GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eridiniara, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

And throw in DX 12
    fransisco and Yinla like this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Just roll a toon on zek. Why would you think you can force a whole server to go pvp? Its not going to happen.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

If you wanna kill other players go play CoD or Fortenight.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and fransisco like this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Theres plenty of red servers out there too. Feel free to find one.

This is also why the new AMA is fortuantely not gonna be an open chat. So that 40% of all text wont be "when pvp fv tlp"
    Nennius, code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

From the same 10 people over and over trying to look like more.
  6. Eridiniara Elder

I know some of the individuals, as myself for many years, do not understand the limitations of having only a Priest of Discord have placed on the game. Having the "option" to use the "Tomb Of Discord" and then having the "option" to return to PvE via the P99 DeV's "Priest Of Discord" innovation would help expand the game for many.., especially Firiona Vie where there is no option to Xfer to Zek for PvP.

You could go PvP for a day or an hour then go PvE again before raids.
  7. Eridiniara Elder

If you follow the dialogues with the Priest of Discord, you will receive a Tome of Order and Discord. If you hand it back to him, you will become a PvP player (your name will appear in red instead of blue) and be vulnerable to other PvP players. You will no longer be affected by beneficial spells of non-PvP players.

Once completed, reversing this process is difficult if not impossible
  8. Eridiniara Elder

The P99 resolution to the problem: The Priest Of Order
    If you have turned in the book of Discord to the Priest of Discord and flagged your name red with PvP... there is a fix. NPC is not classic, though was added for CSR reasons [1]
    Make your way to North Qeynos and...
    Hail, Priest of Order.
    Priest of Order says, 'Hi, I'm the Priest of Order. My quests aren't implemented yet. In the meantime, I can remove your [pvp] status if you'd like.'
    You say 'remove pvp'
    Priest of Order says, 'You are no longer set for Player vs. Player combat. You can let your guard down.'
  9. fransisco Augur

I've known people who petitioned to be turned blue again, and it worked.

This is not a useful post, because people might think its in the game. This is p99. This is not official eq.

A much better fix for red vs blue would be to allow buffing/healing of red people by blue ones.
    No one is ever red because you cannot group/raid if you are red.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Eridiniara Elder

I agree, but it may be less of a programming issue for the Devs.
    And having options to be PvP and then PvE is more desirable for players.
  11. Eridiniara Elder

read the post....
    https://wiki.project1999.com/Priest_of_Order
  12. Eridiniara Elder

You could go PvP 1 day or an hour then before raids go PvE again
  13. Captain Video Augur

Not this again.

P99 doesn't have bots. It doesn't have RMT. It doesn't have red bots who will run automated player kill scripts to defend their camps, picks and zones. This is absolutely the last thing official EQ wants to see happen. You're asking for a completely different game than what EQ is about. If you like P99's ways so much, play there. If you want the one PvP option official EQ provides, roll on Zek. There aren't going to be any other options.

Also... There was a time when you could petition CS to flip a toon back from red to blue on a once-in-a-charecter-lifetime basis. I would doubt such an option exists today, due to CS staffing cutbacks and how overloaded they are now. But you can always open a ticket and ask them, and then report back what they say.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  14. JeffHanson Augur

That's what the arenas are for. You want to go (temporarily) red and then wander through zones looking for someone who also happens to be red at that moment, and who is an appropriate level for you to duel? Good luck.

In any case, EQ PVP is a dead idea. There are too many people using the map hack and warps.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Gialana like this.
  15. Eridiniara Elder

Having options are good and there seems to be a lil bit of an effort by daybreak to combat Bots
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a PVP server. With 150% exp rate.

But its obvious from the lack of players on it that no one wants a PVP server. This is what the dev's see. Why should they alter anything PVP when players are not using the one they have?

Now if all the PVP enthusiasts were to make an alt on ZEK ( and play it in between raid times that is) and then ask for open loot or what ever else they want then the devs might look at that.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Destiny 2 has PvP. A lot of people like it. You can buy the complete game, all six expansions, on Humble Bundle right now for $20.
  18. FYAD Augur

I'd go red and deal with the pvp implications just to have a red nameplate, but not being able to recieve buffs is a silly limitation that completely kills the whole thing. I'm not even that big a fan of pvp (outside of games designed for pvp), I just want a red name.
  19. Captain Video Augur

Our esteemed CM has a red name.
  20. Eridiniara Elder

LOL.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.