Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Darakar, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

SKs should get an ability like their EQ2 counterpart. A self-only DI-type buff. When it triggers, it takes 5% HP from everyone in the group, possibly killing them if they're low enough :p

Let's not be too facetious, shall we? The SK pet is not what anyone would consider "DPS." Regardless of any buffs to it.
  2. Szilent Augur

Tell me you don't hit Influence disc on refresh without telling me you don't hit Influence disc on refresh. #meme
  3. Ozon Augur

Procs on pets is bad
  4. Szilent Augur

what proc, sir?

65185 Ignominious Agitation III 117 0s 3s 6s+ n/a Pet Hate: -1
    1: Increase Current HP by 0 per tick
    3: Increase Hit Damage by 823% (v185)
    7: Increase Max HP by 29445
    8: Increase Current HP by 33230

pet takes on no proc.

and if it did? if any other class had to take on a proc, to get 823% hit damage mod? they would in a heartbeat.
  5. Ozon Augur

I stand corrected
  6. Koveras Elder

Considering how much trend this post has made, I got this in mind...

The Paladin's Redemption (Epic 1.5) and Nightbane: Sword of the Valiant (Epic 2.0) as clickie effects should all affect the whole group, not just the Paladin oneself.
    Furthermore, the song buffs Flame of Redemption & Flames of the Valiant should be affected by the Spell Casting Reinforcement AA Ability for the exact same reason it also affects Reaper Strike from Innoruuk's Voice (Epic 1.5) and Lich Sting from Innoruuk's Dark Blessing (Epic 2.0) .
    Most importantly, Flames of Redemption & Flames of the Valiant should also provide a 30% bonus and a 40% bonus on Accuracy respectfully, the Recourse versions of said two song buffs should also provide a 50% bonus and a 70% bonus to Accuracy as well.

This is one of those things that really should of been addressed several years back, because certain changes that need to happen are just utterly overdue.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Effects that upward-scale is why this thread got started. Doubling down on that isn't the way to go.

SCR benefit should be consistent though.
    Szilent likes this.
  8. fransisco Augur

I agree buffing it would be good, but it needs more than that. The paladin epic makes other heal things affect you more - it still requires the paladin to cast/do other things to heal. The SK epic is a "I cannot die" button.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

This inequity dates back to 2005. Originally both epic buffs where focus-able. Flames focus was nerfed at the same time that Lich Sting was changed to its current leech effect.
  10. Koveras Elder

Another thing I also want to add is this as mentioned below...
    • The proc effects from Flames of Redemption Strike & Flames of the Valiant Strike (as they are normally set to dealing 200 points & 240 points of damage respectfully) should all be hitting for a much higher amount of damage then Pious Fury Strike at 125th level. I'm rather surprised to do a test-run where Pious Fury Strike despite the fact its set to deal 195 points of damage to do around 2K of damage at 125th level while Flames of the Valiant Strike dose only 480 points of damage at said level, and where talking about just normal proc damage here.
    • This I find rather surprising because the normal proc damage for Flames of Redemption Strike and Flames of the Valiant Strike should all need to be dealing somewhere around 5k of damage in the rough estimate sense if the Paladin is at 125th level. Pious Fury Strike shouldn't be surpassing the damage amount said other two strikes in damage for obvious reasons.
    • And then comes the 1 second stuns that come from said Strikes, considering the fact they are limited to stunning those up to 73rd level, shouldn't something "else" be done with that? I mean the Bash Skill for example dose stun regardless of level so shouldn't Flames of Redemption Strike & Flames of the Valiant Strike do 1 second stuns on most encounters regardless of their levels? I mean the only exception is if the encounters are proven to be immune to stuns.
    • Then something in addition that I feel they also should of done. If Flames of Redemption and Flames of the Valiant are going to be a group buff for the same reason Reaper Strike & Lich Sting are means said said Flame Song Buffs need to also provide a heal proc that heals for the same amount as it does damage.
    That's pretty much it I can think of besides the previous post I made a few days ago. Hence to why somethings have to be addressed after all those years.
  11. Maedhros High King

The epic design of all those classes 20 years ago was just wildly inconsistent and has been a dramatic point of class balance for all this time.
    By far most class epic 2.0s are totally useless at 125. A few are moderately useless and then a few are extremely powerful and class defining.

I think the best thing would be if every epic at least scaled as we leveled and did not have a level cap.

Then balance and power issues should be addressed.

Or, make epic 3.0s and friggin future proof them so they dont have level caps on their effects ffs.
    alanus likes this.
  12. fransisco Augur

If they did another round, they should have a level cap that is consistant. Lets say at 130. You get them for several expacs but not forever. Current 2.0s should all have level caps added to them. Its the only way to make them fair. So many 2.0s would be worthless without the caps because they were not percentage based.
    I suppose thats an alternative to level capping, change all 2.0s to not be percentage based but give a bonus equivalent to that damage increase at lvl 70. So instead of +20% crit it increases your damage by the amount 20% crit at lvl 70 would give. SK epic would give a lifetap for say 200hp per swing instead of x% of damage done. This way the weapons are just as powerful as they are supposed to be in era.
    alanus likes this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;)