Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Taladir, Jun 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taladir Augur

The scene: Nagafen's Lair on a typical Saturday morning.

What could possibly explain this volume of un-resurrected corpses from a single player?

A death loop for a poor soul foolish enough to bind in a dragon's lair?

No.

[IMG]

This person is not foolish at all, but rather, following the new meta: bind near rare, previously impossible to solo mobs, then bind rush them repeatedly by casting one DoT spell, dying, and then using the 25% mana regained on respawn and continue the cycle.

Players are using this perk to creatively solo raid mobs, in era, such as Phinigel, Fight, Dread, and Terror, piling up upwards of 100 corpses in the process. It's also commonly used on this player's target: Sol B giants for that sweet loot.

It's also redefined the new early TLP raid meta. Guilds expect players to pick up the perk so they can bind rush targets that they don't have the gear or numbers to kill in traditional fashion. Often times people bemoan they don't enjoy this play pattern, but it's so powerful, it's unwise not to use it.

Can we consider some fixes, such as a cooldown of 10 minutes on the de-level perk, restricting binding in dungeons, or players starting with 0% mana on respawn? It seems like we could keep the spirit of the perk without making it abuseable in the current manner.
    WokeCat, Wulfhere, Recondojoe and 3 others like this.
  2. Rolien Elder

I had to look up the challenger thing because I had no clue what it was.

Not losing exp if you die in combat? What the heck that shouldn't be active on TLP. I got the adventurer one because 5% more exp and 10% more gold but no exp loss is insanely over powered especially since that explains the corpses. Freaking what the hell.

I gotta give credit where credit is due. GG this is probably the most pay to win thing I've seen yet.
    Bailen and Taladir like this.
  3. Denmer New Member

It's no level loss, not no EXP loss. You still lose EXP, if you have any at least.
  4. Bailen Augur

Yeah. I can live with a little boost to exp and cash loot, but this is a bit much.
  5. Reallydude? New Member

absolutely. even with FTE this gamer is WAY WAY WAY to hard. for the next TLP they should just sell level 50s in bis with bags. eliminate the pretense of using their power levelers and potions
  6. Reallydude? New Member

wait till you find out there's a max level and it's currently 50 so xp loss is inconsequential. level lose is what ppl are talking about........
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That isn't what the perk does, it just prevents loss of level through loss of xp due to combat. Granted once you reach the point where you have no xp into the current level it is the same but the prevention of the loss of xp isn't what the perk is.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Great for taking DTs on raids and not having to worry about xp buffers or having to group to regain lost xp.

I can sit at 50.000 and not care how many times I die, classic rezzers love it because most regular DT takers are fine with a 0% rez which saves a lot of mana.

If a handful of people are coming up with creative ways to use it then whatever, more power to them. The pros outweigh the so called cons which aren't that big a deal.
    Appren and Koshk like this.
  9. Rolien Elder

In short

It makes raiding easier because people aren't worried about losing their level so we can rez people in combat with a 0% rez for less mana.

Wow it's almost... like it's.... Overpowered and pay to win.

It's a pretty damn big deal.
    Taladir likes this.
  10. Koshk Augur

Agents of Change are on every server now, right?

Not sure why I should care about how other guilds go about rezzing their members. Doesn't seem to impact me in the slightest.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

It's just a perk, that for the rough cost of a cup of coffee per month, makes life a bit more convenient, it's hardly game breaking in a raid.

0% rezzes were regularly used before the perk, people just had to make up the experience lost outside of raids
  12. jeskola pheerie

This part sounds ridiculous. Leave the crap guild and join a real one?
  13. TheBigDaddy New Member

Not my cleanest kill I will admit

Adaam
    OldTimeEQ1 and TLP Addict like this.
  14. Zenziarius New Member

I personally hate it. It's a cash grab by DBG which ruins the spirit of the game.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Vaniki looks far worse than this when players are delevelling to do the lower level achievements. They aren't using the perk they are using the EXP recovery AA.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  16. TLP Man New Member

It doesn't matter what side of the argument you are on, this poster has no clue what they are talking about.
  17. Muramx Augur

Nothing new. Like already said guilds want tanks to get the perk so they can pick one to eat the DT, take a 0% rez, when it's about to pop off the DT they get a taunt in and repeat.

There is always some gimmick people come up with in the game. I remember when just before an expansion would come out with a level cap increase, people would suicide an entire level then load up their box group and get that cap level back up to full exp then log. Soon as the expansion went live they would rez the 20 bodies and get a free level. The only difference this time is pay DPG $2 and you can do this.
  18. TacoTime! Journeyman

Literally $2 is the only value you can't pay for it, lol. $3 solo or +1$ added to another perk
  19. Muramx Augur

oh no I thought it was $1.98 and rounded up and its $2.98 I am so glad we have people like you to correct everyone. I am sure no one could have figured it out without your much needed help...
  20. Fell Augur

It's no exp-loss. It can not only remove entirely the penalty for dying, it can actually make it beneficial in certain circumstances to die. It's a pay-to-win cheat that should -never- have been created.

Honestly, if DBG must monetize such an essential game mechanic, why not put a limit on it? Change to to be "one no-experience loss death per day maximum". It would at least prevent the most egregious exploits.
    Taladir and Overcast451 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.