It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 10, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MageZerker New Member

For Mages - could we get a Group CoH AA like the single target one?

In General - could suits of armor collections get a) a full preview button and b) get a description if they are male or female suits. I saw somewhere there was a difference.
    Ileasa and Toukan like this.
  2. MageZerker New Member

Can we have an opportunity via the In-Game store to buy pre-release items from past expansions? I have bought the Anniversary edition new old stock just for the key before. Seems like a good opportunity to have another money generating set of items that people might actually want.
  3. bava New Member

Could you raise the max barter price to something substantially higher then what it currently is? I find it so much easier to sell something that way. Especially if I need some plat really fast.
  4. Shism .

Any plans to make auto follow better? Like include the Y axis? The recent stuttering a lot of us are encountering with the DX issues is making /follow even worse than normal.
    Grok, Hawfunk, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  5. Paladin Augur

There is an Achievement I have seen on Beta called 'Master Angler
    '

That is similar to this. Perhaps it could simply be activated on Live?

While I know that certain foraged / fished items carry over expansion to expansion... they did get introduced at some point, even if with the original game. I'd rather see a Fishing and Forging Achievement in each expansion, for foraging and / or fishing new stuff added with those expansions & zones. Rewards other than just the AP and / or XP / AA could be titles or plus 1% increase to chances to double fish / forage?
    KarmaKitty, Nennius and Rijacki like this.
  6. zebulikx New Member

could we have a feature in the bazaar that lets you sell a set of something . Collections, defiant armour, tradeskill combines. just a thought
    Ileasa likes this.
  7. Valcron Elder

Dark Paw Developers:

Question, Rare mobs used to have unique abilities, some with some nasty AOEs. Is it possible to bring back some more interesting mobs for us to battle with? I am concerned that rare mobs are just nothing but HPs.

It would make the game really interesting if we had that kind of challenge.
    fransisco, Hawfunk and Svann2 like this.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Why do Mercenary and Partisan quests not reward gear or expansion currency?
    fransisco, Ileasa, Barton-Vox and 2 others like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

During early Everquest priests were able to mem all imbue spells regardless of deity. It is very hard these days to find some deitys, would you consider removing the deity restriction?
    Curley, Lubianx and KarmaKitty like this.
  10. Zalkk - AB Journeyman

Can Bards get some better ADPS songs, change proc songs to flat dmg increase, better spell damage songs, better regen songs, im sick of being a rubbish dot class.. i would have played a necro if i wanted to dot stuff! WTT poor dots for better ADPS
    Curley and Ileasa like this.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Why has EQ never gotten resource nodes?
  12. cryptastix New Member

Can you make each race range in size, by 10% (larger or smaller) at random. (to all races, and same races) To make the population more unique.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Could halflings have handles on their backs? Some are so slippery that they are hard to throw.
    Curley, Ileasa, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  14. Atlans Lorekeeper

I would love someone to explain the rationale behind locked zones. In my humble opinion, if you pay for an expansion you should be able to enter every zone without grinding faction, solo quests, group missions, etc.to enter them and hopefully enjoy the content. I understand the content is supposed to last a year but does that mean we need to spend it killing mobs for key pieces, grind faction to be able to request solo or group missions for flags, etc. so DPG is satisfied it will takes us months to unlock all the zones. Surprise, for raiders it is usually trivial anyways and for casuals it might never be obtainable.
    I would rather be killed over and over exploring a zone at release than to grind to be able to enter it and discover it is nowhere I wish to play in. The issue becomes even more pronounced as the years go by and the content is trivialized. How many new or returning players really want to do all the quests/missions to progress through, for example, The Darkened Sea or Empires of Kunark?
    Most of the player base seems to prefer the sandbox (Laurion's Song) versus the theme park (The Darkened Sea) approach so why flip flop between the two? Is it to try and satisfy different factions of players or does it depend on whom at Darkpaw is in charge of the expansion and the preference of that individual developer?
    Thanks for your time.
    Ileasa and KarmaKitty like this.
  15. Tadkins Elder

I've been curious about this for a while.

During the 2013 Race and Class Combo Clash, where Wood Elf Beastlords ended up being the winner, what sort of planned lore did you guys have for the other options had they won? I'm particularly curious about Dark Elf Rangers and Dwarf Shadowknights. Would they have been traitors to their culture, or would they have simply made up an oddball sect of their society by being Innoruuk rangers and Brell SKs? What about Erudite Rogues, where would they have fit in?

I'm dying to know. xD
  16. Jenguran New Member

With the introduction of LDoN came the ability to shrink pets for classes without shrink, but something odd happened around the same time to classes that could shrink their pets without this new spell. If they cast shrink on their pet it would return the pet to the original size. If they used the new spell it would work. I understand this was to punish the people who did not purchase the tiny companion spell immediately and that caused a perceived class balance issue. What I would like to ask please, is could you code it that shrink only returns the pet to original size if the owner of the pet has not purchased tiny companion?
    Ileasa likes this.
  17. ibc93 Elder

A) There is a lot of money to be made by luring over the several thousand people who play on servers like Project 1999 & Quarm. They ONLY want an early EQ experience however.

Could you ask the TLP dev crew to consider a rerolling Agnarr server please? The server would go from Classic to Planes of Power like Agnarr, merge into Agnarr, & start all over again. It could launch later in the year when subscriptions start to wane. It would take minor effort to start the server because the groundwork has already been done & it could yield a lot of subscriptions from an untapped playerbase.

B) Hero's forge only works for Luclin era models. Could ya'll make & sell a version of the hero's forge feature for people who only use the original character models?

There's a bunch of really good-looking armor textures for Velious gear in original models but they never get used again in later expansions. I could see a lot of people willing to buy the original model hero's forge & appearance armor sets.

[IMG]

C) Could ya'll create an affiliate program for content creators? If they drive people to subscribe with an affiliate code, they could get some kind of kickback?

D) Would ya'll consider taking certain aspects of unapproved 3rd party programs & selling the features yourselves?

For example you could sell an improved auto-follow using mesh maps, a feature that will automatically relist bazaar items, a feature that automates using overseer, and a feature that allows people to use more than 1 mercenary. One of the programs is basically player-mercenaries. You could charge people double the subscription cost to be able to use 2 mercenaries perhaps at the start of a tlp.

There's a lot of quality of life features in these unapproved 3rd party programs. Why not make approved versions & profit off selling it yourselves instead of others?

E) When ya'll create the online store for merch, could ya'll sell T-shirts with the epic 1.0 models?
    Tadkins likes this.
  18. cryptastix New Member

Can you make a DPS meter and healing meter? so we dont have to read all the auto attacks and such
  19. Ineffable New Member

Are there currently any plans or considerations to allow for additional 'active overseer quests' to be ran in excess of 5? Perhaps a purchase from the overseer merchant for a large quantity of Tetradrachms, an in-game questline, or possibly a marketplace purchase?
    Curley and Ileasa like this.
  20. Acromegaly New Member

Since TLP servers require an active sub, would it be out of the realm of possibility to simply remove the 'prestige' tag from all items on regular servers for older content - possibly previous to CotF? New players who are lower in level (Heroic character lv 100 or 85) considering subscriptions to EQ have no exposure to the better versions of gear or items.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.