GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eridiniara, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eridiniara Elder

Really trying to generate some impetus for Devs to dedicate some time to PvP for EQ.... They seem to have really neglected the concept of PvP as the game mechanics progressed over the years..... Really been away since 2004 or so here and there.
  2. Eridiniara Elder

Those who violate and are caught by a refined "/report" of encounter data could be removed from having the option of becoming PvP considering the implementation of a P99 "Priest of Oder" resolution to the "old School" Tomb of Discord process of going PvP......

https://wiki.project1999.com/Priest_of_Order
  3. Eridiniara Elder

Within the refined "/report" a limited data trace for all evolved in the PvP encounter.
  4. Captain Video Augur

I just realized who you are. You're uberkingkong's Alternate Persona.
  5. Cuzon Elder

PVP Isnt going to happen. Why do you keep making new posts about it? You are one of like four people who are interested in PVP. If you want to PVP go play on Zek by yourself.
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Like topics have been merged together.
    fransisco and Rijacki like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Four ? I want names.
    fransisco and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  8. Eridiniara Elder

9. uberkingkong Augur

Thing about PvP for it to be good. Dev's have to put some time into it.

Map needs to be better for one thing.
    Show enemy players, show friendlies.

But again EQ unlike EQ2. Its FFA, FFA ruleset thats garbage for PvP.

No one is going to showup for FFA PvP new server.

Apparently they don't want to be successful so they do minimal or they do it so they know the outcome.

Show up if you want pvp. no one wants that.
    OOOOPs, that means no one pvp.
    No we want pvp but not FFA, thats garbage.

ESO, their PvP isn't FFA, its alliance wars.

I feel like some categories somebody has an agenda so they do what the manager or whatever is curious about but they do it in a way they know low or no support will happen. Like they want it to fail so they can keep doing whatever their agenda is.
  10. Cuzon Elder

Lol you caught me. I was trying to be nice and make it seem like there was more interest than there really is.
  11. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Imagine if you will. Your server is forced to go PVP. You and your group of friends decide to go get that pesky rare mob to complete your hunter achievement. The camp is open, praise the EQ gods.

You set up camp and you start to clear the PH's. All of a sudden 50 SK's warp right on top of you and slaughter you and your group. You get a tell from some devious individual who says, "you can have the camp for 2 hours, but it will cost you 5 Kronos." Almost anywhere you go in the new expansion is the same. Warping SK's killing people and demanding payment to hunt.

Within a week the server dries up. People quit or transfer to a PVE server.
    fransisco likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea or rogues with sos that you cant even see for the most part. In the end nobody wants to play pvp because its broken and dont wanna from cheese lol. Even rangers with the instant cast big dot one crit your pretty much toast.
    fransisco likes this.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

As has been said by those who like PvP, the PvP in EQ has been broken since the early aughts. The game wasn't designed for it and balancing the game for PvE breaks it for PvP. Additionally, the population of the PvP servers they have had also shows its popularity.

Many games don't even bother adding a PvP element because of the toxic reputation of those who engage in PvP. Not all PvPers are toxic but enough are that they create a support headache. Over and over new games declare they aren't going to add PvP and most cite the toxic behaviour. One such recent announcement: https://www.ign.com/articles/helldi...s-to-reduce-toxic-elements-from-the-community.

EQ currently has 2 forms of PvP available to any player: Zek and turning in the book on any other server. Yes, they're FFA because there wasn't enough population of PvP players to continue sustaining the faction based and other PvP ruleset servers. They were merged into the most common, FFA.

It's simple to show there is enough population to sustain more than one PvP server, show up on the one that is available.

And, contrary to a statement made above, if your character is PvP enabled, you can group and raid, but you are limited to doing so with other PvPers. Yes, they can turncoat and gank you on a FFA server, but isn't that risk what PvP is about? But, remember it was on a PvP server, Rallos Zek, where Kerafym was first killed (2003: https://annex.fandom.com/wiki/Kerafyrm).
    fransisco and Yinla like this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

3 of them are boxxed.
    fransisco and Nennius like this.
  15. Eridiniara Elder

LOL, Ima reconstruct this post as it has been merged hehe to reflect and address the recursive necessity resulting from this merger ( lol MERGER) as a PvPer from 1999 to 2004...! I intend to ~ a poster....
  16. Eridiniara Elder

You are "/~...!"
    Read the entire "thread" before you reply..., I only target you because you seem to be the most intelligent of all the ~ replies......
    My new Signature,...:
    A PvPer from 1999 to 2004
  17. Cicelee Augur

Feels like instead of having FV get PVP, it would be better to have FV rules on Zek. Add the stipulation you cannot transfer off Zek, in case you cannot already. That should make the 9 people that still play on Zek happy, and avoid another 10 pages on this thread.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Eridiniara Elder

Unlikely.., as a result it would precluded all other server xfers to Zek.
  19. Eridiniara Elder

Though I believe this would be GREAT...!
  20. Eridiniara Elder

... resulting from the "Loot Rule Set of Firiona Vie."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.