Alternate Personas FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Cidran Augur

Thank you for the long-awaited FAQ and also for working hard to have this new feature ready for Laurion's Song.

Some points I don't understand too much, like, why not allow us to resurrect our own corpses from a different persona? Would've been a cool reason to level Cleric...

I think this system was a great idea, it could use some adjustments, but I'm still hoping it will prove useful on launch day:)
  2. blood & gufts Augur

gotta say that imo, that they made themself a big disfavor by not having having things decided b4 releasing info about ap in expansion thing.

Then people could speculate and come up with wild things, and could then only be disappointed.

They could have stopped most of those speculations fast.

Also they should have been faster with that info
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. blood & gufts Augur

Because you would then be able to pl yourself, die on main, rez on ap and so on.
    Cidran likes this.
  4. Cidran Augur

True, I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for the insight.
  5. coltongrundy Augur

But that would have meant less expansion sales
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

You understand that you can literally do exactly that RIGHT NOW...just make an alt.
    Ileasa, Micker99 and Gaylon like this.
  7. Bilderov Augur

It's not for me. I'm glad I've saved the price of an expansion this close to Christmas. I may look to get it later in the year for the extra levels etc.

I'm disappointed that you can now even swap race as well as class? Personas were always a stretch to the imagination for me, but being able to switch from a dwarven cleric to an ogre shadowknight just seems daft - it takes away any personality you've built on your main.
    Gaylon likes this.
  8. Ashreign New Member

I almost never bother to post on the forums but I just wanted to add that locking it to fast camp zones makes this almost exclusively useless. I will just camp my alt in the zone I am in which is much faster than this. I am fine with the slower leveling post 110 but this just kills it. What a disappointment and at the expense of so much of the group game in the expansion to in order create it. I would suggest you really start doing some player polls to find out what your players want because you are so far off base its really quite silly.
    Cavall, Micker99, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  9. Krazzi Elder

This works exactly how i expected it to. It was never meant for you to be able to get a mission and use all the skills and abilities of every class to complete it.
    Voxvixen likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

What about keybinds? Can I have a different set of keybinds on my AP? Currently alts on the same account dont get different keybinds unless we use a separate folder.

Oh, and quest turnins. Could I do a quest on my main then turn it in on my AP to get the xp?

edit: Ill probably be trying this out once my main is maxxed.
    edit2: just realized this is the faq thread not the questions thread!
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Nobody was asking for that. This is just yet another ludicrous claim made by people that for whatever reason - intent or just ignorance - keep spreading false information.
  12. strongbus Augur

Q: What will the process be to change into the other personas? Certain zones, NPCs, timers, etc.
    A: You may not change personas if you have an out of combat timer, and you must be in a zone that is a fast camp / non-combat zone or a starting city.

If your going keep this in, at lest come in and tell us why.(and I want the answer to be from a derv or other employee of the company)

What is it bout being able to change personas in non fast camp/non-combat or starting city that makes it powerful/game changing that you won't let us do it?

This one thing right here is the biggest thing turning a great idea in to a crappy idea.
  13. HerdingCats Journeyman

I have to say, the alternative would have been way too powerful.You could then FD flap yourself to an area you could otherwise not be able to get to by yourself, switch to a rogue and get past the locked door, then switch back to whatever. Playing that would be awesome, but I think it would be bad for the game.
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. coltongrundy Augur

because you would be able to change your monk to an enchanter to give your group mana regen buffs and then switch back to your monk when your group doesnt have an enchanter. we can't have that.
  15. strongbus Augur

if that the only reason then it crazy. even with the restriction you can do that. just takes a few min longer to do the switch.
  16. Null New Member

In no way would hat be bad for the games live servers. You can do basically the same with just a rogue alt on a F2P account. have the main die in the zone you want to get somewhere hard to get, have the rogue alt corpsedrag the body to wherever you want, rogue alt pops cleric merc which rezzes main, you now accomplished the same thing.

Or just use a bard alt and doubleinvis your way there.
    And that isnt even counting the absurd hours it would take to level the rogue to max post 110 as a persona. Without achieve exp the time requirement is insane post 110.
    Dre. likes this.
  17. Cannikin Augur

I wasn't particularly interested in APs to begin with, but this FAQ really made me laugh at how worthless this "feature" is.

Won't be touching alternate personas with a light-year long pole.
    Ileasa and Gaylon like this.
  18. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

uhm i can do that just as fast with an alt... if not faster

takes me 30 seconds to load in my parked enchanter, cast group buff.... log out again..

takes the same plus out of combat timer if they allowed it by personas... (now it will take much much longer since you have to go back and forth to the city)

and then i won't have to struggle with shared inventory...
  19. Micker99 Augur

I still can not understand your big benefit and excitement. You are excited to level up a ranger to 125(not 120 anymore), get max AA, when you already have a max aa ranger, so you have another toon to use for a 4th mission? Why not make another alt? You must be one bored dude, to want to do that and really what are you gaining?? You don't enjoy the mission, unless you are boxing 4 characters instead of 3 lol? Honestly, I'm really trying to understand the benefit you are trying to explain.

Even if what you were saying was a good reason to make an AP, wouldn't it be MUCH better, if you could just switch to your ranger or whatever persona, without having to gate back to some fast camp zone, switch and then get back to the group? That is the issue people are upset with and what is taking away the real use for these, not just some time filler.
  20. Raymond Lorekeeper

Not allowing switching out of combat in any zone relegates AP to /gems level curiosity rather than a game changing feature like mercenaries. Very sad. Please reconsider the decision.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.