Alternate Personas FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

They were saying that because the code to do all that is ALREADY IN THE GAME.

Turn on the Oakwynd heirloom/legacy code for all servers and apply the Overseer achievement code to all achievments and you're done. There would have been nothing to waste time on, development-wise. All that extra time could have been used to make more content.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Matburns like this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

A few things (my perspective is radically different from all the complainers here):

1. The tutorial zone needs to be treated the same as a starting city and allow persona creations and swaps.

2. Without an armory-type storage solution for equipped persona gear, this is going to fail regardless of any other factior,

3, Merc sharing is still broken on Beta as I write this (mid-day Friday).

4. Because of multiple Beta patches since the last Test patch, it would be nice if we could see a refresh on Test before it all goes Live. Beta will be shut down before Monday.
    Metanis and Barton-Vox like this.
  3. coltongrundy Augur

Don't use that one thing to defend personas. They could have just made keys account wide and solved the problem. There's no need for this convoluted system that consumed all that dev time just to fix the problem of keying alts.
    Annastasya, Rikantiz, Hobs and 2 others like this.
  4. Micker99 Augur

How does an AP help your zerker? I don't get what advantage you think you are gaining, with an AP over your alt?? Can you explain that to me?
  5. Fullwin Journeyman

I came here to make a similar suggestion... just like they once added areas away from cities for bind affinity purposes, which could be limited to fairly small areas within larger combat zones, I hope they can do that for personas as well. IMO almost anywhere there is an NPC who gives out missions or a grouping of vendors should also be a place where we can swap.
  6. Alnitak Augur

I can do NoS missions with the ranger Persona, although zerker persona is currently benched and gets TA's only. And mage Persona will do pet-friendly missions.
  7. coltongrundy Augur

why? the tutorial zone is literally 1 zone line away from a starting city. Something that only effects your first 10 levels is at the very bottom of the list of issues with personas.

it sounds like you have the same perspective as the complainers here.
    Matburns and Iven like this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

When a mission (or situation in general) is pet-friendly I'll play the mage persona, when melee-friendly I'll play zerker, rogue or beastlord persona, when range dps is required I'll play the ranger, druid or wizard. All on the same character. And when I redo the mission for alts, it'll make similar choices.
  9. coltongrundy Augur

how does doing the mission as a mage help the zerker though? I'm not even arguing at this point, just an honest question. I never played any expansions past TSS. In what way would your zerker benefit from a mage completing a mission? You're really going to grind mobs to max level, and AA, and gear a persona just handle one-off missions for you? and how does that help the zerker? Surely you could just find a way to get it done on the zerker in less time?
    Micker99 likes this.
  10. Micker99 Augur

Why can't you just do the missions with your alt?? You would level up a ranger to 125 and get all the AAs again, when you have a maxed alt ranger on that account, so you can get credit for a mission with your Berserker? That's ridiculous. There are TWO missions in this expansion. You have a raid geared zerker and are worried about a group mission lol? You either have WAY too much time on your hands or aren't grasping the concept.(Post above is asking pretty much the same question, because it doesn't make sense).
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Why can't they use personas if they want to? Why does it bother you so much?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  12. SteamFox Augur

Yes (at least on beta)

The entire point is for main swaps, alts do just about everything else better.

Q: If I heroic 4 personas, then delete the entire character will I get 4 heroic tokens back?

Q: Most of the people who are pro-fast camp only swaps are concerned about "exploits" during raid races. Once Tier 3 is done can you let us swap anywhere again as long as we are OOC?
  13. Jiggity New Member

What's the point of this?

You don't get an experience bonus for leveling max level - Might as well have done an alt.
    You don't get additional storage space - Might as well have done an alt.
    You share lockout timers between personas - Might as well have done an alt.
    You can't delete personas if you want to have a different race/class combo - Might as well have done an alt.
    You Lore items can only exist on the character between all personas one time - Might as well have done an alt.

I don't see how there is any point to using this feature, whatsoever. It's like having an alt, except it sucks more? Why?
    Molybedium, Hobs, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  14. Tarasqua New Member

"Why can't they use personas if they want to? Why does it bother you so much?"

I can't answer for them but to me it's a garbage feature that I have no interest in (like overseer) that wastes the developers time when they could use that time to actually create new content in expansions instead of giving us newer and lamer versions of old zones or maybe something that the community has been clamoring about for decades, like idk an epic 3.0?

I't doesn't really affect me though as I haven't (and wont) buy anymore expansions since the lame velious rehash that was 2 or 3 expansions ago. I will get my fix on TLP servers.
    Micker99 likes this.
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

So you think it's a garbage feature, good for you, vent like a lot of us have. No need at to to go after others and try to stop them from buying the expansion and using personas, if they don't agree with us. Anybody can ask me all day why I got a refund for the expansion, and I will gladly tell them. But not once will I try to convince them that they shouldn't buy it if they see some value in it. That's just bully behavior.
  16. Alnitak Augur

Hmm, that explains it "I never played any expansions past TSS".
    Here is what happens these days when I log in after work:
    I want to do NoS missions for the equipment for my alts, for cloak evolvement (+2% per mission), for mission currency, AA's and in generally play time. So I start assembling my team. And when I get to the account whe my zerker is I need to pick a character to play. For the first 3 rounds of missions I pick the mage, ranger or bard. And on the fourth round I look at my zerker and bench him (i.e. he is in the mission and get mission reward at the end, but I am not actually playing him). He is replaced by a silly merc in the group. Once Personas go live and I level up a ranger, bard or mage on that character I'll actually play and ENJOY the mission more than just standing outside watching paint dry. When the mage (as you have asked) completes the mission all the personas benefit in form of currency, cloak evolvement, loot etc. Zeker would get all that even from the bench, but as a mage I actually get to play the mission.

And Persona leveling is just a speed-bump. Starting in June this year (that is about 6 months from the expansion release and raid achievements checked off) great many players on BB have had their Cloaks fully evolved. It takes more grinding and missions to evolve the Cloak than to level from 110 to 120 without progression rewards. People somehow forget that. Most of raiders has the Cloak evolved many moths ago, that means they did more grinding than it takes to level up a character. Persona leveling to the max will not be a show-stopper.

And for me, playing and doing missions is more valuable than getting the mission rewards. Play time is why I play, not gratification of the loot. So, I want to play my character, not just zone in for the reward.

And having mission-capable Personas will allow me to compose more teams for the missions out of my alts, Instead of 6 mission-capable crews I'll have, say, 9. So I'll be able to run a 9-mission blitz instead of 6-missions ina row without the need for making more alts and buyng more accounts.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Are Hero AA shared?
  18. SteamFox Augur

Intended to be, but aren't yet.

Hopefully TS AA get shared also, auto grant doesn't help you with the 4k Mastery AAs you need and having tradeskills "shared" but capped at 200 vs 350 because you don't have them isn't very..shared.
    GrandOpener likes this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Thank you.
  20. Zish Elder

...What is the point of this feature? It's simply alts but with limitations. What were you thinking?