More Plat Fun!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Achillez, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Achillez Elder

Price of krono went from 1.2M to 2M in 2ish weeks on Mischief - it's that time a year where platinum growing on trees again. Wonder where these generous trees are this time? Anyone know what zone they are in?
  2. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Price is droppin on Oakwind, maybe the hoarders are just moving to the more profitable server as oakwind gets ready for the chopping block?
  3. Achillez Elder

Ah that would make sense. I've recently seen alot of old names pop up in barter buying large amounts of krono that I have not seen since the last giant plat inflation period 4-6 months ago (not countinng spike because of the tradeskill exploit that rebounded quite quickly).
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The plat reward for doing the key quest for the tower is pretty significant and can be done every hour.
  5. Muramx Augur

They are snatching them up, to prepare for the new TLP.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Iyacc Augur

I don't think anyone is buying up krono at 945pp(I think?) per hour.
    Dre., Appren and Lineater like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Oakwynd still maintains a strong population, there is no indication that it is getting ready for the chopping block. There are plenty of TLP servers that maintain a low server population that are older that would be much more likely to get merged into another server then one that is still hitting a high server population and is under a year old.
  8. Grimblekin Journeyman

I think more likely people are preparing for the release of HoT.

Loyalty venders unlocking will bring a huge potential influx of plat to the server. Krono prices usually skyrocketed on other TLPs in HoT because of this.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Tyranthraxus Grognard

How many TLP's have you played Waring?

It's not about server pop or number of Bot's, it's a general feel, and the approach of Gates of Discord. There will be a mass exodus when the 25th tlp drops. It may not kill it, it may Cornaiv it, remains to be seen. But the chopping block is coming lol.
    Shalom likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How many TLP servers have they shut down after a single year? And Cornaiv lasted for 5 years before it got merged. I am not saying that the population won't drop when the next server comes out but talk about being on the chopping block is premature.

And if people are thinking of moving on to the next server to escape the FTE code I would suspect that based on how the server has done so far they will likely continue it like they did with true box and AoC.
  11. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'm not talking about them shuttering the server. I'm talking about the part of the server that actually makes it feel alive. The reason people play on TLP's instead of live servers. Thats about to take a major hit for Oakwynd.

I have recently started playing there, and it feels way more dead than others I've played in the same era. 90% of gen chat is ae powerlevel bot spam. The lag pile in PoK is way smaller. In general it already feels like cornaiv did when it was dieing. The DX 11 rollout shrank it even further, and plat inflation is insane. Apparently 0.22% is enough to inflate prices 1000% over other servers in era.

There are some very nice features in the Oakwynd ruleset, FTE isn't one of them. I had to let a Druid who was assisting me leveling die because they stepped away for a minute and I couldn't taunt their charm pet off them when it broke. I play a raid tank and thats not acceptable gameplay in EQ.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Oakwynd is just 24x7 PL spam in gen chat - I have over 50 chars ignored and adding to them.
    The population, compared to the other TLPs I have played, at this juncture (PoP), is very bad.

Oakywnd PUG scene is dead most of the time outside Peak Hours. Again, very bad compared to how other TLPs were at this juncture.

@Tyranthraxus, don't engage with Waring. He doesn't play on Oakwynd, and goes by Server status (high/medium pop) and will boggle you down with random stuff he thinks is insightful. Join most of us who have him on ignore, so you can discuss with others (like you and me) who actually play on said server and so have a valid opinion.
    TLP Addict and Dre. like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not sure how else someone would take a statement that a server is on the chopping block especially when you follow it up by mentioning a server that was shutdown early because of low population.
  14. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

So Krono prices on Mischief and Oakwynd were the same till a week ago.

That should say something about how badly the depo big destroyed Oakwynd (0.22%...).
    SnapVine likes this.
  15. jiri_ Augur

/shrug

I play on Oakwynd. The feeling on the server is that, as soon as the 25th anniversary server launches, Oakwynd's population will crater, and more heavily than happened on Mischief or Aradune or previous TLPs. The legacy AA bug upset people, and the plat dupe has ruined the economy. Basic tradeskill items like spider silks are nearly at Live server prices. PUGs at any level/planar tier below BoT are dead. I don't think the server is going to be shut down, but unless the 25A ruleset is totally botched I think Oakwynd will be below Mischief in player population by summer.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I never denied that as the population will drop when a new TLP launches unless it is like Mischief and the new server doesn't have the same desired rules. The issue being the claim that the server is on the chopping block instead of just saying that there will be a population drop due to the new server.
  17. Kahna Augur

So... you are arguing semantics because you don't like the term he used. Which everyone else understood to mean the population will drop to an unplayable level, not that they would close down a year old server. We all know they are happy to let unpopulated servers sit for years. Now that we have cleared up that no one actually thinks they are closing the server down, perhaps you can find another thing to argue about?

The population of Oakwind is already lower than Mischief. At least in eyeballing it. 500+ traders in Mischief compared to 300-ish on Oakwind. The AFK buff spots are more populated on Mischief, more guilds out doing things. I ran into more random people out leveling. Oakwind's PoP population is a clarion call on how plain TLPs, even with fancy "perks" are no longer going to keep the population happy.

At this point a new Mischief style server would bring back the players who left that server but I don't think it would have as big an impact on Mischief as some people might think. Those folks made it this far, they unlocked the QOL features that will make it hard to go back to a fresh server, they are going to be motivated to keep going.
  18. jiri_ Augur

That could very well be! Oakwynd is not in a good spot right now. The triple-whammy of legacy AAxp being bugged, the massive inflation (don't give me 0.22%; spider silks are 700p in PoP and key 65 raid buff spells are still 250k+ despite multiple guilds clearing Time), and the red wine quest bans have hit this server really hard.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Tyranthraxus like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, because there is a big difference between saying that a server is on the chopping block and that there will be a population decline. Especially when it comes to new/returning players who are looking for a server to play on. Reading that a server is going away is more likely to scare them away from trying it then saying it is going to have a population drop.

I think this all goes back to people hoping for the server to fail and go away because they don't like the FTE rules.
  20. jiri_ Augur

Oakwynd will be Vulaked. It will continue to exist, but there will be no point in playing on it compared to all other servers. My guess is that four guilds will make it through Omens of War, but by the time Serpent's Spine releases in January 2025 it'll be down to one consolidated guild with very few players outside that guild.

I like the FTE rules and the idealized version of the Oakwynd ruleset generally. Rules aren't the reason this thing is going to decline into irrelevance.
    Keella and Tyranthraxus like this.