In Progress Can no longer access desktop from game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Using the window key to get to desktop no longer works.

From both windowed and full screen window key and D just alternate between EQ being windowed and non windowed, the buttons on the top right when in window mode do nothing either.

Clicking anywhere on the screen changes it from windowed mode to full screen. :rolleyes:

Can we get the option to go back to DX9 and get rid of this mess. Was reported on both beta and test.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Did you try alt-tab? Worked fine for me a minute ago. I'll have to check the other methods you mentioned, I don't use those.

ADDENDUM - I tested the other methods, everything works for me. Sorry I can't be of help.
  3. Subpoena Journeyman

This is happening to me as well. Can't minimize EQ (or even alt-tab to my browser, etc). This is urgent!
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

From fullscreen mode I can no longer-

alt escape to clean desktop

alt tab to anything else, it just refreshes the screen.

The only way to get to a clean desktop is alt enter to swap from fullscreen to windowed, then minimize the window manually.

also-

ALL windowed formats leave the bottom edge of the window offscreen, making it a royal pain to get ahold of the upper edge to resize it, then drag it back on scree, this resets with every windowed / fullscreen swap.
  5. Tempr33 New Member

I'm having the same problem as OP. While 3 boxing, I can't change to a different group member. Getting to the desktop is a nightmare now.
  6. Derek Lorekeeper

Same as all above.. and the Gamma issue too.. and I can click on my new raid charm (Hunter has been completed) item now but its still worse than the raid item from NoS... WHY WHY WHY :(
  7. Subpoena Journeyman

Seems to be an issue when in Full Screen. If I switch to windowed mode, I can minimize the window. This is going to be a deal-breaker for me and my 5 boxes if it doesn't get fixed soon.
  8. Subpoena Journeyman

(be sure to "LIKE" the post to get the DEV attention)
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

can't tab out from fullscreen, can't see in Windowed...

/looks at test server thread(s)

/ponders
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

already done on first go.
  11. Jack Elder

I had this when I logged in. I had to completely log out and back in. Working fine now.
    Ryanald likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Fake News!

lol

Zero change, same behavior on 3 different PCs.

The patch, the patch. It Broke alt escape from fullscreen. (and was talked about in Beta!)
  13. Ryanald New Member

Yes, logging out/in, and eve restarting the PC didn't change the behavior. FS mode is broken.
  14. Jack Elder

So both times I've had this problem have been when I tried to tab over to other windows when zoning. /shrug. Still annoying.
    MadMonk McJunkPunch likes this.
  15. Jaguarjpalt New Member

Same here - Can't go to WIndows Desktop from fullscreen mode.
    As others have mentioned, I can Alt+Enter to exit fullscreen, then Windows+D to successfully get to Desktop..
    So tell me - if I'm boxing two clients in fullscreen, and I want to log into TS or check something on a browser, instead of just [Windows+D], am I going to have to [Alt+Enter] then [Alt+Tab] then [Alt+Enter] then [Windows+D]?
    That's ridiculous
  16. Ryanald New Member

This issue can be reproduced at the character selection screen without even logging in.
    MadMonk McJunkPunch likes this.
  17. Horse Journeyman

The only way I have found to minimize EQ is to use the bottom right corner of the OS desktop... that will minimize *everything*. Using the top right hand corner of the EQ window just goes back to full-screen instead of minimizing the window.
    Getting out of full-screen is proving very challenging as well. :confused:

UPDATE 1: Using the minimize-all option prevents you from playing EQ. I cannot click anything and it just minimizes after a short delay.
    UPDATE 2: And now since I cannot interact with EQ, I cannot figure out how to exit the program cleanly. I have resorted to killing it from the task manager.
    mercury890, Joules_Bianchi and Sita like this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

alt & enter keyed together exits fullscreen mode to windowed mode, which gives access to the OS Minimize [ - ] at the top right of window.

Tedious.

o000o---( ' u ' )---o000o
    Ryanald likes this.
  19. POPS New Member

can no longer get overlays while in full window along with not being able to alt tab to desktop files explore etc.. any fix for this junk
  20. Jaaimi New Member

I am having the same issue. Alt tab switches from windowed mode to full screen mode and visa versa. Switching to windowed mode does not allow me to shrink, it only displays the full screen mode. I can not load another account nor get to a clean windows screen. I'm so tired of updates like the recent UI updates that screw up the game for myself and others.