Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Windance Augur

Yes. We use DKP. Its your "paycheck" for raiding.

Lets say you have two different weapons you could buy:
    A - 357 magnum - pro: most powerful handgun available. Sale price: $450
    B - 22 short - better than what you have but not by much. Sale price: $350

Now lets say you earn enough DKP/store credit that you can buy that 22 short right now for $350, but if you save another week or two you can get the 357.

Do you really buy the weaker item or do let them "rot" because you are saving up for the better item?

If you do buy the weaker item, it means you have to save coin/dkp for another 5-8 weeks before you can get the thing you really want. At which time the old 22 short gets shoved into your bank or converted to tribute.
  2. Warpeace Augur

People could accept the fact that DKP is a very flawed system. But they won't simply because they refuse to change.
    Kaliko, Allayna and Windance like this.
  3. Windance Augur

I totally agree.

Has anyone modified their loot policy within the last 2-4 years to handle the T1 vs TS loot ?

If so how?
  4. Lubianx Augur

My question is, if you don't spend your DKP on a temporary upgrade, what are you going to spend it on? If you wait for the higher upgrade and you are able to outbid others on it then what are you going to spend your raid currency on?

The way I look at it is I will spend my DKP on short term upgrades if it's viable and use raid currency on the better upgrades. It also means I can spend the raid currency on other items and come back later to the bigger upgrade for the one I got with T1. I have actually sort of already done this, I got an LS T1 tank shield. Later I will upgrade by currency to a T2 one but I can now look at other T2 items 1st.
  5. Windance Augur

If I want to min/max, and get the best value, then only buy the best item for each slot. Otherwise you are paying for that slot twice.

I'm coming at the loot question as a melee DPS. For us the extra 25AC and 500 HP/M isn't going to make much of a difference. Its better to pay an extra 20% and get 50AC and 1000 HP/M instead.

On the other hand, as a tank I can totally see getting any upgrade you can as soon as you can. You get gear checked every swing.
    FYAD likes this.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

DKP has no place in a cutting edge guild. Really just pointless. And again, that's a you problem. The devs do not give 2 duck poops about it.
    FYAD, Act of Valor and Allayna like this.
  7. Windance Augur

What system do you use?
  8. Allayna Augur

As a former guild leader in a top end guild, one with a DKP system I inherited and attempted to change...slightly to a DKP decay, since gear decays every year. Changing DKP policy is massive drama for guilds, it is easier to change guild tags.
    Ozon, Lubianx and Windance like this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Officer awarded, loot council or whatever. Have been in that system since 2008 (Triality then Realm of Insanity).
    FYAD, Allayna and Windance like this.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

25 guilds beat all. all. all. all. all of T2 day 1 day 1.

So cutting edge? With this difficulty, every guild is cutting edge.

0 loots.
    Good, make a challenge mode difficulty. Actual challenging. This mode, dev's do not expect everyone to win, meaning you gonna get whooped. Don't make it dps check, make it a lot of mechanics check, can you stay on toes for 30 minutes check. Meaning you'll play 4 hours, and you still lose. Than you give 1 guaranteed loot.

but this difficulty of raids. Get 0. Casual content gearing is a lot harder than these 10 min beat all over T1 raid, 6+ loots. in 10 minutes. Wayyyy too much loot in 10 minutes.

EQ raids are joke as of late.

0 loot.

How about casual player 3 hours no names.
    3 hours they get a named and wipe and then a raider comes in and cleans house and takes your named.

0 loot casual 3 hours.
    Casual needs more attention than these raids.
    J5 tank merc with a J5 healer merc, J5 tank merc getting whooped by named. Can't even get the named killed. Sad. 10 mins 42% hp. Sad. Bloated HP. Making me play defense too much because J5 tank merc boom 60% hp gone. Boom sneaky killshot on the J5 merc. Whose next. Gobble gobble everyone dead.

Raider staring at me "good I get loot!!!!" "these guys don't hurt" yeah double hme, and double ac. means they tickle and you have tons of hp. half that ac now they doing dmg. half that hme now you see its deadly damage.

you don't even need that loot buddy. Yall just watch people die, so you can get the kill. sad. 3 hour camping just to get something can't kill, takes a lot of luck to kill. sad.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Yes - if you buy the dropped, you pay X.
    If you buy the piece to make crafted you pay X.
    If you buy the dropped, and then upgrade to crafted, you pay nothing.

This encourages folks to get upgrades when and where they can first. We also use a modified system to prioritize certain classes for certain types of crafted pieces first.

For example if you are lower dkp (ours is a fixed cost system, not bidding, etc), and you want to get the focus on a wrist you arent penalized for picking up the dropped wrist, then upgrading it to a crafted wrist later when you may have better access to it.

For us, its worked well and saved alot of rots. Some get every piece of gear they can, others wait to get the "best", some do a bit of a mix, some use all currency to get their crafted pieces, some use no currency and only drops, etc. The trick for me was to provide decent opportunity for everyone to finish with reasonable attendance, and last year was the fastest year yet for accomplishing that goal, under the new system, which I had serious reservations about, all of which did not come to pass.

The start always feels slow, but i have no reason to think it will be different this year, provided they didnt alter the structure, which it doesnt seem that they did.
    Windance and Lubianx like this.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

Yes, DKP is flawed, so is every single other loot system. I agree that using DKP as an argument for a loot system in t he game is dumb, but that's the person's fault, not DKPs.

Loot council only really matters for the 3? guilds "competing" 1-3x a year. Outside of that, whatever gearing system you use is going t o end up with every fully geared halfway through the year.

Again, the issue with the original post is the gameplay/reward loop suffers due to the design of the system and the chance for 0 TS drop. All the other tertiary arguments are nonsense.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Flawed is an opinion. Some prefer it.
    Every loot system is wrong in someone's opinion when you consider that people who want stuff are behind the toons.
    I've worked with 4 different loot systems (arguably 5) in my time, and I've never failed to get geared up in any of them.
  14. Xslia Elder

In Spirit of the original message. We did two LS raid Last night, and we got zero Tier 2 Valiant items. Can the RNG be changed to at least 1 to X vs 0 to X. Please thanks.
    Gaerwind, Boro, Xalatan and 9 others like this.
  15. Windance Augur

The RNG has been kind to us this week.

FIVE of the last five this week after a long dry spell.
    2x 1h weapons ( had 3x from start of expansion )
    1x 2h weapon ( first drop )
    1x wrists
    1x foot
  16. Cicelee Augur

Honestly doesn't matter what loot distribution system a guild uses. If you play the game, if you attend raids, you will eventually get geared out.

The problem is the players who see a T1 weapon drop but refuse to loot it (even though it will benefit themselves and the guild) because OMG IT IS NOT BIS!!!1!. So instead of making life and raids easier in the short term, they make it harder on their guild. And when the arbitrary "ranking system" uses a time stamp (which is also a dumb and flawed way of doing things, but that is another thread) and your guild finishes two seconds behind another guild and misses the top 3/5/10... many would have wished you (and others) would have looted those T1 weapons.

The other problem is the guild who allows a cleric to win a 2hb when four monks and two zerkers are on the raid. Or a bard uses DKP to loot a shield over tanka. Or a magician looting gloves when players that could use the cold focus upgrade (such as wizards) don't. Or allowing poor performers to loot rk3 spells and other things over higher performing players who would get far more use out of them.

But again, bottom line- play the game. Go on raids. Get loot. Eventually you will have everything you want.
  17. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

I started this thread to bring attention to the fact that most of the population is not happy with the number zero, if it even exits.... 40+ people vying for nothing is a waste of time. None of the tier 1 stuff rots. Taking tier 1 loot is like a semi hot chick not getting asked to prom by someone she prefers, but instead accepts a date proposal from one of us gamers. /em looks at you.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah, people get their boxes full set of highest tier raid gear. Meaning exactly what you said. Remember I said boxes not their mains, so that means two characters fully decked. Guilds usually have a rule mains first. So if you can box fully decked that means every main is already fully decked.

Yep, to beat content faster, smoother. Deck out the main people first.
    If you want to be one of those lucky people that get decked out first, play those roles, step up.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

Sure, then lets just have no loot drop and have everything be currency. Your argument is not a good one for defending the 0 ts drops.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

It would be nice if the loot were a little less random. 2 T2 items, maybe even 1, but consistent from chest to chest rather than we got lucky or unlucky.