Fixed DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Feochadan the Savior, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Kick New Member

I still get a stutter in Final Fuque mission each time there is a phase shift and especially at the end when Kar activates.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

A couple of nights ago, I was farming a named in TF for t3 armor drops (and getting xp on the necklaces) and someone was apparently mass slaughtering the weak con mobs in the zone...for neck xp I would assume. I was watching stuff repop on track.

When those mobs repopped, it would usually be several at a time and the game would hitch with each pop, making it damn near unplayable. Running out to grab a mob to kill took forever because the game would stutter/hitch every couple of steps as mobs would repop in other parts of the zone. It was without a doubt one of the worst playing experiences I've had in EQ in a while.
  3. Fidden Lorekeeper

For me, raids are worst. The more events we do, the worse it becomes until it drops to 2-3 fps. I also have a high spec system which is 100+ fps on every other game I play, so it is frustrating that this happens on a game that should barely be heating the GPU...

Any news on a fix?
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

OP = January 17, 2024 (have to include the year because it's possible thet devs will take more than a year to actually fix it.

EQ bugs need quarterly reports anymore,

At the close of this bug's first quarter it will remain unresolved.
    mercury890 and Nennius like this.
  5. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

I agree.. Really, they should revert and fix it on their time and NOT on my dime...then go live...
    What a bird nest,,,,,
  6. newc322 Lorekeeper

logged in to several graphics bugs on players in guild lobby this morning, as well as still have FUBAR universal chat channels. absolutely unreal this is still going on. yet they wanna charge 1500 for some goofy event. lmfao.
  7. Peter_The_great Elder

Yea, the zone PoK gives10FPS and graphical errors like crazy.. is the game designed to look down in the ground all the time to get the frames so we can enjoy the play? Haha.
    mercury890 likes this.
  8. Peter_The_great Elder

Agree, my PC is at 0-5% usage on the GPU and 10% on the CPU while gaming the Everquest. Yet the FPS is horrible low and stutter.
    mercury890 likes this.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

We have a fix for the original issue internally. We are currently regression testing it and expect it to hit Live in the next update.
  10. Karthos Augur

You know what's wacky? GPU usage goes up in pok when I look at the ground. Look at the lag pile and it drops back down again. What's going on there?

My system is 5800x3d and 6900xt video card. Very jerky everywhere. I can't move smoothly navigating with the mouse. I have to use arrow keys for movement. I swapped out the video card for an Intel A770 after reading good things about their driver optimizations for directx 11 games. The lag pile is still terrible and load times are still bad, but other than that overall game play seems smoother. I then installed DXVK. The lag pile and zoning are even worse, but it's even smoother overall when not looking at the lag pile in pok. I'm not sure if I will keep it. Also, I can move with my mouse again.
    Peter_The_great likes this.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

That's definitely wacky. I'm running an i5-12600k and RTX 4060 Ti with 32GB of DDR4 3600 and the only problems I notice are a stutter when new mobs pop (It's like a new "spidey sense") and then some character item models having weird screen tearing in the guild lobby (and nowhere else).

I also keep my Windows installation in check. No virus scans while I'm active on the computer. No file/search indexing at all. All my background processes are there because I want them there.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Getting kind of tired of zoning and my weapons/shields don't load up. This has been problematic since Beta when DX11 was implemented, and 4-5 months later it is still happening.

Maybe the DX11 implementation should have been outsourced, like a lot of the artwork/graphics are. The art and new models are outstanding. DX11 is absolutely not.
    Metanis and mercury890 like this.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

And we know there is at least one gaming graphics expert but we can't mention his product here. I've been using his code for years and his emulated full screen is the best! Of course he probably won't work cheap.
    mercury890 and Ssdar like this.
  14. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

PLEASE NORATHIAN GODS. PLEASE....... (Drooling)
  15. Auze Neax New Member

Just wanted to say thank you for working on the issues. I recently resubbed and am duoing with a friend and noticed this seemed a bit ch0nkier than the last time I played. Tweaked some things, and turned off the new models and it seems smooth enough to not bother me anymore.

Is there maybe a separate thread for the FPS wonkyness or is that somehow related still?
  16. Knifen Augur

I didnt catch when you put in the fix but just did the entire Final Fuge mission with nothing stuttering when anything loaded in. Very nice
  17. Ratalthor Developer

We implemented a fix in the latest update. Please let us know if the problem persists.
  18. Ysu9 Apprentice

Still having stuttering issues,

Deleted memory512 file and config in eqclient.ini

EDIT: I renamed my old eqclient.ini to get a fresh one and no/very little hitching. Found some odd settings in my old eqclient.ini and fixed them up.
  19. Lodestar The Undefeated

With the custom memory.ini settings Cairbrae has made available, and the most recent patch, the amount of hitching has decreased and only improved. The game is the most playable it's been since DX11 was released.

With whatever fixes are put in for the kaleidoscope issue, please ensure that it doesn't revert upon the improvements to hitching and texture loading.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

The only appreciable stuttering I'm seeing is when I click on "Enter World" on a character. For part of that process there is a rapid-fire flickering. Once the character actually enters the world this flickering ceases.