnel" to their main (as they were all the same class!)?

I grouped with a few in the hole and told them they will burn out before kunark. They scoffed and said they are "real" EQ players from P99.

Think the guild folded even before kunark - how on earth are you gonna kill naggy and vox daily and not lose your mind (not to mention levelling up same class a few times) :p
  14. Basak Augur

Uncalled for insult.

Raid targets should not have FTE enabled.

Of course they are exping, why would they not be if they are killing?

Why?

FTE seems to be working fine as is. I did not like the idea of it myself, but after playing with it, it seems to be a very good addition to the game.
  15. Ddezul Augur

High skill cap players? bahaha
    Load up a program and run 12 accounts so you can steamroll people playing the game by the rules?
    FTE is fine. That it causes such an uproar in certain populations only verifies that.
    xxar and MaestroM like this.
  16. Fideles Journeyman

Give Gimblox and Bergugle the "rare" tag so they pop more often and their drops will be added to the random loot table.

Then slap them into a Mischief clone and I'll be happy.

Will never happen:

1. Two versions of each DZ, one with the raid mobs and one without for fun XP times (and put DZ XP back to where it used to be).
    2. Make a P99 clone then cease and desist P99! It's your IP, might as well make more money.
  17. Hellofreshroxorboxor New Member

New ruleset: all class/race combinations also have the ability to use and wear berserker ability and gear
  18. xxar Augur

That only gives you a 50 % chance at winning the lock , do you think no one else has insta clicks or instant ability's?
  19. xxar Augur

lol @ the high skilled players comment , the high skilled player's do not even play eq anymore.

There is nothing hard in the first few expansions of EQ , in fact it's easy to argue there kind of broken , itemization is horrid , mechanics are poorly designed to the point of can you turn a mob , hide behind a corner and joust x distance or taunt for a death touch ? Where exactly is the skill required ?