Alternate Persona

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Tucoh Augur

from: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...and-expansion-pre-orders.292996/#post-4249280

So, looks like no answers will be had today. I don't think there's an ETA on APs being available on beta.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That or Rogue so you can sneak to the camp site fully shroud of stealthed.
    Vanda likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The screen shots indicate that each class is available and as you need to purchase a slot to use it seems that they would be leaving money on the table if you are limited to what classes your race can play.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5. uberkingkong Augur

Buffs
    Say your a ranger

Enchanter AA they give permanent illusion, rangers do not have this AA.
    So while your an enchanter, illusion ogre. permanent.

Very convient.
    Have to think about AAs skills too.
    Bard invis/uinvis boom

Wizard port
    Enchanter illusion self
    Bard invis/uinvis
    Change to ranger during pulls get those headshots in early (well everything summons so nevermind)
    Change to debuff class pulls help every single debuff mobs
    Change to class where you pull the mob quickly and devour them everyone to berserker
    Vanda likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would hope that all these scenarios have been considered already as they are simple to think of.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, was how I saw it, hopefully the team has addressed the issues around the potential class/race combinations if it does mean all races can access all classes with AP.

Then again they could pull a "from way out of left field" and every persona has some former shroud model....like Berserkers are Bears, Enchanters are Fairies, Wizards are a floating eyeball etc which would I think completely kick the system into the "ugh that sucks" category.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

I think you are thinking about AP all wrong. We need to turn into the skid.

Allow switching at any point. No lockout timers on switching back or to something else. Let the floodgates open as wide as possible!

Can you imagine the raid race now? Instead of just beating the content, we get to see who can be masters of their own class domains! Everyone swapping to a healer for a heal, a tank if getting hit, pets popping in and out of existence, utter chaos! And we might finally get the answer to the age-old question we've always wondered ... can you win with a raid of 54 SKs?

NO LIMITS BABY!
    Sprooce likes this.
  9. Slasher Augur

Without needing an extra person in your fellowship to create a campfire :) Switch all 3 toons to rogues make a camp switch back :)
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yah that possibility would be bad. We just need to get more details on how the system would work.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I just cannot see swapping personas on the fly like that happening at all, there will be a condition required to swap, such as not being on any hate list or OOC and also a Cooldown of some sort.
    Buffs will be kept separate between personas just like they were with shrouds I reckon so no buff exploiting either.
  12. mh272 Custom UI Updater

That's what happens when you /betabuff!!
  13. DeadRagarr Augur

I mean there is a bunch of ways to fix that. Probably the easiest is simply restrict the area you can swap. Great you can swap OOC inside a city/PoK/Guild Lobby/Guild Hall. You can get some extra buffs <Assuming you have leveled and gotten the correct spells>, but that isn't too far off from lag piles anyway. And I mean buffs placed on a group member since it would be trivial for them to strip buffs on swap.

As for buffing in TLP, just because they are available to use in TLP doesn't exactly mean when <Similar to how certain items mechanics are locked behind expansion releases from DayBrokeStore. Could be when POP hits for instance it releases and they just literally lock it inside PoK/Guild Hall/Guild Lobby only.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

Yes this is good.

Well its a lose lose.
    Solo players forced box, really a lose even though EQ gets another $$$$
    Boxers self themselves changing through all their personas and buffing each other

Roleplaying, well lose lose lose
    Won't need to find that enchanter by the PoK stone giving KEI
    Won't need to ask around for that mage 115 DS in the GL

Just self sufficient boxing.

Yet they don't put in any boxing UI boxing friendly stuff even though this style play encourages boxing.

Boxers can get full buff with personas.
    Why can't I a regular player, I still have to ask everyone and they going to eventually tell me, consider boxing.

Lose lose
    Lose lose lose

If its going to benefit boxers greatly, why not let self buffs, boxers going to be buffing themselves 100% why does the solo player have to suffer even more?
  15. Knifen Augur

Hadnt of even thought of this most wonderful side effect of personas, can we finally get rid of the all the drains on the server of AFK bots sitting in the path of getting to the GH waiting on buffs. Blocking walk ways, not shrinking, masses of useless data sitting in my way could all be gone with this.
  16. Cadira Augur

I might have read what you're saying wrong but - the ach rewards give less % for higher lvls than at lower. So it appears to be a set amount of XP regardless. Hence why tov missions can take a 100 to 110 but a 11 to only 113
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That wasn't my understanding and someone else already corrected that understanding.
    Cadira likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Someone logging into their enchanter buff bot is such amazing roleplaying.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think your definition of roleplaying and my definition are totally separate things. I don't see that much as defined by D&D roleplay these days. I see people playing characters, but I haven't seen a troll talk like a troll since the days of Crul on TZ. I used to roleplay my dwarf rogue, had the accent and everything. Now I just log in to socialize.

Logging on an enchanter to sit around waiting to KEI people isn't roleplaying. It is logging in a character to buff another. There isn't any "verbal" exchange beyond, "Anyone have KEI?" to which the enchanter replies, "Meet me at the small bank." That's not roleplaying.

I think what made me stop is voice chat. I couldn't actually talk like I typed, so it took away the magic for me.
    Ozon likes this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Probably not in this lifetime.