Druid’s Healing Disadvantages

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jack, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Hekaton Augur

we're talking about our gelid gift spell which twincasts 3 waves of heals. we used to get 6 showers now its just 3
  2. Tuco Augur

I play a shaman.
  3. Hekaton Augur

oh man what are you doing lol
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

quick and dirty fix for druid healing would be to unlink their heals and give them some kind of mana replenish aa
  5. Jack Elder

I can't speak for anyone other than myself and I have never called for a nerfing of another class. I would just like the druids to be brought more in line with fellow priests as far as healing tools in our toolboxes and abilities to recoup mana, especially after a death or heavy mana drain events.
  6. Jack Elder

Also, since this thread has spilled over into the druid mana thread, here's what I said over there about people saying we're looking to nerf classes

7. Tuco Augur

8. Jack Elder

Lol to be fair I am quoting from a different thread :p
  9. Chorus Augur

out of curiosity, how much healing does the sporali swarm pet provide for druids? I'm not seeing it easily in the spell data and no longer have the patience to dig through to figure it out :p
  10. Szilent Augur

is bad. real, real, realbad.

Saprophyte Assault summons a lil' guy that casts Saprophyte Strike 7 times, which in turn reflects Saprophyte Heal on the group. Because it's a pet, no part of the Strike or Heal can be focused nor can crit.

So at rank 3, each cast of the spell deals exactly 27627*7 = 193,389 damage, and attempts to heal the group for exactly 12560*7 = 87920.

The only plus is that its casting cadence is unreliable, hitting irregularly 6-13 seconds apart, so it probably won't double up with HoTs :p

If you are ever tempted to cast this spell for its healing (or for anything else really), I strongly recommend simply meleeing for Arms of Holy Wrath procs instead while you wait for good spells to refresh.
  11. Tuco Augur

I was super disappointed in this skill, because I thought it was such a fun idea.
    fransisco and Silvena like this.
  12. Szilent Augur

the prob is the pet basis of the whole thing. The numbers work out versus base values of other spells. Like if the druid were somehow wearing plain leather armor with no focus effects on, and had no AA multiplying the effectiveness of everything else, then Saprophites would be a neat alternate way to get healing & damage over 30s.
  13. Chorus Augur

aye, I tossed my druid to the side 3 years ago now, and have mostly used a cleric to replace it. Mainly because I don't need more DPS to fight in the group game where mobs drop in under 20 seconds anyway, but the benefit of the cleric is that my warrior can be severely under geared and still be a fully functional tank for when I take long breaks. Cleric works out better than sham in that scenario, but pretty much only that scenario as well :p To be fair though, the fights in LS aren't terribly taxing either, the mobs seem rather weak even for a level up expansion.

Thanks for the info though, I used to use that sporali simply because I enjoyed seeing the mushroom casting at things, so purely from a visual pleasure perspective.
  14. Petalonyx Augur

I used the sporali pet for over a year on my druid. In the group game, it actually got me killed a whole bunch because the little bugger would nuke incoming mobs, esp if i was trying to pull on druid and forgot i had a sporali active. Took me a stupid long time to figure out the cause.