Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Spacemonkey555 Augur

The tradeskill parts can be sold back to help someone buy a weapon faster, and the t1 drops can go to lazy alts (cloaks are nice for buff bots) and returning players. The items have a shelf life, they'll be obsolete in a few expansions, especially for people who don't raid or didn't get all achievements. TBL, TOV, cov, tol, NOS, LS, 4 of the last 6 expansions had these, and I don't see how it's killed the game. Coming from a raider with 1 full NOS tradeskill and 5 other characters mostly/fully raid geared, it's more than fair that groupers have one thing per expansion that can become raid level nice with extensive effort (ignoring LS melee weapon ratio lol).
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raiding all 3 tiers of raids has nothing to do with changes to TS loot and that is what we have been doing ever since they put the same tier of gear on all the raids in an expansion. It has been a long time since we had enough raids to put a different tier of gear on each tier of raids.
  3. Opal Journeyman

oh my god alts got raid gear??!? SAY IT ISNT SO!!!!! /em cries and runs away
    Spacemonkey555 likes this.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

So, your argument against raid's having a mandatory drop rate for the TS component, is it only takes 10-20 minutes to beat them? What about the multiple day lockout? I could maybe see your point, if raiders didn't get locked out for a week. If raid lockouts were on a similar to a group task, it would make sense to not have mandatory drops. As is, you could theoretically go weeks or months without a drop, depending on RNG.

You sound like a disgruntled group only player. Just by reviewing your other posts, it doesn't even seem like you enjoy EQ. You'd rather play WoW. Instead of posting useless text, why don't you go to a game YOU enjoy...You're literally worse than Waring, which is pretty mind boggling.
  5. Windance Augur

Does anyone know what the actual design goal for the number of TS drops per raid?

We've got 5 raids with 0 drops. Just lucky?
  6. Brickhaus Augur

You should average 1 per chest.

The problem with Everquest design is that they set certain things up based on average, when they should be setting up things (rewards especially) on floor (or minimum if you prefer). Chests should have 1-2 ores so if you get 2, you feel really lucky, special, whatever ,,, but you always get something. And doubling should be 2-4. Opening a chest should never punish ... only reward.

But the same guy deciding this is the same guy who makes you break down a fish to scales, and then do three combines so that you can get to something useable (pretty sure it's Ngreth deciding this).

I feel your pain though. We've now opened 13 chests in our open raids on Xegony, and most feel like we wasted our time.
    ScreentimeInfinity likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Lots of comments about chests being a "waste of time" if there are no TS items in it.

Maybe we should go back to the old days when there was also no currency. Then these chests would truly be a "waste of time".

Sometimes we have two TS in a chest. Sometimes none. Welcome to RNG. But I am confident all who are there for the chests appreciate the currency and alt loot (for those with alts, which is nearly everyone) and the spells (for now) so that it doesn't feel like a complete "waste of time".
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, please...live the life of a group player having to rely solely on the RNG, with no currency to just buy what you need.
  9. Knifen Augur

I agree with the statement, however at least in the group game I can stay put and kill over and over until the named pops, and repeat killing till I get what I want. In raids, you get one shot whatever drops is all you get for a week. Not everyone makes every raid every week either so even lower chance.
    Toukan likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, and when you raid, you earn currency. You know that eventually you'll get what you want. It may take a while to collect enough, sure...but you still get what you want in the end. Maybe you don't hit every raid night, but you still get something out of the ones you show up for so it's never a waste of time.

When group players kill a few dozen named or run a few dozen missions with no t3 drops (or necklaces in the case of missions)...that's just punishment from the devs because they hate group players.

Raiders complaining about no drops in chests just comes off as entitled whining at this point.
  11. Knifen Augur

10 coins a pop doesnt buy anything currently, and if we are talking about all things will work out at some future time if you keep at it, the same would apply to group content. In time if you keep at it youll get the drop.
  12. Allayna Augur

Except there's no loot lockout/group lockout to killing PHs.

I'm going to assume that your ask is to be able to earn a "group currency" for buying the items/augments you want.

To be equivalent to the raid experience you would need to add a loot/group lockout on NPC kills, something I hope they never do....ie you killed the owlbear and you cannot engage it again if it pops because you have a lockout.

Let's not forget that every single raider groups. We go for augs. And the experience is terrible for everyone, not raider, not grouper. The only difference is outside of augs, 99% of the loot from our effort rots, both inside and outside of raids now.
    Annastasya and Jack like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why on earth would anything apply to named mobs?

I'm talking about putting the "ores" on a group merchant and using group currency to eventually buy what you need if you don't get it out of a chest or named mob...throw the evolving items on there as well. You wouldn't need a lockout for anything, other than the existing mission lockouts.
    Windance and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  14. FYAD Augur

Sure, that all sounds reasonable, but why are you arguing against the premise of the OP instead of making your own thread to advocate your own position?
    Cadira likes this.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I was going to at first say it would hamstring the raid game, but raid guilds are full of sickos that show up night after night. I don’t know what it would take to make those people quit. Even, when raids are moving like a slideshow at 1 FPS and they don’t quit.
    Allayna likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, I was replying specifically to another poster's comment about not having currency and relying solely on the RNG...just like a group player.

Itemization in EQ is garbage...at all levels. I'm not arguing the frustration of having 0 drops in a chest on a 54 person raid.
  17. Lubianx Augur

To be honest, I really don't get the complaining about people only wanting T2 items.

Are they better than T1, of cause.

Does it mean you can't upgrade to a T1 in the meantime prior to getting a T2, no it doesn't.

Just upgrade to the T1, get other items in between and go back to T2 for that slot later when you have enough currency or you want to bid on this T2 item (if you do it that way).
    Straahdx likes this.
  18. CdeezNotes Augur

There are some infamous posters that will defend literally anything DPG does and never admit their wrongdoings or faults. One person I'm thinking of literally said DPG doesn't implement broken things right smack in the middle of a string of releasing this new UI, APs, a massive TS depot exploit, Oakwynd bonuses not working, DX11 implementation. The absolute audacity to claim that with all these absurdities going on...I can't imagine what it's like to live completely oblivious to reality.

A lot of the older players would find a way to defend DPG even if they purposely blew up their server.
  19. Windance Augur

Do you want to buy a new "T1" computer for say $500 only to spend $1000 in a few days/weeks/or months when a "T2" computer happens to "drop"?

I think most guilds use some form of point system that is vaguely similar to "cash", where you earn some points every raid, and spend those points on gear.

Buying the same slot twice gets expensive and its a "waste".
  20. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

3 tier 2 raids down. 1 ore.
    Fenthen likes this.