Producer's Letter October 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    The tempo quickens as the sweet melody of a Song floats by on a breeze.

As the warm days of summer loosen their grip and give way to the cool breeze of fall, it begs a reminiscing of how far we have come this year. There was already so much accomplished by the time the July Producer’s Letter came out that to think there has been more is downright dizzying. Night of Shadows is still available at 25% off, but only until Oct. 9, 2023, at 11:59 PM PDT. This discount applies to all editions (Standard, Collector's, Premium, and Family & Friends).

Fundraising is underway for Extra Life, and we are over halfway to our goal as of the writing of this letter, I have no doubt we will smash our goal and set next year’s bar higher still. We have some fantastic group, individual, and fundraiser incentives. Be sure to check out the Extra Life Guide for how to join Team Darkpaw if you have not done so yet.

With that being said, let's look at what has happened since the last Producer's Letter shall we?

Completed
    July
    August
    September
    Now for the part you've been waiting for...information on EverQuest's 30th expansion: Laurion's Song!

[IMG]

A door appears, and the heroes of Norrath walk through to find a warm and cozy-looking building. Light from the windows illuminates a clearing in a forest. Music and voices, as well as the tantalizing smell of cooking meat and mead, drift in the air. The inn’s presence invites adventurers to rest and revel after exhausting and dangerous exploits.

Welcome to the Realm of Heroes, the place where the greatest heroes go when their adventures are over. Nobody remembers the last time anyone entered or left this place. Can you discover what the mystery is that lies under the façade of comfort and revelry?

Laurion's Song features a level cap increase to 125, new zones to explore, new raids, quests, and missions, and much more. Also new for this year, take advantage of Alternate Personas where you can swap between different classes quicker while retaining your current inventory, crafting skills, and flags.

Beta and pre-orders for Laurion's Song starts on October 10, 2023. It's going to be your first chance to get a sneak peek, help us test, and earn yourself a sweet beta reward.

That's not all that's coming soon. The DirectX 11 API port, which has been on the Test server since mid-September, is on track to make its way to live servers this month has been postponed. Next month is the Extra Life Game Day, as well as the Extra Life server bonuses! The Feast of Giving and Raid, Raid, Raid will return next month, so prepare yourself for fun in November! December will see our annual Frostfell and New Year’s events, as well as this year's expansion launch.

Upcoming
    October
    • 2023's Expansion Beta + Pre-order
    • DirectX 11 API port goes live is postponed, please see THIS.
    November
    • Extra Life Game Day - Help us raise funds for the Children's Miracle Network.
    • New Content for Feast of Giving
    December
    • 2023's Expansion Launch - EverQuest's 30th Expansion!
    As the sounds of 2023 begin to slowly fade into the background over the next few months, I'll begin work on the public 2024 Roadmap. EverQuest has a big year coming up and I cannot wait to share what we have in store for everyone. So, with that, this producer’s letter has come to its end.

[IMG]

Until next time, sit back, relax, have a drink, and listen to the song of the trees,

Jenn Chan
    Head of Studio

Sturmlocke, Mikana, minimind and 10 others like this.
  2. -----Cinexa----- Elder

3. Zish Elder

What does this even mean?
  4. Leseul Journeyman

I read it as FFXIV style job swapping, will be interesting to hear more
    fransisco and Keeden like this.
  5. Keeden New Member

Thats how I took it, but that seems pretty complex for EverQuest. Maybe an extension of the Shroud system that is a more robust than it is now? Curious to find out what it is.

Edit: Or account-wide (per server) inventory, crafting skills, and flags.
    Barton, Hobs and fransisco like this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Gnome Monk, here we go boys!!
    Troll Clerics!
    Dark Elf Rangers!
    Chowa likes this.
  7. Pops Racer Olde Faht

What is the confidence level of this?

Folks, if you haven't looked yet, go over to the TEST forums and read what people are saying about the DirectX 11 port. Make sure you are ready for this (there are things you may have to do on your machine), and learn what has not been fixed yet. Those problems will probably go live.
    Barton and Hobs like this.
  8. Bernel Augur

Win7 systems seem to be having more problems with the DX11 port. Anyone on Win7 should load up the Test client and make sure it works for them.
  9. fransisco Augur

Class swapping like FFXIV sounds awesome.
    In FFXIV you can't switch jobs if you have agro (so not in combat). It'll probably work the same way here, must be in ooc regen.
    Imagine getting all 16 classes leveled up and geared.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

11. Barton The Mischievous

So we are going to the "Realm of Heroes" where the Greatest Heroes go to retire.
    and we are getting Alternate Personas
    Hmm are these Alternate Personas perhaps these retired adventurers????
    Modern Shroud System or FF "jobs"

Sounds like Shroud 2.0 to me but I hope I'm wrong unless they managed to make it amazing.

The big question is really is the new DX11 port ready for live ???
  12. Slasher Augur

No offense but if you're still running windows 7 idk what to tell you. It's a 14 year old OS that MS no longer supports so you should not expect many companies to keep supporting it also as newer stuff comes out that does not support windows 7 and is out of daybreaks control.

As for this post. What it take 5m to write that up ? Lackluster at best.
    Dre., Fenthen, blurpppa and 3 others like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome to Zombie-Mode EQ.
  14. Zish Elder

But why does it say "swap between classes quicker"? We can't swap classes as it is.
    blurpppa and Toukan like this.
  15. code-zero Augur

I'm seeing a giant shared inventory here with the ability to switch characters and have the same inventory available no matter the class. Maybe even and in game character select that camps you straight to the selected character
    Keeden likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

That is what the feature is
  17. Kovalit New Member

You can currently camp to char select and swap to a different character who presumably is also a different class.
    My guess is they're making it to where you can toggle to an alt without having to camp and making all the stuff mentioned shared account wide inventory etc. Not sure how that's going to work with piles off clickies,x class only items and so on but we'll see. So consider shared progression flagging, shared banestrike etc? But those are achievements are those considered flags?
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Doesn't say swap between characters quicker.

Class-swapping on the same character? Shrouds 2.0 seems more feasible than that.
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Ready or not, it's on track, brace yourselves!
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have dibs on Lifeboat #1.
    Yinla, Fenthen, Metanis and 1 other person like this.