Monks....

Discussion in 'Melee' started by JPete, Jan 21, 2013.

1. JPete Lorekeeper

We suck bro....

I realize some classes should own us in DPS, but Beastlords? C'mon bro...

-- Mostly T2/T3 VoA raid gear--
    /G Lady Nevederia
    Beastlord + pets 13964k @23390dps
    Monk + pets 9966k @16666dps

I would litter this with more, but it's all the same story bro. I don't care that beastlords are in a good place right now. That doesn't mean they deserve to be higher than a pure melee who cannot cast any spells.

Monks need some serious help when it comes to DPS. We already have just about all of our unique abilities farmed out everywhere. Now people can just eat something and FD on top of being able to Fade all the time.

Pulling is a joke these days. The only real handy thing we have left is Mend, but considering hybrids now own us in DPS and they can just heal themselves that doesn't make Mend all that unique either.

C'mon dev bro's... fix us. You are our only hope.
  2. Axxius Augur

A parse from a mob that does AE push + spinstun is great for proving a point. Not.
  3. Agrippa Augur

Monks have been on a downward spiral in dps for quite some time. My main for a decade hung up his gloves during HoT when a beastlord he grouped with regular started him with a fraction of the aa and lesser gear. It's gotten worse since, with a bastard class outshining the parent. Monks should be just under rogues and berserkers, but well above hybrids.
  4. Kilzit New Member

By your parse looks like to me the Beast was playing his toon you were not.
    Ishtass and Nedrom like this.
  5. Hatsee Augur

Beastlords have done well on sustained parses for a very long time, but truthfully if you are looking at them right now and not your mages or necromancers or wizards or rogues and are in awe of what they can do then never ask for a parse from a better guild.

This is not to say monks don't need something... But what it is I don't know.
  6. Hatsee Augur

Kekekeke?
  7. Recnarp Augur

Beastlords are fine, but monks do need help.
  8. Siddar Augur

Worse parse mob ever.

Show us a parse from Dagarn the Destroyer, Lord Koi'Doken, Jorlleag instead.
  9. Shang Augur

Only class that needs boosts is Rangers.
  10. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Monks do just fine. Last time I parsed one, they were barely paying attention and were still pulling 12K DPS. I know when I play my 72 monk, I feel the DPS is lacking, so I think I'm not playing it right.

I use flying kick and autoattack. What else should I be doing to up my monk DPS? Are there other abilities that don't share the FK cooldown?
  11. Falos Augur

12k dps? sounds like a level 80-85 mage.
  12. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Like I said, he wasn't paying attention, he was just autoattacking and watching TV.

And, how do you get a mage up to 12K DPS at 85? My parses for my 87 mage put it around 3.7K sustained DPS for a fight. Rank 2 spells, all the purchasable damage AA's, and t2 HoT gear. WTH, man?
  13. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Turn on auto attack
  14. Ronak Augur

Your monks will do a lot more DPS if you let them tank the raid bosses you know. Just sayin'
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

BL + pet should always out DPS a Monk. Take the pet away and see the result.
    Pre-raid gear, the BL pet I believe out-damages the BL.
  16. Tanecho Augur

What's the point in bringing the monk then? Just add another BL, does more damage and extra buffs.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

Monk = pulls
  18. Explicit Augur

Monks are pretty awful in EQ right now.

Pulls? What are those??
  19. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Everyone knows that's a bard's job.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nedrom like this.
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Monks should probably be somewhere below a rogue/zerker but definitely above a BL in dps....and Rangers should always be on top :D
  21. Buds Augur

I was wondering why on FV I see VoA monk raid gear for sale and no one ever buys it. All other gear sells fast, but the monk stuff just sits there. Monks used to be THE class awhile back, what happened to them?? They should be doing rogue/zerker dps or pretty close. The hand to hand weapon ratios are incredible, I would have assumed that monks would be close to the top in the dps dept..