Raid Chests 0 loots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Me reading and agreeing with what you said are different things. While I do agree that not getting a BIS TS item on every raid does suck I don't see a problem with it in the long run. As I have stated in other posts even if you get the BIS items there is still a chance that no one will need them depending on which one drops later in the expansion.
  2. Anjanax Journeyman

So, i did a quick math: By the start of the next beta you should have done around 280-282 raids. this will net you 6660 currency for each player and using 450 currency per item would be roughly 15 T2 items (depending on what slot you need) in addition it would hand out 420 T2 dropped items (0-3 "ore" giving per raid equals roughly 1.5 per raid). So a raid force of 54 should be all decked out somewhere around end of september.
    Cadira and Zinth like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Except all guilds have a bench and will gain apps over the course of the year, so it is going to take longer. There will also be a lot of neck and cloak drops that no one wants.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Of course you don't get my point. You are refusing to listen. Here is the conversation we had. I need you to read carefully and not infect it with your personal interpretation.

1) People said getting 0 TS drops feels bad.
    2) You said it's fine because it evens out over time.
    3) I said moving the needle from 0-2 to 1-2 TS drops is not a huge ask.
    4) You said people have complained about too much loot before.
    5) I asked you if you thought 1 TS drop guaranteed was too much.
    6) You said "no" then explain a completely irrelevant point that the drops will increase in the future. THEN you say it does suck to get 0 TS drops. (Which is the entire point 1)
    7) You posted generalized information that has nothing to do with 1-6; "there have been plenty of posts, there have been complaints about an old system, etc" Then you AGAIN say it sucks to get 0 TS drops.

Do you see the problem everyone has with you? You agree with the point, but insist on posting unrelated, irrelevant information to act against the thread, for literally no reason.

It is a BAD gameplay loop to have 0 TS drops. It is also MUCH worse when loot is 2-4x later, because you are still able to get 0 TS drops, which feels 2-4x worse, because that late in the expac, a lot less ppl need t1 drops.

Stop being this dense brick wall that has to combat every thread. You already agree with the thread, you are literally punching your own face.
    Toukan likes this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Woah woah woah. Firiona Vie would like a word with you.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I never said it was wrong to feel bad about not getting any of the TS drops, just that it is always going to happen from time to time due to how loot works. Later in the expansion people are going to be complaining that the TS drops that they did get are not needed because everyone either has an evolver for that slot or has already gotten it.

Not getting any of the TS drops isn't a new thing with this expansion and has been happening to us for many expansions. Not to mention they have made updates to how the loot system works based on complaints from previous expansions. Those complaints include to much loot dropping and TS items making the dropped items worthless because you can make any item from the drop. All of this goes into their changes in design and what drops on raids.
  7. Knifen Augur

I think the only time people said too much loot is dropping is/was during the reward phase for what ever that donation thing was that happened twice. Donate in hit a goal get extra named, increased loot. Outside of a promo like that dont recall anyone saying its too much loot.

If neck and cloak ores drop, im still bidding on em, they arent rotting while I still need drops. Ill just sell em to the vendor for raid coin.
  8. Opal Journeyman

i took a long break and came back raiding in 2 expansions old gear and still topping the parse and surviving AE just fine. It was such a freeing realization. I no longer care about TS gear. I will be looting T1 for pennies on the dollar.
    Fenthen and Anjanax like this.
  9. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

You guys have taken my gripey gripe thread about Zero T2 ores in raid chests into some dissertation on math. BTW I still think its awful that the RNG uses the number zero, if zero even exists.
    Barraind, Toukan, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  10. Izzard of Bertox Augur

If guilds don't need a month worth of ore gear to beat T2, then T2 isn't hard enough. The drop rate is broken. Or you can disagree because you just want too.
  11. Anjanax Journeyman

Well, the question that was ask was very narrowed to a 54 people raid force, not what turnoverrate you have and if RNG-Jesus hates you. In an optimal setting it should workout tll end of september, also as you mentioned the needed number of T2 items is reduced by the number of cloaks, necks and tanks that are still wearing the zek earing.

If you looking at a pure number without any other factors my math should be correct.
  12. Anjanax Journeyman

See, as a cleric i'm even more happy about this. Got my neck from the missions, leveled it up to level 4 (could upgrade it to 5, but no need for that atm) and i'm only could use the TS Breastplate.. all other items are just more hp/mana that i don't really need as of now.
  13. Bilderov Augur

What would happen if the ores dropped more frequently? Would your raid team get BIS quicker? I assume they would then start to stop raiding having 'won' the game, possibly cancel their subscription and play something else for a while?

Would we then start to see posts about how there is now nothing to do and we'll all be back around October / November for the next beta?

A serious question - I don't raid anymore, but when I did (back in the early 2000s) and people got the item(s) they needed, it became harder and harder to get the numbers as the weeks went on. We didn't panic about getting the items before the next expansion, we were concerned that if they didn't drop early on, then we may not maintain the numbers for future raids until players came back for the newer expansion.

I very much remember not having much luck on certain items. I congratulated people who did get the items they wanted. I save my DKP and then started to see our guild miss the odd raid due to numbers until we hit Summer and then no-one wanted to raid. I never did get those items until the next expansion and I burned my DKP early on that time around.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would it ever require loot that the raids drop in order to beat it? That might have made sense in the past when each tier of raids dropped a better tier of gear but now they all drop the same tier and just different slots.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

I am begging you to follow along.
    1) "I never said it was wrong to feel bad about not getting any of the TS drops" - this is a useless statement. I have shown twice where you stand.
    2) "Later in the expansion..." Not relevant. 6 months from now DOES NOT matter.
    Stop bringing up 1-2, they are irrelevant and only serve as spam.
    3) "Not getting any of the TS drops isn't a new thing with this expansion and has been happening to us for many expansions." - You are wrong. It is new. We had the universal brick system for longer than the current slot specific system. So yes, it's a new thing.
    4) "All of this goes into their changes in design and what drops on raids." - Correct, and they missed the mark here. The company is not infallible (far, far, far from it) so you do not get to use "that was the design choice" as a pillar for your argument.

Again, stop spamming and posting non constructively.
    Cadira likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, this is the same as it has been for multiple expansions where it has always been possible to get 0 tradeskill drops or the drops you get are basically worthless because no one needs them. We had this exact same issue with the last expansion and we even had it rarely after they increased the drops partway through.

In the end the developers are going to take player complaints about how loot works in an expansion and adjust it in the next expansion and as a result we have the current system that is now in the second expansion of being used.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

Again, we've had this for 1 expac, and it was a problem then. If we are going to continue to have this loot system, then the VERY SMALL gripe is worth discussing. Why are you serving as some sort of watchdog against a very small ask?
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we have had other expansion where it was possible to not get any TS drops from a raid even if that drop could make any item. Not getting the BIS items from raids isn't a new thing to the game.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

What expansion are you talking about?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't remember which exact raids in the past 5 years which dropped 0 TS items and there is no point in looking that up. No matter how much you complain about how bad it feels to get 0 TS drops it is very unlikely to change and the devs are very aware of the players dislike for that.