Druid’s ability to recoup mana

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jack, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Can't run while rooted... if you can click it off fine but that makes the root pointless irritation rather than a drawback
    Kaenneth likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

I'm still soo confused how this leads to a raid wiping
  3. Jack Elder

There are multiple emotes in raids where you need to be able to run away from the raid, move to a certain location, which you can't do if you are rooted. This means, if you are rooted and get one of those emotes, the chances of that causing a raid wipe are pretty high because the standard fail mechanic for those are usually large AOE nukes or dots that love to melt people.
  4. Allayna Augur

I can think of 2 off the top of my head in ToL that silence the entire raid if one person doesn't run, for instance.
  5. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Berserkers have been dealing with rooting themselves for years and yet they seem to be able to click it off and move to emotes just fine. The high chances of a raid wipe are overblown.
    fransisco and menown like this.
  6. Spacemonkey555 Augur

If they're called, melee dps is zero while running anyways so losing the buff is minimal loss, and they can reengage with all but that one ability at high value to the raid and have 3 reposition abilities iirc. A druid's mana regain after death leaves them either useless if abandoned or slightly useful if attained. Not equivalent to anyone trying to be reasonable. Zerkers know when they can get away with it and when they can't, which raids it's a bad idea on, etc. Druids can hardly pick when they die.

Self inflicted root/blind for minor benefit is a dumb idea, but if you want to inflict it on druid keep it apples to apples and have it be a 1 minute dps aa that stacks well with druid burn rather than a recover after death mana regain, and then just keep rolling it out until all classes get blinded/rooted during use of their standard class abilities. If it's fair for druid/wiz/zerker it's fair for everyone.
    Jack likes this.
  7. Gr8fuldave Augur

Honestly, since they lowered the mana cost of the AA nukes, I seem to manage mana much better now. I guess those AA nukes were what was really draining my bar.
  8. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Your response does nothing to address his assertion that having to root themselves in order to recoup mana was raid-wipe risky. It's a patently false assertion and only serves to distract from his original post. Wanna put forth it's a dumb detrimental effect ... sure, but the sky is far from falling with having to deal with self-root.
  9. fransisco Augur

I think it would be fun and flavorful if druids got more tree illusions.
    They could double down on it. While in tree form, they could have an aura that helps others regen as well.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

If the magic wielding tree must be immobile...

Treants are sentient trees, move using their roots and have strong physical characteristics. Adequate lore for regenerative boosts and damage boosts (if inclined) with no mobility issues.
    fransisco and Jack like this.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

Truly wonderful post, that's now hidden in an ignored thread about druid mana recovery that's now more focused on treeform in raids than anything related to druid issues.

I'd report as a new thread for more attention and discussion.

...and seriously ... treeform? ... we are spending time on treeform?

(I don't meme or video clip, but you can pretend I inserted Allan Iverson's rant about practice here)
    Jack likes this.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

You can still use Mistwalk while in treeform. :p

Getting off topic, but as masters of teleports, Druids and Wizards should get vastly reduced cooldowns on their Mistwalk and Netherstep abilities.

I'd love a super mana regen treeform for druid. I hate da bear.
    alanus likes this.
  13. fransisco Augur

Treeform druids could randomly drop mana fruits (anywhere under their canopy, so not at the player's feed). The fruit is like a mini chromatic haze. Eating it makes next nuke crit.
  14. Jack Elder

Am really excited to see they made a small change to mana boo. 1% of your mana per tick while boo bear is out is a start. Can't wait to test it out after patch and see if it's going to be worth casting now. I see chanters also got a boost to their gather mana. Would have been nice to see those in the patch notes.
    Sprooce, fransisco and Fanra like this.
  15. Allayna Augur

It is exciting to see *some* improvement to the druid class, but it falls pretty short of what is needed to have parity between the priests.

A quick look at magelo lists the highest mana druid currently at 484784m.

484784 x 0.01 = 4847.84, we'll call it 4848m x 13 *growths* in the 5 minutes = 63024m + 12916m for rank 3 of Emboldened Replenishment fulmination at the end = 75940m every 5 min if casting on cooldown.

vs.

823 x 13 = 10,699m which is what is currently the mana bear + 12916m for rank 3 of Emboldened Replenishment fulmination at the end = 23615m every 5 min.

vs.

117K m from hitting the AA canni every 2 minutes.

Clerics need a boost to DPS output, I don't cleric enough to speak on how to make that happen.

Druids still rank dead last for healing. I'd almost rather a hybrid heal (beast/ranger) since they have near instant speed target of target style heals.
  16. Brickhaus Augur

They just raised wizard 5m mana aa to 75k ... perhaps they have 75k on the brain...

At least the mana bear has 1% instead of a fixed number (doesn't look right now like there is a max return on that) so may have a little future proof in it. Also maybe the resolve number will get bigger now (I know, I know ... a druid can dream though...)

I don't think druids (or anyone except "broken mage tricks") will ever come close to shammy canni though. At least we're not being lapped 4 times any more...
  17. Allayna Augur

The druid cap is 100Km.

[40218] Growing Exuberance
    Target: Pet Owner
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 5s
    Hate Mod: -1
    1: Increase Current Mana by 1% up to 100000
    Text: The exuberance of life refreshes your mind.
    Returns 1% mana to this pet's owner.

151,880m vs 585Km in the same 10 min period. If you add in the shaman canni spell and spiritual channeling, yes we are still getting lapped 4 times.
  18. Sprooce Lorekeeper

Hey folks, where did they post about the change to the mana bear? I don't see it in yesterday's patch notes..
  19. Allayna Augur

It isn't posted, but you can the spell parser and load the test patch to see spell changes.
    Fanra and Sprooce like this.
  20. Sprooce Lorekeeper

Ah cool, thank you!
    Fanra likes this.