Druid’s ability to recoup mana

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jack, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Brickhaus Augur

I mean ... to hit the cap, mana pools have to hit 10 million. Stat inflation is real but ... It's basically uncapped.

Shaman are masters of mana return, but druids got something change for real. It means they are listening to some of the concerns at least. That's positive change. Look at what happened to wizards ... gotta few positive things last expansion, now BAM ... really good shape with the further gains this expansion.

I actually think the squall twincast nerf is going to be helpful to druid healing eventually. Once it has been shown that squall is still a ridiculously powerful spell, even without twincast, and how druids have nothing remotely close on the heal front, maybe will see movement. At least I'm hopeful for it now because this concern was noticed.
    fransisco, Sprooce and Allayna like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

I think once most shaman realize this is actually an improvement, no more swapping targets, throw splash in a spam button and go ham on dps....they'll stop complaining and realize they still have it better than every other priest.
  3. Beco Lorekeeper

Welcome nerf to other classes and claiming it is helpful for your preferred class may not help to get sympathy for your requests.
  4. Beco Lorekeeper

It is not far from stating: If we just can manage to get shamans served more nerfs, eventually they have to improve our abilities in order to compensate for those.
    A toxic way of thinking/arguing.
    kroag likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

It certainly is the end of the world that the first wave of 1 shaman spell is not twincast anymore.
    Que Horrible! So much nerf! Don't worry, they are still the most powerful priest by a large margin
    alanus, Jack, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Beco Lorekeeper

It's more about the mindset than the quality of this special nerf.
    Openly welcoming other classes nerves and expressing that more of that kind may be beneficial is close to fanatism.
    This may lead to conclusion that all this lamenting may be more about a view players which are running out of their mind on a crusade to do anything, in their mindset "necessary", to get their class to always stay as close as possible to be the no1 on all parses.
  7. fransisco Augur

This makes no sense. IF you have an OP class, and ONLY bring everyone else up to its level, the game breaks, because everyone is soo OP content doesn't work. Nerfs are a healthy part of game balance
    alanus, Annastasya and Cadira like this.
  8. Beco Lorekeeper

It was stated and admitted that druids are already parsing in the top 5 on raids and still attempt to argue that they need much more plus other classes need to be nerfed?
    Do you really think that that's the right way?
  9. Jack Elder

First of all, no one has called for anyone to be nerfed. Also, the healing nerf that just happened isn't as big as some people are making it sound. Gift no longer makes splash twin cast the first of THREE waves of healing. That's all they changed. This actually makes splash even better now for shaman because they can throw it in their spam key and be casting it every time it's up. There have been multiple shaman post about this and how it isn't as big of a deal as people are making it sound.

Second, I have seen shaman top dps and healing parses on the same fight. We aren't asking for that. We aren't asking for more dps. We aren't even asking for stronger heals. We just would like to have our own versions of the tools they are giving the rest of the priest classes. These tools include some form of meaningful mana recovery, heal over times, splashes, and for our healing spells to not be timer locked to their earlier versions.

Everyone seems to love to point out druid dps for the reason we need to be kept nerfed by not having comparable tools while praising how wonderful shaman are. I love my shaman brethren. Stop trying to say druids don't deserve nice things because you'll get shaman nerfed.
    alanus likes this.
  10. Metanis Bad Company

I main a cleric, but I also box a shaman and a druid.

Druids are fine in the group game if they consciously manage their mana and use available tools like mod rods.

However I can see the OP's point in the raid game. Once a druid dies in an event they are nearly useless for a long period of time. (Unless they befriend a cleric, a beastmaster, a mage, and an enchanter! I personally try and keep Quiet Prayer for when my druid friends die.)

All other classes have some innate capability to get functional again in a reasonable amount of time, but not the druid and especially if they are responsible for healing their caster group.

They should get an AA ability like a bard's Rallying Solo AA which gives a special mana regeneration. Perhaps on with a 30 second duration and 10 to 20 minute refresh. Restore 40% of a mana bar.

They could call it Hugging the Life Tree!
    Barton-Vox, Sprooce and Jack like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Druids should be paired with Necromancer, Enchanter, and Bard, always.
  12. Szilent Augur

Mag synergy is big game. Professionals swap fire Remote to cold Remote when they get to group with one.
  13. Hekaton Augur

wut....twincast isnt working on any waves of my splash heal
  14. Allayna Augur

It was changed this past patch. But had worked for years to twin the first of 3 waves of healing on the shaman splash.
  15. Hekaton Augur

no im aware...might have been phrased wrong but people are saying that twincast doesnt work on only the first of the three waves. from what ive tested it im not getting a single twincast thats why i was baffled some here were saying the twincast doesnt work on just the first of the 3 waves
  16. Szilent Augur

Twinheal - before the patch - worked on just the first of the three waves. Twinwave-singlewave-singlewave. Since CotF.

It now works on none of the waves.

So - now - it doesn't work on the first wave of the spell. It never worked on the others, but that's the change: It doesn't work on the first wave.
    fransisco and Allayna like this.
  17. fransisco Augur

One thing about this "druids are fine", is that its very missleading.
    If a druid is on their game, highly skilled, and plays with a well geared tank, they can manage.
    So druids are "fine". However any shm can waltz in, spend the entire time watching anime and blow the druid away.

That makes me think druids are not "fine". The amount of effort the druid needs to spend is disproportionate to the results compared to the shm. Which of course ignores the shm's competative dps and inability to run out of mana.
    Allayna, Barton-Vox and Jack like this.
  18. Jack Elder

In the group game I use a mount whenever possible, cast a lot of boo bears, use a lot of mod rods if there’s a mage, rely heavily on gift of mana for nbw, and still end up medding thru mobs if my tank doesn’t require heavy healing. Squishy tanks I heal a lot more so have more of my direct heals loaded which takes less mana so am usually ok in group setting if 70% or more of my role is just healing.
    Silvena and fransisco like this.
  19. Sprooce Lorekeeper

I'm so curious why they upgraded our mana bear on test for a few days recently but it didn't make it to live servers.. think we'll get that at some point this year?
  20. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

Soon™(a moment between now and the heat death of the universe.)

Cidran, Tatanka, Jack and 2 others like this.