Oakwynd may have Finally done me in.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shaidin, May 28, 2023.

1. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Back to my restaurant analogy, do you think a restaurant is invalid if they bring out one new item and it's not something that appeals to you?

There is a TLP that launched this year with a Classic experience. From what I had read about other TLPs, with the exception of the Tradeskill Depot being unlocked for those who bought the NoS expansion, it's pretty much the same "classic experience" that's been on the others launching from the same expansion. Free trade? absolutely no server had that until the launch of Firiona Vie a few months after SoL launched, so, that's not a "classic experience" at all. Random loot, that was new, as far as I know, with Mischief. If random loot was on the special extra cost server (Storm-something?) along with more GM and guide presence then that would have been.. if I recall correctly, after the launch of PoP which also is not a "classic experience" at all. But, yes, I know what you're referring to, you want a server that caters solely to what you deem to be the "classic experience" you want (which is very much not any closer and probably a lot further from the "classic experience" available on Oakwynd).
  2. sadre Augur

Wait. Why am I at a restaurant?
  3. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

You work here now. Put on this hat and warm up the soup.
    Ballzz likes this.
  4. Lejaun Augur

Where are my breadsticks, sadre?
    Ballzz likes this.
  5. Overcast451 Augur

I actually really like FTE. It just does away with lots of ambiguity. No drama scenes about "We pulled that first!!" or whatever or weird "TryHard flexing" to out DPS me on a freakin' non-named Skelly for a couple bone chips, lol.

Sure, there will still be the 'our camp' things and I get that totally, but I think most drama fests about a single mob have been laid to rest.
    Rijacki and Lejaun like this.
  6. Ballzz Journeyman

I think you hit the nail on the head in my mind. The EQ leveling is one of the main things that sets it apart from other MMOs and maybe I'm mistaken but isn't the raiding on each TLP the most similar activity from TLP to TLP? Why would you want to go from raiding on one TLP to a new TLP where you just rush to the same point you were before as fast as possible? Seems sort of pointless (and would get old fast) unless you just really want to race other guilds or something I guess. Maybe I'm missing something or don't understand something about TLPs.

I think I would favor trying to keep most of the core EQ experience intact (I realize it's debatable what is considered 'core') which would include a somewhat drawn out leveling process but each TLP should alter the flow of that process in interesting ways. Ending at a particular expansion for example like Agnarr or maybe starting a TLP with Kunark included instead of just vanilla would be another idea that wouldn't really change the core of the game but would definitely alter the flow of the leveling (and initial starting race options).

Another option could be changing the ZEM list. I think everyone since the dawn of time has roughly followed the same EQ ZEM list to maximize XP. What if they changed it and didn't announce what the changes were so everyone had to find the new "best" XP zones and camps and figure out the new ZEM list. That might be a fun change that would also engage with the social aspects of the game like early EQ days where everyone was searching for the best places to go. Just seems like EQ (unlike most other MMOs) has always been about the journey not the destination so why not focus more on spicing up the journey in each TLP instead of focusing on the destination?
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. wade_watts Augur

Is exp slower than all the last few TLP's? I assumed it was the same as Mischief, Yeliank, etc.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Wow yeah man must be DOA because OP is not having a hard time holding his camps.

:rolleyes:
  9. Doze Augur

This is the one single addition that FTE brought that I actually like and approve of.
    I've always wanted for spawning mobs to have a brief non-aggro grace period where they wouldn't aggro or could be aggroed (but they really ought to add a fade-into-view effect as well on spawning mobs - if at all possible).
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Muramx Augur

There was a something weird with the exp and I dunno what it is personally. I do think it's slower, but it have noticed I will kill 2 of the same mob types/level and one I get 1.7% and the next was 3.5% so I definitely am seeing an inconsistency in exp there. But post 20 there is a huge exp dip. Without the exp bonus and a pot running the exp looks like your playing on live around level 105 were a yellow con gets you .7% exp a kill. I feel this is intentional and something they slide in without telling anyone, else to get people to max out char on the same account for all the bonuses. Someone did some math and I don't know how true it is but for the exp to be "normal" you have to max out 3 characters for the bonuses.
    Nymm likes this.
  11. kain200 Augur

This is exactly what i've started suspecting. I feel like they decided to rebalance the exp rates so that getting to a typical (for new TLP) exp rate only happens once you've got 1 or 2 legacy bonuses kicked in. I think they didn't like how fast some people would level after power leveling a bunch of alts and getting the full bonus so they screwed us on the front end.
    Nymm and Muramx like this.
  12. Ruhi Augur

at lvl 20, in sol a, without xp bonus, a yellow gives 3% - not sure what you are killing.
  13. Temporality New Member

I and many others know it's slower than normal, but unfortunately, I don't have any video evidence of the rate on Mischief or Aradune to prove it.

Ah well. It only really matters to those of us who actually play our characters, anyway. It's a lot easier to load up [redacted] and take a nap.
    Nymm likes this.
  14. Febb Augur

If there was only a way to tell how much experience you get per kill you could compare data between servers. Like a experience percentage on each kill in the chat window...
  15. Kahna Augur

Are you playing a pet class? When solo, if the pet does more than 50% of the damage it will take 50% of the exp.
  16. Citadel New Member

So OP is claiming the server is dying because he's not getting griefed at his camps? Maybe the first to engage mechanic that so many of you seem to despise is actually working as intended?
  17. Ruhi Augur

false. you only take an xp penalty if the pet does 100% of the dmg. If you dagger stab the mob for 1 dmg and the pet does all of the rest, there is no xp penalty.
    Moraeulf likes this.
  18. Kraked Augur

The fact that people are in PoHate at primetime with 1 group in the zone, shows the true population of this server.

PoHate is normally jam packed with people after they reach 46, for BIS gear, to BD/BS/etc.
    My guess is they left or are waiting for D4, EXP rate sucks, FTE is still borked.
    Nymm, Doze and Klokk like this.
  19. Klokk Journeyman

It could also mean that the population on here is so super casual that there are not enough high end folks. These people are necessary for long term viability. Idk how many 50s and the raid scene on oakwynd...but thats def not normal
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Muramx Augur

Everywhere. I am a bit OCD about a lot of things and I track stuff like crazy. I noticed first at 20 in unrest. In the MR then in FP. I noticed it and started using the even cons skellies as a control group of sorts. There were definitely spikes I would get less on one, it wasn't ever single time. Then in najena for a little bit , LGuk then upper. Upper I remember clearly I was getting 1.776% but I would still get those even con frogs that were the same type were I would suddenly get 1.2% every so often.