Alternate Personas FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Dec 1, 2023.

1. yodo Augur

Much better idea, just ignore those people. EQ is not a competitive game and the "race" is nonsense. If you want a real race you should allow fast swapping anywhere to see how different guilds can optimize it to win.
  2. SteamFox Augur

Easier said than done, and thats why I suggested easing the restriction after Tier 3, give em 9 months to optimize it for next year's race
  3. Krrast New Member

I'll be honest, if I wasn't a raider and needed the expansion to do what I enjoy with my guildmates I'd be asking for a refund right now. The complete lack of any sense regarding the decisions made to how personas are supposed to work is utterly disgusting. You've taken everything that could be good about personas and slapped a piece of tape over the leaking garbage bag and said "They'll love it!". I don't know who made the decisions, but you should consider a new field of work. I hear the vape shops are hiring like crazy for people willing to blow smoke to make sales.

Swapping only in starting cities/fast-camp/non-combat zones? Great for people running 6 boxes or with a full fellowship group that can campfire back....trash for the rest of us

Lore locked augments? Not horrible for Tank main/tank persona, DPS main/DPS persona, Caster main/caster persona...trash for anything besides that.

100% effectiveness? See above about gimping a persona out because you're locked into a set of augs for your main!

Shared timers? uh...what's the point of swapping to a different character that I have to level separately if I have to share timers with another character AND don't receive xp from those timers like the original completing character???

No gear storage? Glad you got around that one by making me go to a banking area to swap to the other character, thats the one solution you got right...by mistake I assume since you failed practically every other decision!
  4. zarcal Elder

The only possible use I can think of is you do a mission and a no drop Caster Item drops or is in chest you can loot it with your SK and when you play your caster it will be in inventory. Not a big enough benefit to level AP vs Alt .
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Saves them a lot of time and frustration working on class balance. Just make a new persona and level it up via Overseer. Fun!
    Matburns and Metanis like this.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

I think the only thing I don't like is how lore items would be handled.

My main is a berserker and I have a max-AA warrior on my wife's account. She REALLY likes to play berserker and is unwilling to tank, so I was looking forward to leveling up a warrior persona so we could play through current content together.

Unfortunately, berserkers and warriors share a lot of the same AC/hDEX augs in their gear, so my warrior persona will always be hamstrung by my needing to put the best augs on my berserker main.

That doesn't mean I don't like the concept of course. I REALLY like it. I will definitely use it. It doesn't bother me that I have to be in a non-combat area to switch because it's still better than I have right now.
  7. Shortina Journeyman

So, if you can't have more than one lore item, does this mean if I want to use that type 5 crafted aug, on my main and alt persona, I have to first remove it from my main and then attach it to the second persona's gear and then back again to get back to the main? That is a bit painful, and I suggest you work on some build manager feature that allows us to store already acquired augs on multiple persona armor. Here is hoping for some new all/all gear and augs that work well with any class?
    The only real benefit I can see to things is difficult to get achievement, like no poke on a melee toon. Still having to swap rewards around and augs and other content specific rewards sounds more cumbersome and time consuming than the benefit.
    I think I agree that just making things account wide would have been easier. Maybe work on a collectible/ornamentation depot instead.
  8. Null New Member

What an absolute waste of dev time. Seriously considering just refunding my expansion purchases for both my main and newly leveled alt account.

This has a ton of downsides and almost zero upsides if its restricted to fast camp/starting cities to switch, an alt is superior in almost every way on live.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

This would be challenging since you'd have to leave the item on the body, go to your home town, etc., change personas, then come back to the body and loot the item.

Any word on how the loot windows work in this type of environment? Do they stay 'owned by the account using the personal, or the original toon for which the item dropped?
  10. strongbus Augur

they have said personal share invtory. so if you loot on on its in the bags for all to get
    Ndaara and Swiss like this.
  11. Bernel Augur

Actually, this situation is a benefit of personas. There's just one inventory for all personas. No matter which persona loots it, it's available to all personas. I'm not sure about the advloot window ownership with regards to personas.
  12. Swiss Augur

My understanding is you could just loot in on your current then its in bags so when you swap later you can equip/save it to the persona gear set.

Still not a fan of the number of restrictions and penalties over just leveling/using all the alts I have already. They really need to absorb type 3s into spells and just stop with the hassle already, especially since every year they are late and I guess take a lot of effort to add? Some classes it's minor dmg but others like bard is a whole tick to our songs so missing those until some random date after launch is annoying.
    Ileasa and Fanra like this.
  13. Herf Augur

The question wasn't about it staying in ones inventory after looting, the question is if you switch personas to have the new personal loot the item that dropped for the previous persona, will it till be in a normal loot window, or will you have to wait for the thing to time out. Particularly since you have to zone out of a combat zone to a non combat zone to switch personas.
  14. strongbus Augur

No you don't understand. let say i do a mission on my bst and i have a clr personas. I can loot the item on my bst and go to a non combat zone switch to my clr personas and the item will be in the bags and I can grab it and equip on clr.
    Ndaara and Swiss like this.
  15. Bernel Augur

Yeah, you wouldn't swap personas for looting. All the personas share the same inventory space. When you swap, it's all the same bags, armor, and everything that the other persona has.

But I did a test on Beta to see about the /advloot window. If you swap, there's nothing in /advloot. If you swap back, there's nothing in the /advloot. If you "right click loot" the corpse after swapping and swapping back, noting is in /advloot. I'm not sure if that's intended behavior or not. I'm not sure where the loot goes when you swap. Regardless, you would not need to run back to town to swap in order to loot. Just loot the item no matter which persona you are and it's in the same inventory for all personas to have access to.
  16. Marton Augur

Well, raid races .... Most raiders have geared up alts and know how to play them. Nothing keeps raid leaders from swapping entire groups in, or just a needed class for something etc.

Personas would just make that little easier.

It's unfortunate that so much devs time was spent on a feature that could have been great but ended up underwhelming.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

I want to stay positive. But I just don't see how this makes money for them. If anything it could result in more Alt accounts allowed to expire and fewer expansion sales for those high hour Alts. Not to mention a significant increase in Customer Service issues as they work through a thousand unanticipated bugs and oddities.

And what a huge distraction from taking care of DX11 and UI issues. And the freaking ever-present lag issues that have driven me to the point of just saying Eff it. Manager-level people need to be re-assigned, demoted, or fired.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Kaliko Augur

Everyone complaining about the fastcamp zone requirement must be TLP.....I see personas as a way for someone who mains say a Warrior in Raids/Groups might want to play a Beastlord when no tanks are needed in either but still keep his achievements because they're extremely hard to get in this day and age of no groups or people going back to old content. It's great for those of us on regular servers that raid and want to play/experience different classes.
    Cimbaeth and Cidran like this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Two points... will adding a BST persona to your existing account add any income to DBG's bottom line? And when raid gear drops are you going to spend your DKP on Warrior gear or BST gear? (That could be fun for a guild to manage going forward!)
  20. Tegamdar Apprentice

My desire was to max out all personas. I would have then swapped to a different class when needed to help out my guild or group as needed. Am I the only one who had that intent? Now I have no desire to buy the extra slots or even level them. DBG strikes again with their horrific decision making. Whoever decided to take things this route needs to be fired.