Test Update 11/07/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 6, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Pezz New Member

We have no "bonus" experience message on test. The experience seems to be regular experience. Should we be getting the Extra-Life bonuses on test?

Thank you for any responses.
    Hobs likes this.
  3. Briwanderz New Member

not sure if it was caused BY the update, but test is not getting the extra life xp bonus currently, some in /general chat said it was working before the update.
    Hobs likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

How long has the world been up? It takes up to an hour for scripts to all run.
  5. WhatUptime Journeyman

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Nov 07 22:11:57 2023

Character: Level 120 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: I have just got Blood Reavers Combat Proficiency 125 at level 120.

I don't even have the expansion.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Full screen is very dark now.

Tabbing out to desktop from full screen is not working anymore, it no longer takes you to desktop. You can click on icons at the bottom of screen and while on a web browser EQ flashes yellow. If you close the browser EQ comes to the front and you cannot interact with it.

Clicking on the EQ icon at the bottom screen refreshes the screen and you can once again interact with it and it is also back to its usual brightness.
  7. Meeko Developer(Code)

All the Extra Life bonuses should now be active on Test. Sorry for the delay.
    Eaiana, Cairbrae, Hobs and 2 others like this.
  8. Deloehne Augur

Overseer: The UX performance improvements are noticeable, but now the behavior on starting a quest leaves the player on the select quest tab, where it used to move to the active quest tab. This may affect the number of over count quests started.
  9. Spacemonkey555 Augur

This is a great change, if it's a bug leave it in.
    Moege, Hobs, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  10. Kalamos Augur

It was intentional, and i agree, its a great change.
    Moege, Hobs, Cairbrae and 3 others like this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why the heck would anyone want to keep a feature that forces you to do an extra click to get back to where you need to be?

If staying on the Quest list tab is now the default action (I'm not on Test), this is a FANTASTIC change and one that should have been there from the beginning.
    Svann2, Barton, kizant and 1 other person like this.
  12. Cairbrae Developer

I'm not able to reproduce these issues.

For darkness, have you changed your gamma settings away from the default?

For, ALT+TAB and ALT+ENTER, what is your Windows version? Can you send me your dbg.txt log file? Are you launching via LaunchPad?
  13. Cairbrae Developer

It's not a bug, it's a new feature!
  14. WhatUptime Journeyman

This seems to be a new bug (for me, never seen it before)
    Category: Other
    Date/Time: Thu Nov 09 09:47:23 2023

Character: Level 120 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: The Great Divide 29732

Description: Char lost all of his aas. Got a refund on all the spent ones (over 30k). Char has been maxed for quite a while and spending glyphs. He is in a fellowship and sharing experience with another low-level char. Most of my other chars are in the fellowship but not currently sharing experience.

Spent some of them and then tried /exit
    and quick relogin but all aas but the spent ones were lost (it was a last resort attempt).

It also did not re-grant all the autogranted even though auto grant is enabled (and has been from the beginning of this chars life).

[update]
    Looks like I missed an error message and I had to spend some of the 360 i got left with to go below 240 to get autogranted. I am back to autogranted + the few aas I bought before camping.
  15. Thunderkiks Augur

Is it possible to not make this change to conversions? Its going to make the task of converting difficult. Not sure if its possible to exclude them or not but figured I would ask.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is good for conversions as well as it is nice to be able to start 2 or 3 of the conversion quests when possible without having to switch tabs between each one.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No idea on the gamma on PC, I've not touched that in years and it has been fine. The other issues I'm also having in beta.

Always launch via launchpad.
    Happening on both windows 7 on PC and windows 11 on laptop (beta).

I'm away from home until Thursday so can't let you have the dbg file for test, only have beta and live setup on the laptop.

Beta dbg any good to you? if not I'll see if I can remember how to set up test.
  18. Cainen Augur

This is great, Thank you. Since you're making changes to overseer, any way we can get the ability to retire event epics. Have 4x Avatar of Cazic and only the 1st one actually works is frustrating.
    Or let us use the extra ones even if the first is incapacitated.
    Thank you.
    Deloehne and Nennius like this.
  19. Angahran Augur

I didn't think there was any restriction on retiring? (I guess if you try to retire the only one you have blocking that would be a good option.)
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

You can't get rid of event agents. I think *maybe* you can use the lower level agents for conversion (which is useless if you already have all agents), but if you have dupes of elites, you're literally stuck with them.

And given that the event tasks are all bugged (if you have a crit success on recruit tasks, you get the agents, but it doesn't "stick" in the achievement window, forcing you to do it again until you get a normal success; same thing for any of the event tasks), you may end up with 2+ of each of the event agents and no way to get rid of them.