Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"There will never be another free trade server."
    "If you want AoCs, go play on a server with AoCs."
    They'll never make TLPs, go start your own guild on a current server and play through the expansions.

Guess, they never change anything.
    Allayna likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I didn't say that it would never happen, just that it would be unlikely as the way the loot drops there are 3 different rolls for a TS item to drop based on what type of TS item drops and they don't seem to want to make a change so that one of those types is guaranteed.
  3. Cadira Augur

From ros to tol, we were always guaranteed tradeskill gear or better from all the raids. Nos was the first recently where we were not guaranteed, but even at launch (pre "double loot") the average ts drops were pretty accommodating.

Ls drop rate chance is way less, and what most raiders here are complaining about.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Right on time. So your own made up argument, again. You bring zero facts, zero data, zero value. You spew nonsense of no worth.
    This is literally the epitome of non constructive posting and it's literally from a CRC member.

Here is the last 5 years:

1) Current year = 0-2 t1 and 0-2 t2 drops, the issue being 0 T2 drops.
    2) Last year = Same as above, exacerbated by 2-4x still not guaranteeing T2 drops
    3) ToL = 1 Universal Ore, then 2/4 later on.
    4) CoV = Same as ToL
    5) ToV = Same as ToL/CoV (with the caveat that bricks were easier to unlock on vendor).

So what is the point of you posting? Again, why are you being a watchdog?

The devs themselves had told people that getting traction on the forums is the best way to enact change. That's what this thread is. I understand being averse to people posting nonsense like pvp tlps or whatever, this is a very minor change.
    CdeezNotes and Toukan like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

All I know is personally, I geared up three characters maintaining a 65-75 percent raid attendance. This expansion has the same loot system as last year. I think I will be OK. And I think eventually everyone will also be OK.

I get this generation of I WANT EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW OMG NOW NOW NOW may not agree or understand my philosophy. And that is OK. But I think RNG is funny, but in the end we all are going to be OK.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Undercurrent's LS T2 loot:

1/6 - 2x cloaks (blah)
    1/12 - belt + power
    1/19 - finesse + wrist
    1/26 - wrist
    2/2 - finesse + legs + mask

We're lucky to be averaging 1 T2 "ore" per event, even if 2 of them are cloaks (basically dead loots). We're also rotting 3x elddar cloaks and 1x warrior weapon and 1x bard/ranger weapon, so there's that.

We're also raiding with < 30 people, please come apply! =p
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Toukan Augur

Fenthen that's a lot better then we've seen. We've beat the two events weekly since they debuted.

Total of 3 valiants have dropped.
  8. Repthor Augur

now imagin no ore loot and you get lucky and the raid also drops 3 cloaks. we had that happen that was pretty cool lol
    Thunderkiks and Knifen like this.
  9. Allayna Augur

I don't like a lot about the current gearing system.

Ore chance of zero (Only NoS and LS)

Slot specific ores. (Only NoS and LS)
    This particular bane is that *most* people clearing chests week over week are gonna be wearing at a minimum the cloak and neck evolvers and that's 2/23 slots that will be crushed for coin.
    The added annoyance is prior to this, a guild could decide to push ore to melee weapons, tank shields, whatever they choose, right?
    Now, guilds just quad split the available raids for more opportunity for ores.

Increased loot throughout the year.
    This incentivizes people to *not* play at launch or at a minimum retire and return in August to scoop loot.

I'll be the odd norrathian out here, but I think dev time could be better spent on more evolving items that make gearing customization a thing again. The 18/19 system was interesting although you need a spreadsheet to know what can stack with what...but I prefer being able to choose a path rather than getting the same tired upgrades.

Bring back mini chests for achievements.

Bring back *chase* drops...think bifold focus from RoF.

A bit off topic, but the augmentations from CoTF could use an upgrade, specialization % augments need a renewal.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

What generation you think plays this game?
  11. CdeezNotes Augur

Not the point at all. Just like Waring.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  12. CdeezNotes Augur

Then maybe you should stop posting because the more you do the more you prove how little you know about the game's design historically and how unconstructive you are? You're the living embodiment of cognitive dissonance.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

The point of the thread is that chests are not dropping T2 loot and that makes people mad.

I said last expansion, with the same loot rules as this expansion, I geared 3 characters with a RA of 65-75 percent. There were chests with no T2 in them. And yet somehow, with a "below average/poor RA" I was personally able to overcome chests without T2 items and still gear 3 characters.

People want everything right now. They want partisans done within a week. They want hunter done within three weeks. They want collections done by February. The impatience of some people is astounding to many of us.

If raid chests started dropping a guaranteed 2 T2 items, people would be mad it wasn't 3. If chests dropped 4 T2 items, they would be mad it wasn't 5.

Think of T2 items in chests like you camping that type 5 augment or that type 7/8 augment on a group named. It isn't going to drop every time. But eventually you will get it. Just like eventually, whether it is May or July or September, you are going to be full T2 geared and ready for the next expansion.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Many generations play this game. There is one, in particular, that has no patience and wants everything right now, right this moment. And if they don't, if they actually have to be patient and wait, they cry and whine on social media that life isn't fair and the sky is falling and their desires are not being met. And not every member of this generation is like that, mind you. And concurrently, this mindset also occurs among some in other generations (just not as prelevant).

Hope that answers your question.
  15. CdeezNotes Augur

People are mad because it shows their time right now is less valuable than some arbitrary date in the future when they just decide it's time for loot to double to quadruple. If people are going to collectively put in hundreds of raid hours, the devs should ensure they are at least rewarded appropriately for their time and efforts. Providing 0 BIS items is a slap in the face.

Straw man.

Ad hominem.

Slippery slope.

Your entire refute were all logical fallacies. Congratulations.
    Allayna likes this.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

It only takes 10-20 mins to beat every T1 raid.
    Takes longer to missions and get a named to spawn.

Totally fine with 0 loots. Its T1.
    T2 they can ramp up the loots. Ramp up the difficulty too. Ramp up the time it takes to win too.

If its just show up every week, quick raid, people got nothing to better to do than complain about loot, since difficulty no complaints, its very quickly done, no complaints. Now people complain about whatever is left, loot.

If everyone and their boxes have the gear too, what's left to do in EQ? Should your boxes be getting raid geared too? How does that look.

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999/comments/12wrvyo/why_everquest_is_still_the_best_mmorpg/

lurker_evo_complete
    10mo ago
    The ridiculous difficulty is why I like it.

Really now? Must be someone reviewing EQ today from what they remember decades ago.
    All the reviews are good about EQ decades ago, not EQ today.

See the hand, how many people moved? People moving just for no reason at all? Camera is twist and turning just to be sweaty and check on who aint sweaty enough in dps.
    dps meter on an disgustingly easy fight. Sweaty sweaty sweaty.
    I actually do want DPS meter, but I don't wanna download another thing for it.

All the raids in 10-20 minutes.

lurker_evo_complete
    10mo ago

Pretty sure EQ decades ago is what your talking about buddy.
    Back when raid guilds took over 3 months to beat raids? Beta isn't 3 months so people back then even if they played beta, they wouldn't beat it then, and would still be trying to figure it out outside of beta, in the actual game. Thats decades ago difficulty.

2024, play beta so they can tune it to make it easy. Can argue about difficulty if you want, but thats the top comment with the most likes.
    lurker_evo_complete
    10mo ago
    2024, why is there a 0 loot chance, thats the talk of 2024.

You see that fight, no one even moved. Pretty sure the rogues, monks, berserkers went multi raiding, raiding the fridge during those fights.
  17. CdeezNotes Augur

Learn how to formulate proper sentences.
  18. Cicelee Augur

It is not the fault of the developers that a player would rather have an extra 1-2 hDex and an extra 800hp on an item. No one says you cannot get T1 now and upgrade later.

And if you think your time is less valuable right now, then don't log into raids until summer. I am sure your guild mates will be supportive and happy with your decision.

If you want to argue there should just be one tier of loot, I am on board. Otherwise, welcome to EQ RNG and deal with it. Or whine and cry about it. Your call.
  19. uberkingkong Augur

CdeezNotes said:
    “People are mad because it shows their time right now is less valuable than some arbitrary date in the future when they just decide it's time for loot to double to quadruple. If people are going to collectively put in hundreds of raid hours, the devs should ensure they are at least rewarded appropriately for their time and efforts. Providing 0 BIS items is a slap in the face.”
    Hold up.

Hundreds of raid hours.
    Did you see what I see,

10-20 minutes.
    Not no hundred of raid hours.
    10 - 20 minutes once a week.

What it looks like is they trying extend this content, from what I read from you.

Know what would help.
    How long are people raid nights? 3 hours?
    Make the raids 3 hour long each. Give the appropriate rewards now, now instead of 0 you get 1 minimum. maximum don't change.

Now people log in twice a week for the latest and greatest loots. Put in the full hours, 3 hour 3 hour. 2 raids in 6 hours.

They busy raiding instead of complaining now.
  20. Knifen Augur

Can remove your entire post and get it down to one line about what this discussion is about and a way to fix it.