Fixed Internally The Spirit Fades

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Auspice, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Auspice New Member

Mission gets completed which chest spawns allows open chest but don't receive lockout or coins for completing mission. Been happening since last patch.
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

3. Nniki Augur

Related reports:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/velks-mission-win-chest-bug.265710/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ebound-avatar-mission-loot-no-lockout.263894/

The event completion step (the one preceding the step to open the chest) sometimes takes longer than usual to register, and you can end up opening the chest before it does so. This results in a bugged mission where everything is complete (except the open chest step since it wasn't technically available yet?), but you don't get a lockout nor coins. You do get the loot from the chest you opened, and since you don't receive a lockout, you can also run the mission again.

It recently happened to me with the Mean Streets mission.
  4. Auspice New Member

This honestly doesn't make sense?

The chest pops and allows you to open it but doesn't register on the lockouts and voids giving coins.

This needs to be addressed or people could exploit the chest! "I personally don't need loot I'm after coin for the completion and keep getting robbed.

Inn order to get the coin requires you to open the chest. But no coins since last patch only. Previously had no issues with the failure to receive coins.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

From a UX yes it doesn't make sense. From a scripting perspective it makes sense. The script line that spawns the chest (an NPC technically, that is interactable), is independent of and firing/completing before the script line that updates the task and starts listening for the next event. They do have a method to delay the chest to ensure the task updates first before the chest is spawned, but the events don't always get coded that way or maybe the method isn't always 100%, impacted by lag.
  6. aozs Augur

Happened to me on the door mission a few days ago too, after probably over 100 clears of the mission.

A possible way to address this is to just have the 2 task steps active at the same time:

Defeat Encounter 0/1
    Open the chest 0/1

This should let you open the chest without waiting for the "Defeat Encounter" option to register, therefore avoiding this problem. IIRC the Restless Assault mission in ToV is coded like this
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

It's bad form to leave a listener open like that (extra server load for an event that's not forthcoming), or else depending on their scripting API they might not be able to start listening on the chest until its spawned anyway.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Seems odd to me that creating the chest could even come before defeating the encounter. Why wouldnt you script chest spawn based on encounter completion so it always comes after?
    Yinla and Auspice like this.
  9. Auspice New Member

Agree it opens the door for people to exploit in its current way. Very frustrating for honest players that do these for coin and get nothing but rot chest.