More Plat Fun!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Achillez, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People have been claiming that it is dead since before it launched and if they keep saying it long enough eventually it will be true.
    code-zero and Rijacki like this.
  2. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I guess you simply ignored the sentence in my post that literally says "While the number will impact revenue"

DEAD is a relative term...compared to other servers at this point DEAD is pretty accurate.

Fippy at this point was still screaming...

The issue with Oakwnd is not FTE the issue is two fold (MY opinion) The tradeskill depot exploit that was allowed to go on WAY TOO LONG. And the Legacy not working, and was basically not a great feature to begin with. And yes they fixed the issue with Legacy AA, but not before a large number left and have not returned.

An incentive to move away from your main character to level a large number of other characters does not play out as well as you might think.

So I agree many that continue to spread noise about the server WANT it to fail because they do not WANT more FTE servers...

The other reasons above are more about the issues of Oakwynd is experiencing.

FTE has been really well received as a whole.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, the population levels of the server does not reflect that the exploit hurt the server and it just appears another excuse that will be used by people who don't like the FTE rules on the server. This isn't the first TLP that got hit with a massive plat exploit and that doesn't generally kill the server.
  4. jeskola pheerie

Every TLP server has always had people in here posting how dead they are after week 1 when they log in for 5 minutes and can't get a group in crushbone.
  5. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Well considering I actually PLAY on the server daily, I am quite sure I am in a better position to report the actual status a very generic high medium low meter does not paint the picture at all.

Never seen a exploit that was allowed to continue for well over 7 days on any server before, add to that many were very upset after leveling 6+ character to max level and have a huge XP event yet through the entirety of the event the Legacy AA did not work as advertised.

In the past two weeks the number of bazaar traders has cut in half.

So when people who play on the server continue to make statements about the general health of the server you might want to LISTEN rather than be an obtuse forum troll.

FOR THE RECORD the Exploit caused a minor reduction that likely would not move the HIGH-MEDIUM-LOW range...

The XP event that had a monster XP bonus and the Legacy not working caused a very noticeable difference on the server. IF it did not effect the HIGH MEDIUM LOW meter then that speaks volumes of how unreliable that metric actually is.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can't judge the health of a server based on just the number of traders in the bazaar.
  7. Kahna Augur

You can't, but people aren't just going off what they see in the bazaar. Why are you so quick to dismiss the opinions of people who have been playing on the server since the start (and obviously don't hate FTE or they wouldn't have kept playing), who have played on many servers and seen the differences. They are telling you the population and activity of the server is not up to par with other servers up to this point and you just keep spouting off about the server being "high" still so it must be all good. "Low/Med/High doesn't tell the whole story, not even close.

Why won't you listen to them when they tell you all is not well, they are the one who are far more familiar with the server than you.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  8. Elabone Augur

Bro, youre judging the health of the server based on the "server population page".

Multiple people have come in here telling you that we PLAY ON THE SERVER. And you just ignore that fact. I dont know why you have this desire to perpetuate some claim that oakwynd is alive and healthy. Its alive, yes, but healthy it is not. Ive played on almost every TLP since Fippy, and this is NOT a healthy server.

Number of traders is a better measure of health than server population. People who PLAY on a server set up traders. Bots/Power Levelers do not. Server population can easily be skewed because of those 2 groups of characters. Bazaar traders wont. Like i said before, i know youre more intelligent than youre coming across in this thread. So just relax man, you dont have to win every weird battle.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I did not judge the health on that metric but it is material to point out a metric that HIGH MEDIUM LOW does not show at all...

Your complete ignorance is stunning, all so you can die on the hill of HIGH MEDIUM LOW is still on HIGH,,,,lol

This is my first TLP in a decade, but have played on 3 previous TLP servers going back to Combine...

Oakwynd population has dried up much faster...

The first drop was at Velious, small but noticeable to those who play there daily.
    The second drop was right after the tradeskill depot exploit again small but noticeable to those who play there.
    The third was the Legacy AA fiasco, it did not go well and by the time it was fixed the damage was done.

This last drop off is because several guilds have cleared PoTime more than twice. The dreaded we are through Pop decline that always happens.

Server is still viable but after May the next TLP will leave Oakwynd as a ghost town, because of the server economy. I doubt even the top guild hangs around because of the economy being so exaggerated.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

All this focus on the bazzar and the number of traders as the reason for claiming the server is dead when there is still enough people playing on it to keep it at a high server status. Just because the economy took a hit from an exploit and less people play the bazaar market doesn't mean that the server is dead or dying.

Instead of trying to keep claiming that the server is dead why not just watch and see how it plays out as the next expansions unlock and the next TLP launches.
  11. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

No one is focusing on the bazaar or the number of traders...Except it seems you so you can try and hold on to a position that simply does not matter....lmao

The number of bazaar traders on Oakwynd was a lot lower than other TLP's I have played but from Luclin Launch till about 2 weeks ago it was consistently 750-800+ at any time you checked.

For last two weeks that number has rarely gotten above 400. Now maybe you do not feel that is indicative to server heath, most people with common sense feel it is a solid metric, but it is not the ONLY metric that points to the poor server health and dim long term outlook. It is just a clear metric that it is going in the wrong direction.

Very few are claiming the server is dead. but it is very clear that it soon will be we all know a new server will destroy this server, because we play on it and have watched it devolve DAILY.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not the one who brought up traders it was others. I have been focusing on the fact that it is still one of the few servers that maintains a high population and the FTE ruleset or the exploit that introduced a lot of plat into the market didn't change that.

I am not focusing on what may happen when the new TLP server launches but what it is now and people calling it dead.
  13. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Well again you are basing your input to this on a simple HIGH MEDIUM LOW metric...

I can promise you the number of players on Oakwynd TODAY actively playing the last few weeks is HALF what it was at launch....So if it is still reporting as HIGH today, then they need to reset the ranges that control HIGH MEDIUM LOW....lol
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  14. SnapVine Augur

OK, so we can't judge server health based on actual numbers and data directly related to population, but you can judge it based on an undefined "high/medium/low" rating? I don't think you even believe what you're saying, just trying to get a rise out of people.
  15. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'm starting to think he's on payroll for damage control. Sus
    Shanarias likes this.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

You know the server is in trouble when the one person who has blindly been saying it is successful doesnt play on it nor has any valid arguments to put forth to people who actually play there.
    I have the expert on ignore - but y'all are welcome to tilt at that particular windmill ( the usual "server status shows HIGH pop, you don't know anything, your server is successful!")
    Shanarias and Tyranthraxus like this.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Whats lost in the conversation is that Oakwind was an only child TLP. It wasn't released with another, which inflated the number of players that started on it. To be at the state it is now is doubly concerning given this.

(only child is being used metaphorically, don't want it to be confused as a literal statement like chopping block was, it is in fact a server, and not a child)
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  18. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I had to log out to read the, err, full conversation. BTW, for those new to forums we had the same conversation 2 months back also.

Now someone with Eqprogression subscription should post the 3 month graph - and everyone will enjoy the moving (non)goal posts again.

Deja Vu, just in a bad way!
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The number of traders doesn't indicate the number of people actually playing on the server, that is just an indicator of how many people are trading which can easily be lower because of the plat exploit and trading isn't worth it,
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The server still shows that it is doing much better then most other ones.