Test Update 9/12/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airamas New Member

Upon opening the Inventory window, the cursor is not pointing to where the game thinks it is. Futsing with the UI scale slider also fixes this problem (even when setting it back to the "bugged" scale value).
  2. bobokatt Augur

God please give us an option on THE LOGIN screen to OPT out of the D11 upgrade. Just like the UI update, there was eventually an option to OPT out, yet that was in the actual game. For these changes for D11, it needs to be at the login screen level. This is the oldest game. I have been playing this game from 2001.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

According to Windows Update, I was completely up to date. When I ran DXDIAG though, it was apparent that wasn't the case. I updated the C++ suite, and then patched Test. I had no crashes, and no funky textures or colors. I'll check in a bit to see if I can duplicate the results Skuz had with new character creation and the tutorial.
  4. bobokatt Augur

5. Quick New Member

Someone in this thread mentioned to check 'Use Default UI' before selecting a toon to get into Norrath. I've done that, but it still crashed. The load music stutters, then like two seconds later CTD.

I've installed the EQ loader, had it install a new instance of EQ. Tried to log into the toon in question and was successful. So, it has something to do with the files from my original installation. Running the 'check assets' tool did not fix anything.

What are the UI files? Maybe I can just remove them
  6. Scila Augur

Quick - see if Mapping is checked and uncheck it see if that lets you in. It's in the game configurations before you log in.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Ok so I created a new character, successfully entered the tutorial, and played a good way through. I did exit to PoK to get a mount buff and a merc. The only thing I noticed was some sluggishness in PoK. Running Win10, fully updated, and update drivers for my video card.

EDIT: Forgot, the ONLY other weird thing I was, the queen spider in the tutorial was not visible until I got to the top of the ramp, though her name was. Once I had aggro and backed away so the merc could tank, her model once again disappeared, but her corpse became visible once I moved forward again.
  8. Bilderov Augur

As well as the blue tint to my inventory icons, I find that all of the quests panels in Overseer are corrupted. The images for the quests are non-existent and the text for the quest name is barely readable.

They do work fine when you click on them though.
  9. Quick New Member

MIP Mapping? I turned it off and still the same result. I turned EVERYTHING off, like new character models, mounts, all the graphics settings, sound, and left the resolution at 640x480 / low detail... still no-go.
  10. kizant Augur

You'd have to at least be at the server select screen to see eqgame.exe in your process list. It wasn't clear to me. Are some people not even getting that far?
  11. coltongrundy Augur

No. If i try to run the game without the launcher (patchme) immediately get error "Failed to load the graphics DLL!". If I run the launcher, as soon as I click the Play button I immediately get the error "Failed to load the graphics DLL!".

Everyone talking about game crashes when I zone or game game crashes at character select, I can't even get eqgame.exe to open for a second.
    kizant and bobokatt like this.
  12. bobokatt Augur

Me exactly.
  13. bobokatt Augur

On a side note, are you on Windows 7 perchance?
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Cannot get test to load. All it does when I press play is go to a black screen, it stays there for about a minute then just closes. I have the updated C++ files, direct x 11 on windows 7 machine. I have several PC's and cannot get test to load on any of them with windows 7.
    bobokatt likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Only thing I have noticed so far is all the icons are tinted blue.
  16. bobokatt Augur

I am just going to assume that Windows 7 is FUBAR with this. As NO ONE has stated that their Windows 7 with SP1 and all updates actually work, I am just going to say that with this update ANYONE still on Win7 is SOL.
  17. Deloehne Augur

In Vergalid Mines. NPC names are offset from the NPC itself, by a substantial amount. Also, everyone's least favorite forage, Rabbit Meat, is its ordinary color when in inventory, but is a nice blue when on one's cursor.
  18. Thundersnake Elder

I wonder if turning off Texture caching would solve many crashing issues.
    https://imgur.com/a/hcF0DVD
    [IMG]
    Also disable the new UI engine helps with overall performance to an extreme degree.
  19. Bernel Augur

For imgur images, you want just the link for the image rather than for the page. Right click on the image and select "Copy Image Link". Then do add image with that link:

[IMG]

Here's your image which is https://i.imgur.com/n4Cfk1o.png:
    [IMG]
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why would they do that? I am genuinely curious.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.