Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Nessirfiti Augur

So what you're saying, is that you're willing to change how the game is played, fundamentally so you might possibly have a slightly better chance of getting GEBS at the start of a server?

And you don't see why I think this is an absolutely ridiculous idea? These problems you're saying that this would solve don't exist past a certain point, and yet you'd advocate for everyone to have to deal with the negative consequences.

And I don't mean that telling a guildmate that they can't loot an item is a hostile act. I mean that the system itself is hostile, in the way that spikes on planters in cities is hostile architecture. When you're putting in game systems that make things worse for everyone, to solve a problem that only exists for a few people for a short time, that is a hostile system.
  2. Aiona Augur

What I am saying is stop putting words in my mouth.

Your hostility is misplaced.
    Demetri likes this.
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

Oh Dang, you sure showed me, with a... Guild summit from 2004. I will admit, I had no idea these existed, which is not a great review of house influential they were. See, when you said guild summit, I thought you meant when guild leaders got together and hashed things out.

You play on Aradune, don't you. This seems pretty typical of the people who play on that cesspit.

I wasn't replying to you with that, calm down you're getting way too worked up over this, I think. Unless that's your sockpuppet?
  4. Ruhi Augur

that "old man yells at clouds" phase too huh
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

I'm on these forums, arguing with rabid anti-boxers and people who seem to hate the game, so I guess so. Either that, or I long to become Sisyphus.
  6. Trance Lorekeeper

Made me snort laugh :)
    Sabra likes this.
  7. Aiona Augur

That's what the guild summit was, I... are you even paying attention? The guild summit I am talking about had guild leaders from guilds on every server involved in meetings and they even went so far as to meet up with the developers in San Diego.

Why are you being so flippant and presumptuous? I've played every TLP that has been launched, or 1-2 of every set, since their inception. Why does it matter to you which one I play on?

You got me on that one, I wasn't paying attention, I just hit reply when I got the notification that you had replied. I assumed it was to me. My bad, I apologize.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

I'm paying attention, I just don't understand what relevance a guild summit from 2004 has to do with this at this point. Granted, at this point I may have lost the train of what you and I specifically were disagreeing about.

The reason it matters what server, is I find that certain servers generally have the same sort of players, personality wise.

And why am I being so flippant? I didn't think I was, but if I am, it's entirely because I think that encounter locking is a ridiculous idea and I can only entertain it in a serious manner for so long.
  9. Komodon Augur

Well for starters nothing is going to be a blanket fix all, and those boots are tradeable, so your chosen example there wouldn't even be valid.

So what essentially amounts to setting the barrier of entry at playing the game as initially intended and a condition that a toon actually has be an active participant in getting the said item piece in question to drop in order to loot it is a ridiculous concept? Really? Maybe I'm just too old at this point to not remember a time where "WTS Loot rights!!" didn't spend the first 6 or so expansions (not a "short time" imo) dominating open world chats and some people's everyday gameplay, but yeah....looks like we are going to totally disagree on just how "fundamental" maintaining the ability to do that actually is within EQ1's gameplay.

Just like FTE and DPS racing, what I proposed obviously has it's own pros and cons factors to consider. For some chasing a meaningful amount of toxicity out of lot of open world camps and sticking the dagger into LR camping is worth the trade off. Others would rather deal with the toxicity if it means they can still log in and run over their alt to loot a piece of no drop gear. Unfortunately and in the end though you can't always have the best of both worlds if one is going to directly allow the other.
  10. Nessirfiti Augur

Because locking the corpse permanently will totally stop that. WTS slot in soandso camp this price for this drop, this price for that drop.

The solution that causes the least disruption to everyone else, is mischief style loot, I haven't actually played on mischief past about level 10, but I hear good things, and it has the benefit of not making everything generally worse for everyone else. Which is the issue I have with all of this.

You have an issue with people selling loot rights in chat channels, but /ignore exists and /leave exists, It's what I do. And there are solutions that don't make things arguably worse for everyone, while trying to fix problems that either solve themselves, or can be solved by already existing features.

"didn't spend the first 6 or so expansions (not a "short time" imo)"

6 expansions out of 27 if you don't count LoY and LDoN is a short time. It might seem like a long time if you only ever play those expansions, but some people don't flit about from server to server declaring that the only expansions that exist are the ones before Gates of Discord.
  11. Heirauz Journeyman

So when are the devs going to say anything about anything in regards to changing the server to something more fun/exciting?
  12. Thatoneguy666 Elder

They got 3 hours before everyone goes home for the weekend. If it's not up by then, it's anyone guess. A week, a month, next year, it's not like they even gave a timeframe.

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best.
  13. Nessirfiti Augur

I'm assuming they're hoping people will just argue themselves out and forget about it.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I doubt we'll hear anything until just a few days before the server launches, at which point everything will be locked into place and it'll be full steam ahead. I don't think any dev wants to set foot anywhere near this cesspool of a topic.

Given the lack of even a "Hey, you kids need to play nice!" scolding post, I don't think they're even reading anything on these threads.
  15. Nessirfiti Augur

I can't blame them, if I was them I'd be pretending I don't exist with regards to this thread.
  16. Trance Lorekeeper

This is now officially the most popular topic in the history of EverQuest by reply count.

It's already been 9 days, please don't go home for the weekend without acknowledging us.
  17. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Well technically speaking its not their job to read it. That's for our beloved Community Managers to read all this, collect the various opinions, remove the vitriol and angst, and report the concerns in a level-headed way to the people who actually make decisions.

Whether any of this is actually happening, or any of that feedback will have even a tiny effect on the decision making process is anyone's guess.
  18. Ownanat Journeyman

Like I said, read the staff post tracker. Most recent replies to see what they care about, newsflash it's not us, it's cosmetics
  19. Komodon Augur

Was the very first sentence in the reply you quoted not clear enough? Or do you just consider any presented solution that can't be an absolute 100% show stopper to also be a "ridiculous" idea?

On a personal level I actually don't have a direct issue with people selling loot rights. In fact by upping the ante within your example there to include that extended level of interactive group play it would even be less offensive in my own biased eyes. Just as I believe GDKP raids in themselves are ultimately good for every server despite the fact they are heavily RMT driven. But all that said, in this context it's just impossible to ignore that it is indeed driving force behind a very large majority of the toxic play that goes on, and a lot of that goes away entirely with no LR. /Ignore or /leave doesn't do that, or actually address the issue if that is the intended goal either btw.

I like playing past Gates, and OOW is my favorite expansion. Remind me exactly how not being able to give rotting loot away to outside party members is going to somehow end up completely breaking the core gameplay to that and those other latter expansions?
  20. Vlahkmaak Augur

I'd be more willing to give the FTE mechanic a chance if they actually enticed people to the server with things many have been asking for since the inception of TLP:

- All class race combis from start
    - Mischief lewt rulez..