Monks....

Discussion in 'Melee' started by JPete, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Rogue should be top melee DPS, monks come around the same as zerker, and beastlord should be below them. Ranger would come next with Paly and SK, and warrior last, as long as the warrior can hold agro.

Top for caster is always wizard. Then Necro next, and below them should be mage and lastly Druid.

Where are bards and Chanters? Trick question! Much like Clerics and Shaman, Bards and Chanters can't DPS, that's laughable to even ponder such a world!
  2. Tegila Augur

"bro" lol...
    if these parses were burn parses in teh gear you listed, im sorry. we had bsts burningdouble waht your bst was in even less gear. looks more like both are slacking just one slacking more. as mentioned though, not a good mob to look at parses from.

what'st he aa difference? time played? what things were used to boost dps, group makeup, etc etc etc.

you want to compare , go do a string of 3-4 permarooted non-silencing mobs with 2 3 5 min killtimes, both classes busting their butts no slacking, come back with those parses, the list of tools used (like glyph/7th vs none) and you may get more sympathy if the story's still the same, but i guarnatee you taht the numbers are going ot be much higher either way.
  3. Sinestra Augur

I'm still stuck on the fact that someone actually uses the term bro so often still.
    anthraciteMT likes this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'm sad that more people don't think rangers should be on top :(
  5. Obiziana Augur

Bro, what's wrong with saying bro now and then? But let's be honest bro, monks are at the bottom of the heap these days. Let's look at what monks used to be able to do bro, and it's obvious that they no longer have a spot bro.

Pulling - Dead art form bro, and everyone can pull now if/when it's needed.
    DPS - Bro, everyone beats a monk these days.
    FD - It's sold in a bottle bro!
    Mend - Bro, it's still cool, but you can buy heals in a bottle, get a merc, and all hybrids can self heal just as well if not better.

What else can monks do bro?
  6. Sinestra Augur

I hope you drown in your self tanner.;)
    Mykaylla likes this.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Sleep on raids without anyone noticing?
  8. Nedrom Augur

Replace your 1hb weapons with 2 x h2h and try again.
  9. Nedrom Augur

Sounds like you need to educate yourself on monk abilities, you won't find much of that info here, head over to Monkly Business, there are a lot of guides there for disc/aa to boost your monk.
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

wtb more plz
  11. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I shall do this!

On a side note, outside of Alla's and eqtraders, I've noticed tons of EQ centric sites have disappeared or are no longer updated, so it's made it more difficult to find this information. Now that I know Monkly is still running, I'm on it like mustard on a pretzel!
    Nedrom likes this.
  12. Piestro Augur

Don't hate bro.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  13. Sinestra Augur

This is why we can't have nice things.
  14. wingz-83 Augur

This is what you get when you fall asleep on your keyboard.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Aggememnon Elder

'Bro' joviality aside, monks really do need some help, and I hope this gets addressed soon.
    My personal take on it is that monks have been sliding down the dps tree since HoT. Up to and during that time, we were competitive with rog/zerk, even winning the odd parse. Hybrids dps boosts have been massive imo, and while zerk/rog have stayed well ahead of hybrid dps, monks have fallen well behind. I'm not really sure the reason why.
  16. savrin Augur

Thanks for the nerf beastlords thread. Your class envy is awesome. Especially since one our main nukes was not even upgraded. Any monk that cannot beat a beastlord in parses is a slacker and not playing their class well.

While I agree that monks need help if your monk cannot beat or be equal to a beast you suck at playing your class or were watching tv at the time. It's not the beastlord or devs fault if you suck at playing a monk so much a beastlord beats you with ease. Monks burns are way better than ours and we don't a high dps disc we can use every few seconds for 100k+ damage.
  17. Hatsee Augur

Sorry, no.

Very few people have been able to catch a good beastlord on a combined parse for quite a while, your class is quite insane in that regard. As for burns? Your class does burn harder than monks, unless someone posts up 120k dps monk burns over a minute I'm not inclined to believe otherwise.

Monks do need something, but this thread doesn't prove anything at all and the numbers are a bit confusing and really, really, low, for both parties.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nedrom like this.
  18. Falos Augur

I don't recall mage sustained DPS at level 85. In SoD and underfoot burst dps pretty much was more important than sustained due to the nature of events in those expansions so I mainly was more interested in watching burst numbers. It wasn't until house of thule, and more specifically alaris and beyond that sustained DPS became a far more important number than just big flashy burst numbers.

In regards to level 85 mage burst DPS though, mages weren't exactly dps gods in UF vs. melee dps that had raid weapons but Mages could do around 17-18k dps on a burn in UF where as rangers and some other classes could burn for like 23k give or take. SoD was a really good expansion for mages (and wizards) but underfoot really turned the tables on those two classes. Underfoot is probably the weakest mages have been in the last several years. The mage class has slowly crawled out of that slump though and has been MUCH MUCH better in alaris and RoF than mages were in UF.
  19. gnomeboss Augur

this is the dumbest thing i've read in 2013. bl is a monster. the best ones dominate like a 17-year-old texas seventh grader playing JV football.

monks are still paying off some imaginary debt because they can mend and AoW pants had 60 ac. it's time to let that go.
  20. Pizacatto - CT Augur

With my bard in the group, I'm bursting out 28K's left and right, though most crits for spells are in the 5-15K range versus yellow mobs. If I click all my bard boosters, and go for broke on the mage (silent casting, twin casting, etc), I can lay down some pretty impressive damage, but sustained DPS doesn't actually double for the 12 seconds of Twin Casting, it gains about 50-70%.